WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Nixon!

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 7:51am
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... p-00042678

The kid looks like a young Roger Stone. :yuck:
I wonder if he has any friends younger than 60?
"Geoff who takes kids camping is dead all the boys except Rusty are missing." - revbob
"Rock on George, one time for Ringo." - Ringo Starr

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 11:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 4:06pm
More Nixon! The Boss and I have started watching Gaslit, a darkly humourous account that emphasizes the sinister lunatics and general batshittery around the story, with special attention to Martha Mitchell (her story is more horror story than black comedy). In particular, I think SM would eat this up, but most people here would enjoy it.
Did this start as a podcast?? I remember listening to a podcast that told the story through the eyes of MM (at least I think I remember something like that).
Yeah, I believe this was inspired by the Slow Burn (s1) podcast on weird aspects of Watergate. One of the episodes focused on Martha.

We've got one episode left and I can say it's worth watching if only for Liddy, who is played fairly but comically as completely insane. I mean, I recognized a lot of stuff that was depicted in Gaslit and it's jawdropping how easily it translates into dark comedy. I've never read his memoir, but I'm thinking I might have to.
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 11:19am
WestwayKid wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 11:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
More Nixon! The Boss and I have started watching Gaslit, a darkly humourous account that emphasizes the sinister lunatics and general batshittery around the story, with special attention to Martha Mitchell (her story is more horror story than black comedy). In particular, I think SM would eat this up, but most people here would enjoy it.
Did this start as a podcast?? I remember listening to a podcast that told the story through the eyes of MM (at least I think I remember something like that).
Yeah, I believe this was inspired by the Slow Burn (s1) podcast on weird aspects of Watergate. One of the episodes focused on Martha.

We've got one episode left and I can say it's worth watching if only for Liddy, who is played fairly but comically as completely insane. I mean, I recognized a lot of stuff that was depicted in Gaslit and it's jawdropping how easily it translates into dark comedy. I've never read his memoir, but I'm thinking I might have to.
It's fascinating stuff. I reread The Final Days every now and then. I'm going to check out Gaslit for sure.
"Geoff who takes kids camping is dead all the boys except Rusty are missing." - revbob
"Rock on George, one time for Ringo." - Ringo Starr

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
You got me.
I'm the all night drug prowling wolf
Who looks so sick in the sun

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 1:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You got me.
Watch it with your missuz so you can turn to her every so often and say, "That scene is entirely true."
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919