72%
No
28%

Total votes: 64

dpwolf
Long Time Jerk

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by dpwolf »

tepista wrote:I like to believe the conspiracy theory for fun (like when Wolter told me there was no such thing as Shakespeare) but now that I've read a bit about this Sibrel clown, I hate his guts.

GO MOON LANDING!!!
I did the same and totally agree. What a tool. For the record, I'm not in his camp.

but now for something completely different:

[youtube][/youtube]
then don't go killing all the bees

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

[youtube][/youtube]

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

dpwolf wrote:but now for something completely different:

[youtube][/youtube]
Interesting to say the least.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

dpwolf wrote:
tepista wrote:I like to believe the conspiracy theory for fun (like when Wolter told me there was no such thing as Shakespeare) but now that I've read a bit about this Sibrel clown, I hate his guts.

GO MOON LANDING!!!
I did the same and totally agree. What a tool. For the record, I'm not in his camp.

but now for something completely different:

[youtube][/youtube]
"we are not alone"

Stay Free
Corner Soul

Post by Stay Free »

revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:YES, THERE IS A FUCKING FACE ON MARS!!!!!
And bigfoot.

That aint bigfoot its ozzy osboune
Ends up making payments on a sofa or a girl.

dpwolf
Long Time Jerk

Post by dpwolf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
dpwolf wrote:Why would they fake some of the photos?
I explained that in my first post—because the photos taken on the moon weren't good enough for public consumption (the propaganda aspect). Hypothetically, of course.
I started reading Richard Hoagland's new book Dark Mission, Secret History of NASA. He claims to have worked at NASA in the 60s and 70s, at least as a consultant. He's the face on Mars dude. (It's not his face, but he did publish a book, circulate photos, talk a lot, etc.)

From the intro and first chapter, he seems to be saying that NASA:

- started the fake lunar landing theory and filmed a fake landing at Area 51 to hide what really was going on;
- found alien ruins and artifacts on the moon;
- has investigated and confirmed the same on mars; and
- possibly helped assassin JFK because of his promotion of joint US/Soviet missions to the moon.

He provides documents regarding NASA's formation which seem to imply that one of its primary purposes was to investigate alien activities. The theory is that NASA took back a lot of stuff from the moon to reverse engineer but then quit the program in favor of earth orbit projects, which helped keep those moon efforts secret especially after 30 years without follow up. With other countries interested now interested in getting to the moon, NASA (and those in/from/behind the executive branch to whom it answers) knows there are tons of stuff up there and are thus concerned, explaining the upcoming revamped and accelerated efforts from the US. He thinks there will be a new lunar landing race, very important and very big. I haven't really gotten that far and am not sure I will, but he's mentioned large see-through glass like buildings.

He does have some rather interesting theories on hyper dimensional physics relating to the formation of planets and tapping into their swirling energies using tetrahedral theories. I don't know how else to explain it in one or two sentences but he seems to put a tetrahedron, a pyramid, in the middle of a planet/sphere and where the corners touch the planet surface are energy points, and correlate with things like Giza, Stonehenge as well as the face on Mars and the spot on Jupiter.

Image :twitch: Image

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

How did all the JFK conspiracy theorists miss the faked moon landing angle?! Jesus. I may have to hunt that down just for the batshittery of it all.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

dpwolf
Long Time Jerk

Post by dpwolf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:How did all the JFK conspiracy theorists miss the faked moon landing angle?! Jesus. I may have to hunt that down just for the batshittery of it all.
It doesn't seem like something he's given much thought to and I'm somewhat surprised he mentioned it at all, because without support it horribly discredits anything else he might offer. He mentioned it off handedly once and I found it odd but already at the end of Ch. 1 he has said something a couple of times. Batshittery indeed.

-----------

September 20, 1963- Kennedy proposes joint mission to the moon

An optimistic and upbeat President John F. Kennedy suggests that the Soviet Union and the United States cooperate on a mission to mount an expedition to the moon. The proposal caught both the Soviets and many Americans off guard.

In 1961, shortly after his election as president, John F. Kennedy announced that he was determined to win the "space race" with the Soviets. Since 1957, when the Soviet Union sent a small satellite--Sputnik--into orbit around the earth, Russian and American scientists had been competing to see who could make the next breakthrough in space travel. Outer space became another frontier in the Cold War. Kennedy upped the ante in 1961 when he announced that the United States would put a man on the moon before the end of the decade. Much had changed by 1963, however. Relations with the Soviet Union had improved measurably. The Cuban Missile Crisis of October 1962 had been settled peacefully. A "hot line" had been established between Washington and Moscow to help avert conflict and misunderstandings. A treaty banning the open air testing of nuclear weapons had been signed in 1963. On the other hand, U.S. fascination with the space program was waning. Opponents of the program cited the high cost of the proposed trip to the moon, estimated at more than $20 billion. In the midst of all of this, Kennedy, in a speech at the United Nations, proposed that the Soviet Union and United States cooperate in mounting a mission to the moon. "Why," he asked the audience, "therefore, should man's first flight to the moon be a matter of national competition?" Kennedy noted, "the clouds have lifted a little" in terms of U.S.-Soviet relations, and declared "The Soviet Union and the United States, together with their allies, can achieve further agreements--agreements which spring from our mutual interest in avoiding mutual destruction."

Soviet Foreign Minister Andrei Gromyko applauded Kennedy's speech and called it a "good sign," but refused to comment on the proposal for a joint trip to the moon. In Washington, there was a good bit of surprise--and some skepticism--about Kennedy's proposal. The "space race" had been one of the focal points of the Kennedy administration when it came to office, and the idea that America would cooperate with the Soviets in sending a man to the moon seemed unbelievable. Other commentators saw economics, not politics, behind the proposal. With the soaring price tag for the lunar mission, perhaps a joint effort with the Soviets was the only way to save the costly program. What might have come of Kennedy's idea is unknown--just two months later, he was assassinated in Dallas, Texas. His successor, Lyndon B. Johnson, abandoned the idea of cooperating with the Soviets but pushed ahead with the lunar program. In 1969, the United States landed a man on the moon, thus winning a significant victory the "space race."

darter
Sightsee MC

Post by darter »

Moon? That big white thing is a dirigible they've floated up there to hide the portal that would allow us to escape from the terrarium they keep us in.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I believe the moon landing to be fake, I mean where were the Apes?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:I believe the moon landing to be fake, I mean where were the Apes?
Hiding on the other side, silly.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

eumaas wrote:have there ever been any horror films about the moonlanding? i have a faint memory of one but it may have been a childhood dream
How prophetic, eumaas.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:I believe the moon landing to be fake, I mean where were the Apes?
Hiding on the other side, silly.
In the forbidden zone, no way only humans can survive there.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

...and where exactly are the pictures of the "Selenites" the grotesque human like ant forms that live in the immense crystal caverns?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I just re-read this thread. And despaired at our capacity for gullibility all over again.