JFK Assassaversary Conspiracy Extravaganza

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: JFK Assassaversary Conspiracy Extravaganza

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:Hey, Oswald was my age when he shot the President. Another signpost of how much I could have achieved by now.
I'm older than JFK was when he was elected president, and when RFK and MLK were assassinated. King was only 39—that just astounds me how much he accomplished in such a short time.
Wow, had no idea King was so young. There was a serene maturity about the man that suggested anywhere from late thirties to early fifties.
Related to that generational bit a few days ago, King was Silent Gen (so was RFK).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

One of only two 80s Twilight Zone episodes that I can recall watching*:
[youtube][/youtube]

* The other is an adaptation of a Richard Matheson story about a couple being presented with a box that has a button in it. If they press it, they get a million dollars or something like that, but someone they don't know will die. Of course there's a twist at the end, but I won't spoil it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:Hey, Oswald was my age when he shot the President. Another signpost of how much I could have achieved by now.
I'm older than JFK was when he was elected president, and when RFK and MLK were assassinated. King was only 39—that just astounds me how much he accomplished in such a short time.
Wow, had no idea King was so young. There was a serene maturity about the man that suggested anywhere from late thirties to early fifties.
They're like Buddy Holly and Jimi Hendrix, they weren't around long enough to do shitty things like Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They're like Buddy Holly and Jimi Hendrix, they weren't around long enough to do shitty things like Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney
MLK's later years, campaigning for fairer parking tariffs, and organising Wal-Mart boycotts, would have been his She's The Boss.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Silent Majority wrote:
tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
MLK's later years, campaigning for fairer parking tariffs, and organising Wal-Mart boycotts, would have been his She's The Boss.
And when he recreated his "Dream" speech for a local mattress store commercial.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

New band name: Texas Book Suppository

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:And when he recreated his "Dream" speech for a local mattress store commercial.
I have a dream that you will have the best sleep in years for the lowest price imaginable. No, the price isn't free at last, but it's pretty close. Come on down, we're just off exit 44 at I-80.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:And when he recreated his "Dream" speech for a local mattress store commercial.
I have a dream that you will have the best sleep in years for the lowest price imaginable. No, the price isn't free at last, but it's pretty close. Come on down, we're just off exit 44 at I-80.
Holy fuck that's funny.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Holy fuck that's funny.
Hookworm's killing today, he must be high.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Holy fuck that's funny.
That joke will prevent me from getting my history degree if it ever gets out.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:That joke will prevent me from getting my history degree if it ever gets out.
I've already mailed a screencap to:

Canada University of Hockey
c/o Whoever is in charge of H. Worm
Some Polar Bear Den or Whatever, Fordronto CRACKCRACK-CRACK
America's Hat

I assume your postal service, which is just mounties going around and handing out letters, will receive the letter since I shoved it off in a canoe earlier today.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

Ha, Canada jokes. Take that, Kennedy!

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Holy fuck that's funny.
That joke will prevent me from getting my history degree if it ever gets out.
IMCT is a great secret. Isn't Flex some kind of senator or something?

Speaking of, did y'all see the Colbert Report where a Colorado town was legalizing Drone Hunting? I was like "please be Flex, please be Flex"

Flex

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:IMCT is a great secret. Isn't Flex some kind of senator or something?
That's Dr. Senator to you!
Speaking of, did y'all see the Colbert Report where a Colorado town was legalizing Drone Hunting? I was like "please be Flex, please be Flex"
It's always sad when the hunters become the hunted. :cry:

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:That joke will prevent me from getting my history degree if it ever gets out.
I've already mailed a screencap to:

Canada University of Hockey
c/o Whoever is in charge of H. Worm
Some Polar Bear Den or Whatever, Fordronto CRACKCRACK-CRACK
America's Hat

I assume your postal service, which is just mounties going around and handing out letters, will receive the letter since I shoved it off in a canoe earlier today.
Damn. :scared: