Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
motorsmell
Dirty Punk
Posts: 82
Joined: 08 Sep 2011, 7:59pm

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by motorsmell »

Well got my copy of the LP box. Very nice indeed, the book is stunning and so far the wax plays simply lovely...worth the 125 for me. Viva Joe

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 32366
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by Flex »

motorsmell wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 11:01am
Well got my copy of the LP box. Very nice indeed, the book is stunning and so far the wax plays simply lovely...worth the 125 for me. Viva Joe
Hmmmm, I'm easily convinced so this may do it. Do the records seem well-pressed?
In the words of Jean-Paul Sartre: "Au revoir, gopher."

Pex Lives!

JohnS
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1081
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 6:18pm

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by JohnS »

I'm ready to check it out on Spotify in a few hours time, hopefully...
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

motorsmell
Dirty Punk
Posts: 82
Joined: 08 Sep 2011, 7:59pm

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by motorsmell »

Flex wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 12:40pm
motorsmell wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 11:01am
Well got my copy of the LP box. Very nice indeed, the book is stunning and so far the wax plays simply lovely...worth the 125 for me. Viva Joe
Hmmmm, I'm easily convinced so this may do it. Do the records seem well-pressed?
Yeah ive played them through on my lesser set up set up running a VM95EN cart and they play great. Ive only got global to compare too but im liking it...the demos are fucking great too....they have put some real effort in to this box (even though it lacks a "box") the book is very informative and printed really really nice...gloss photos on otherwise matt pages and certain text/images picked out in gloss...really high quality. For the 125 i paid im happy. Hopefully 003 gets the go ahead.

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1967
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Just listened to the demo of X-Ray Style. What a beautiful song.

JohnS
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1081
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 6:18pm

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by JohnS »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 7:31pm
Just listened to the demo of X-Ray Style. What a beautiful song.
Agreed. Always a fave of mine and the demo is great.
And... Ocean Of Dreams now has lyrics! It was only ever circulating as an instrumental outtake, right folks?
Secret Agent Man is fun too, although a bit more 'techno' than I was expecting
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 10509
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by Inder »

Just had a quick midnight listen to some of the new stuff — maybe it’s because I find Streetcore too depressing to listen to, but I’m really digging the slightly rawer Coma Girl and the version of Moses. Hearing Joe namecheck XXX in All in a Day is also very funny.

Love the Tony Adams demo as well, it feels a bit more sprightly than the kinda dense Rock Art version.

motorsmell
Dirty Punk
Posts: 82
Joined: 08 Sep 2011, 7:59pm

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by motorsmell »

Before the 001 set Lucinda did a fair bit of promotion on various radio shows/podcasts etc....does anyone know of any for 002? I'm surprised none of the meskies themselves havent done any interviews etc...

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3657
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by Low Down Low »

motorsmell wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 4:13am
Before the 001 set Lucinda did a fair bit of promotion on various radio shows/podcasts etc....does anyone know of any for 002? I'm surprised none of the meskies themselves havent done any interviews etc...
Not sure about broadcasts tbh but Luce did do a few press interviews when the release was announced, including the below in which she mentions some interesting material for potential future release. Agree, it would be good to hear from the guys and what they're all up to these days.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... t-1385373/

motorsmell
Dirty Punk
Posts: 82
Joined: 08 Sep 2011, 7:59pm

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by motorsmell »

Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 6:02am
motorsmell wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 4:13am
Before the 001 set Lucinda did a fair bit of promotion on various radio shows/podcasts etc....does anyone know of any for 002? I'm surprised none of the meskies themselves havent done any interviews etc...
Not sure about broadcasts tbh but Luce did do a few press interviews when the release was announced, including the below in which she mentions some interesting material for potential future release. Agree, it would be good to hear from the guys and what they're all up to these days.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... t-1385373/
Agreed, infact id always hoped for some sort of meskies reunion but looks like theyve all parted ways. 001/002 are both excellent and i really hope it does well enough to warrant 003. Can never have enough Strummer!

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk
Posts: 130
Joined: 05 Oct 2015, 10:29am

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by AudioAmmunition »

If anyone is just wanting to purchase the download of this Juno Download have it in lossless for £13.99 and 320kb/s mp3 for £10.99.

https://www.junodownload.com/products/j ... 758664-02/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3657
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by Low Down Low »

motorsmell wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 7:54am
Low Down Low wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 6:02am
motorsmell wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 4:13am
Before the 001 set Lucinda did a fair bit of promotion on various radio shows/podcasts etc....does anyone know of any for 002? I'm surprised none of the meskies themselves havent done any interviews etc...
Not sure about broadcasts tbh but Luce did do a few press interviews when the release was announced, including the below in which she mentions some interesting material for potential future release. Agree, it would be good to hear from the guys and what they're all up to these days.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... t-1385373/
Agreed, infact id always hoped for some sort of meskies reunion but looks like theyve all parted ways. 001/002 are both excellent and i really hope it does well enough to warrant 003. Can never have enough Strummer!
Last time i checked, most of them seemed to be still around London/Manchester areas and involved in the business one way or another, lot of film and tv work, so you never know. It's a nice thought anyway.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 17516
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by Silent Majority »

Oh yes, those Dave Brubeck piano chords at the beginning of the Global A-Go-Go demo. Superb.
Wave bye bye to the boss
It's our profit, it's his loss


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

blureu
Dirty Punk
Posts: 53
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 5:28pm

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by blureu »


JohnS
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1081
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 6:18pm

Re: Joe Strummer 002 coming soon

Post by JohnS »

Fair play to Dark Horse, for all the gripes about high prices and not a huge amount of new audio, the packaging of both sets is very well done.
And I prefer the CD to the vinyl version, the 'scrapbook' cover for the book looks nicer, and it looks like it replicates everything from the larger format version. You often find there's more content in the bigger (and more expensive) vinyl versions of box sets.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Post Reply