quarter pound on ishen

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: quarter pound on ishen

Post by Low Down Low »

101Walterton wrote:Neither of those are the version I listen to. No idea where it is from but will keep looking.
I haven't got it to hand, owing to an unfortunate computer crash, but have a feeling the show you're thinking of is the Liquid Rooms, Tokyo, 1 Oct, 2002. Remember that being a great show to listen to all round.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

So. I'm listening to my copy of Liquid Rooms thinking, I haven't heard this in a while and it being one of my favs, I'll upload it it for Low Down Low. Well there are numerous digital skips and noises during my the entire show, really bumming me out! Is this on everybody's copies?

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Cheers coffee. I do have a copy of the Liquid Rooms on cd but it skips frequently, probably cos its old and I dont exactly treat my burned cd collection with kid gloves.

Also like the Osaka 'On Air' show, despite Joe's obvious vocal problems. If anything, his croaky voice adds to the quality of it!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

The Let's Rock Again! version melted my mind sometime in the early 2000s. Someone in our house had recently purchased a vaporizer — my buddy and I couldn't get over the dub violin and I spent the rest of the night out on the porch with a half-empty carton of orange juice.