Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by APACHES67 »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 11:17am
JohnS wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 10:17am
dave202 wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 5:28am
The other things missing which annoy me are the live 'Bhindi Bhagee' from the 'Global' reissue, '(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais' at the 100 Club from a Mojo cd, the live b-sides from the 'Streetcore' singles, 'Trash City' from an American magazine cd and a proper issue of 'Ishen' which was available on their web site decades ago. These, together with the Acton gig would make a couple of extra cds for the box.
Cheers Dave for that list. I'd never heard about that 'Trash City' on a magazine CD, which got me checking discogs. Yes, they've left out a lot of scattered rarities which it would be nice to have in one place

https://www.discogs.com/release/3284984 ... -We-Like-2
I'm working on a Deluxe box set of London Calling but when I'm doing maybe I'll put together an extra disc for 002 containing all the stuff Dave listed. I don't have it all but I'm sure with help here we can source it all.
Great announcement

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Marky Dread wrote:
JohnS wrote:
dave202 wrote:
The other things missing which annoy me are the live 'Bhindi Bhagee' from the 'Global' reissue, '(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais' at the 100 Club from a Mojo cd, the live b-sides from the 'Streetcore' singles, 'Trash City' from an American magazine cd and a proper issue of 'Ishen' which was available on their web site decades ago. These, together with the Acton gig would make a couple of extra cds for the box.
Cheers Dave for that list. I'd never heard about that 'Trash City' on a magazine CD, which got me checking discogs. Yes, they've left out a lot of scattered rarities which it would be nice to have in one place

I'm working on a Deluxe box set of London Calling but when I'm doing maybe I'll put together an extra disc for 002 containing all the stuff Dave listed. I don't have it all but I'm sure with help here we can source it all.
TrashCityRocker told me that ‘Trash City’ from the Fat City magazine cd was not recorded live at the Roxy Ballroom in Boston, Mass. as stated, but is in fact from the ‘House of Blues’ show from that tour which got a release this year.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 4:32am
Marky Dread wrote:
JohnS wrote:
dave202 wrote:

TrashCityRocker told me that ‘Trash City’ from the Fat City magazine cd was not recorded live at the Roxy Ballroom in Boston, Mass. as stated, but is in fact from the ‘House of Blues’ show from that tour which got a release this year.
I have an upload and a cd of that gig. So that's one less to find.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

I have got Sam Po Suru, which from memory was a free download from the Lets Rock Again website. Marky, I will get it to you, if you don't have it already.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 3:05pm
I have got Sam Po Suru, which from memory was a free download from the Lets Rock Again website. Marky, I will get it to you, if you don't have it already.
I think I have it somewhere. But an upload would save me some time looking for it. Though I'm not going to do this stuff for a while. I'm too busy with LC at the moment.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 5:36pm
laxman wrote:
I think I have it somewhere. But an upload would save me some time looking for it. Though I'm not going to do this stuff for a while. I'm too busy with LC at the moment.
I just checked that out and it's still available on the website, but a poor 130kbps bit rate.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 6:32am
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
I just checked that out and it's still available on the website, but a poor 130kbps bit rate.
That's a shame. :disshame:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 6:45am
dave202 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
https://www.letsrockagain.com/_pages/lets_preview.htm in case anyone wants it. I wasn't sure the website was still up.

I had a look to see if I had the version of Ishen. I think I do but an even worse bit rate than Sam Po Suru.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 3:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
dave202 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
https://www.letsrockagain.com/_pages/lets_preview.htm in case anyone wants it. I wasn't sure the website was still up.

I had a look to see if I had the version of Ishen. I think I do but an even worse bit rate than Sam Po Suru.
Is Ishen one of the extras on the "Let's Rock Again" dvd.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 3:45pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
dave202 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Yes I think it is, but I have lost track of whether it is the same version as the one that was on the official site.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 3:58pm
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
dave202 wrote:

Yes I think it is, but I have lost track of whether it is the same version as the one that was on the official site.
I have the dvd. So when I get around to compiling this stuff I will sort it from there.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Did we already talk about how it's weird that London is Burning is on 001 and 002 but not Minstrel Boy?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 4:01pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I have the dvd. So when I get around to compiling this stuff I will sort it from there.
Thanks Marky. From a quick check I think they are two different versions. The Lets Rock Again version is the one with the Echo machine comments at the start. I think the official site version starts with Joe saying "This is one they won't be broadcasting". Perhaps someone could confirm, please?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
Did we already talk about how it's weird that London is Burning is on 001 and 002 but not Minstrel Boy?
It's been mentioned further up.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 4:10pm
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

Thanks Marky. From a quick check I think they are two different versions. The Lets Rock Again version is the one with the Echo machine comments at the start. I think the official site version starts with Joe saying "This is one they won't be broadcasting". Perhaps someone could confirm, please?
Ahh okay mate. Maybe I could include both then.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia