New (to me) Joe vid

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

New (to me) Joe vid

Post by yetaca »

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: New (to me) Joe vid

Post by Heston »

I used to watch Rapido religiously but this one is new to me I think.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Boy they really make use of IFTL.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Interesting bit at the end there about Joe not liking braggadocios rap music. I wonder what he thought of NWA and Public Enemy.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 3:01am
Interesting bit at the end there about Joe not liking braggadocios rap music. I wonder what he thought of NWA and Public Enemy.
I haven't watched it, but if you can handle Bo Diddley, Run-DMC should be fine.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
He bigs up Run DMC during the 1984 Scargill show. Dunno if they fit the bill for braggadocio rap.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 11:15am
RockNRollWhore wrote:
He bigs up Run DMC during the 1984 Scargill show. Dunno if they fit the bill for braggadocio rap.
Hello,

I wouldn't think any of the groups mentioned are considered braggadocio. Public Enemy are one of the most political groups around. I can't think of a single Public Enemy love song - anyone?

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

gkbill wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 2:09pm
Heston wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Hello,

I wouldn't think any of the groups mentioned are considered braggadocio. Public Enemy are one of the most political groups around. I can't think of a single Public Enemy love song - anyone?
I'm not calling them Braggadocio. I'm wondering what he thought of the more politically minded rap groups mentioned.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 3:00pm
gkbill wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 2:09pm
Heston wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Hello,

I'm not calling them Braggadocio. I'm wondering what he thought of the more politically minded rap groups mentioned.
I remember reading somewhere or maybe it was a tv interview where Joe mentions he was not impressed with hearing about the anti-semitic and homophobic stuff that happened with Public Enemy via Professor Griff.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia