Lefties

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
xtopher
Corner Soul

Lefties

Post by xtopher »

Hi folks,

Popping out of lurkdom briefly to post an article about an artist paralyzed by a stroke, and thus forced to paint with her left hand: https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB958084527693822095

I read this article when it came out (almost 21 years ago!), and it has stuck with me ever since. Obviously, it reminded me of Joe...his "unburdened" style of playing and singing (a "celtic shaman", as CK put it). I've searched for this article before, but it's always been behind the WSJ paywall, but it's out now so I thought I'd share it before it disappears again.

-c

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Lefties

Post by Marky Dread »

xtopher wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 2:17am
Hi folks,

Popping out of lurkdom briefly to post an article about an artist paralyzed by a stroke, and thus forced to paint with her left hand: https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB958084527693822095

I read this article when it came out (almost 21 years ago!), and it has stuck with me ever since. Obviously, it reminded me of Joe...his "unburdened" style of playing and singing (a "celtic shaman", as CK put it). I've searched for this article before, but it's always been behind the WSJ paywall, but it's out now so I thought I'd share it before it disappears again.

-c
Cheers c, where you been hiding?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

xtopher
Corner Soul

Post by xtopher »

Hi Marky,

Too much real life...not enough time for fun. But I've been meaning to ping you - watch for a PM this weekend!

-c

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

xtopher wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 1:10am
Hi Marky,

Too much real life...not enough time for fun. But I've been meaning to ping you - watch for a PM this weekend!

-c
Will do cheers.

I feel like Diana Ross. I'm Still Waiting. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia