Joe Srummer & The Mescaleros Irving Plaza New York 10th October 2001 MASTER Recording

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Charlie Dont Surf
Long Time Jerk

Joe Srummer & The Mescaleros Irving Plaza New York 10th October 2001 MASTER Recording

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Another Verified Master Recording

Take It or Leave It, It's costing you nothing.

Taper Details Below

Joe Srummer and The Mescaleros
Irving Plaza
New York City NY
USA

10th October 2001

Buenaventura Master
AUD: Sony ECM-717 mic > Sony WM-D6 > analog master [TDK D90] > Kenwood KX-5030 cassette deck > Zoom H2 > WAV (16/44) [transfer to auto_pilot] > Audacity (rejoin wavs, balance channels, normalize, trimming) > CDWave (tracking) > TLH (flac, checksum)

01 Minstrel Boy
02 Cool 'n' Out
03 Global a Go-Go
04 Rudie Can't Fail
05 Bhindi Bhagi
06 Armagideon Time
07 Shaktar Donetsk
08 Police and Thieves
09 Mega Bottle Ride
10 Tony Adams
11 Mondo Bongo
12 Johnny Appleseed
13 Bummed-Out City
14 Police on My Back
15 The Harder They Come
16 Yalla Yalla
17 Pressure Drop
18 I Fought the Law
19 encore break
20 Bankrobber
21 Blitzkrieg Bop
22 Message to You Rudy
23 London's Burning

Running time [106:34]

Dropout between tracks 01 and 02.
Tape flip during track 09.
Tape flip between 16 and 17. Start of 17 cut.

blackmarketclash describes this recording as "When clear it is very good and when not, it is below average." It unfortunately suffers from some distortion throughout and there's a drop out of a few seconds after the first track.

buenaventura notes:
"I flew in to New York City for the first time in my life in early October 2001. It was not the ideal time, but when we had planned the trip months earlier, time to coincide with a Strummer-gig, we couldn't have planned for what would happen on September 11, 2001. My girlfriend at the time had started a job in New York at the beginning of September. I remember we talked on the phone, early in the morning that day, when she went to the subway to get on the train to downtown Manhattan. Never having been there, I couldn't quite place where her office was in relation to the towers, but she was enough blocks away to have not been in any danger. Coming in to New York on a flight from Europe in early October was weird. The plane wasn't very full, i think my original flight got cancelled and i ended up flying Air France instead of KLM, though i can't be sure anymore. I remember taking the subway and the signs "to World Trade Center all times". The area around where the towers used to be was cordoned off, but all of lower Manhattan felt like it was in a defiant daze.

20 years ago, I think I expected Joe to comment more on the situation the city he was playing found itself in, but listening back to it now, i think he says just enough. I remember hanging out before the show with my girlfriend at the time, and she was quite impressed when Joe just walked through the bar area, with a few greetings and exchanges here and there. but that's just who he was."

https://we.tl/t-me5AI1jDCf

CDS
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Joe Srummer & The Mescaleros Irving Plaza New York 10th October 2001 MASTER Recording

Post by Sparky »

Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 4:25pm
Another Verified Master Recording

Take It or Leave It, It's costing you nothing.

Taper Details Below

Joe Srummer and The Mescaleros
Irving Plaza
New York City NY
USA

10th October 2001

Buenaventura Master
AUD: Sony ECM-717 mic > Sony WM-D6 > analog master [TDK D90] > Kenwood KX-5030 cassette deck > Zoom H2 > WAV (16/44) [transfer to auto_pilot] > Audacity (rejoin wavs, balance channels, normalize, trimming) > CDWave (tracking) > TLH (flac, checksum)

CDS
Thank you CDS!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Joe Srummer & The Mescaleros Irving Plaza New York 10th October 2001 MASTER Recording

Post by dave202 »

Thanks for this CDS

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Nice one. Like minstrel boy as an opener, i mean in general and not just because of the occasion of the show.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Thanks CDS!!!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Thank you!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy