Joe at an awards show?

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
drugstabbingmime
Corner Soul

Joe at an awards show?

Post by drugstabbingmime »

friends,
lend a hand if you will to get to the root of some rather obscure Joe ephemera. I dont want to wander in to strummernews style malarky here (for the 6 others that remember what that board could get like :rolleyes: ) but this is either a fever dream or something I only half remember. feels like well over a decade ago someone posted a video of an inebriated Joe at some awards show form probably the late 80s - early 90s, and I feel like Bob Mould, or at least someone from Husker Dü was also in the clip and they were presenting an award? I also feel like it was mentioned somewhere here in reference to the the old "did Paul Westerberg and Joe Strummer dig each other" question that gets posed every time Halley's Comet pops by. Abecedarian search prowess notwithstanding, YouTube and IMCT searches have proven fruitless. this real or have I finally gone completely round the twist? Any notes? Any good natured ribbing? Thanks friends.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Joe at an awards show?

Post by Marky Dread »

drugstabbingmime wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 9:04pm
friends,
lend a hand if you will to get to the root of some rather obscure Joe ephemera. I dont want to wander in to strummernews style malarky here (for the 6 others that remember what that board could get like :rolleyes: ) but this is either a fever dream or something I only half remember. feels like well over a decade ago someone posted a video of an inebriated Joe at some awards show form probably the late 80s - early 90s, and I feel like Bob Mould, or at least someone from Husker Dü was also in the clip and they were presenting an award? I also feel like it was mentioned somewhere here in reference to the the old "did Paul Westerberg and Joe Strummer dig each other" question that gets posed every time Halley's Comet pops by. Abecedarian search prowess notwithstanding, YouTube and IMCT searches have proven fruitless. this real or have I finally gone completely round the twist? Any notes? Any good natured ribbing? Thanks friends.

Don't have the clip but Sandra Bernhard introduce Bob Mould who presents Big Audio Dynamite with a music award. Joe Strummer accepted the award on behalf of Mick and the band.

I think there's some info on https://dangerousminds.net/comments/tv_ ... ehalf_of_m

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Equaliser
Dirty Punk

Post by Equaliser »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Mar 2023, 7:22pm
drugstabbingmime wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 9:04pm
friends,

Don't have the clip but Sandra Bernhard introduce Bob Mould who presents Big Audio Dynamite with a music award. Joe Strummer accepted the award on behalf of Mick and the band.

I think there's some info on https://dangerousminds.net/comments/tv_ ... ehalf_of_m
Ron Reagan Jr, (President Ronnie Reagan's son) being present really adds to it as well! I never heard this story. Thanks for dredging that up.

drugstabbingmime
Corner Soul

Post by drugstabbingmime »

thank you friends! that was just enough to find it with a simple YouTube search. I think I'd be less disturbed if would have turned out to actually be a fever dream.