Earthquake Weather remixed remaster.

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Re: Earthquake Weather remixed remaster.

Post by TrashCityRocker »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 11:04am
TrashCityRocker wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 10:28am
I remember having a small disagreement online with someone who claimed Cholo Vest was not “LRW” era material. They argued that it was released under just “Joe Strummer” and that PR, Trash City single, and RATR tour constitutes the LRW era. I argued it was an outtake from the PR sessions that was released a year later, and that it was even featured in the PR film. Some people you just can’t reason with lol

Cholo Vest (Film Version).m4a

Also, I don’t know if you all knew this, but the end of the PR film features a more upbeat/uptempo mix of TFPR. In fact, the movie features alternate mixes of Baby The Trans and Nefertiti Rock too, but it’s mostly the vocals that seem to be different for Nefertiti and BTT. Just an FYI in case anybody cares.

Theme From Permanent Record (Alternate Mix).m4a

Note: the files I attached are low bit rate rips from the movie, unfortunately I have no vocal remover software.
There's also an intro at the start of the movie that's around 1:45 long. I've remixed the whole soundtrack for the box set I'm working on. Those clips you posted are not included as you can not remove all the background noise/talking cleanly.
Hi Marky, what ripping software do you normally use to rip the audio from movies? I’d you don’t mind me asking.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TrashCityRocker wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 11:18am
Marky Dread wrote:
TrashCityRocker wrote:
I remember having a small disagreement online with someone who claimed Cholo Vest was not “LRW” era material. They argued that it was released under just “Joe Strummer” and that PR, Trash City single, and RATR tour constitutes the LRW era. I argued it was an outtake from the PR sessions that was released a year later, and that it was even featured in the PR film. Some people you just can’t reason with lol

Also, I don’t know if you all knew this, but the end of the PR film features a more upbeat/uptempo mix of TFPR. In fact, the movie features alternate mixes of Baby The Trans and Nefertiti Rock too, but it’s mostly the vocals that seem to be different for Nefertiti and BTT. Just an FYI in case anybody cares.

Note: the files I attached are low bit rate rips from the movie, unfortunately I have no vocal remover software.
There's also an intro at the start of the movie that's around 1:45 long. I've remixed the whole soundtrack for the box set I'm working on. Those clips you posted are not included as you can not remove all the background noise/talking cleanly.
Hi Marky, what ripping software do you normally use to rip the audio from movies? I’d you don’t mind me asking.
I have two softwares AVS Audio Converter and Audio Record Wizard.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Post by TrashCityRocker »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 11:29am
TrashCityRocker wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 11:18am
Marky Dread wrote:
TrashCityRocker wrote:

I have two softwares AVS Audio Converter and Audio Record Wizard.
Thanks man.

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Hi Marky,
but the song "Don't Tango with Django" from where does it come from?
I wish say you a little curiosity, I'm listening a lot of material of Joe in these days and according the words of Joe during the night at the I-Beam San Francisco concert 17-11-1989, Island Hopping was written when Joe was looking for Mick Jones in Nassau in the summer 1985. I don't know if it's a joke from Joe only but his words, more or less, are "...ok, this next song [had] when i went down to see Mick Jones in the town of Nassau in Bahamas..."
Cheers

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 7:29pm
Hi Marky,
I wish say you a little curiosity, I'm listening a lot of material of Joe in these days and according the words of Joe during the night at the I-Beam San Francisco concert 17-11-1989, Island Hopping was written when Joe was looking for Mick Jones in Nassau in the summer 1985. I don't know if it's a joke from Joe only but his words, more or less, are "...ok, this next song [had] when i went down to see Mick Jones in the town of Nassau in Bahamas..."
Cheers
"Gangsterville" 12" single

A1 Gangsterville
A2 Jewellers & Bums
B1 Punk Rock Blues
B2 Don't Tango With Django

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Stefano1972 wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 7:29pm
Hi Marky,
Cheers
Fascinating! Thanks for sharing that.