Live at The Music Millennium

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
JChampion
Sightsee MC

Live at The Music Millennium

Post by JChampion »

I was just listening again to this acoustic set from ‘99 on my RSD Black Friday vinyl. Does anybody know who the female is that was singing back up medley during Junco Partner? Just wondering if an audience member was the voice. I thought it worked well and enjoyed it.

XRCF
Junco Partner

Re: Live at The Music Millennium

Post by XRCF »

Not sure who the singer is but thank you for alerting me to this recording. I was able to track down a download and gave it a listen, i had a good laugh at joe's adlibs :lol:.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I have a hazy recollection of a poster either on this or another clash board explaining it was his partner doing the back up singing so she was definitely just a member of the audience. Was a few years ago but remember it being a very cool story.

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

XRCF wrote:
25 Apr 2023, 8:46pm
Not sure who the singer is but thank you for alerting me to this recording. I was able to track down a download and gave it a listen, i had a good laugh at joe's adlibs :lol:.
Yes, Joe seemed to be havin’ a great time playing and ad-libbing. I wish they could have found something else for side 2 instead of the same show.

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

Low Down Low wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 6:28pm
I have a hazy recollection of a poster either on this or another clash board explaining it was his partner doing the back up singing so she was definitely just a member of the audience. Was a few years ago but remember it being a very cool story.
Thank you for the info. That is a cool story and now her voice “goes out to the people in the crowd that have children, so there’ll be something left for them later in the century”
LOL

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JChampion wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 7:10pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Thank you for the info. That is a cool story and now her voice “goes out to the people in the crowd that have children, so there’ll be something left for them later in the century”
LOL
That RSD release doesn't sound as good as the ones I included on the "Without People You're Nothing" box.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 11:23am
JChampion wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
LOL
That RSD release doesn't sound as good as the ones I included on the "Without People You're Nothing" box.
Oh, I fully agree! All of your remixes, box sets and hard work replaced the original versions in my digital music world.
I've been buying vinyl lately and treating myself to "Friday Nite Vinyl"
That's when I get some "me" time to just cue up some records and decompress after the work week.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JChampion wrote:
03 May 2023, 6:50pm
Marky Dread wrote:
JChampion wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
LOL
Oh, I fully agree! All of your remixes, box sets and hard work replaced the original versions in my digital music world.
That's when I get some "me" time to just cue up some records and decompress after the work week.
Nice way to relax. So I approve totally. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 May 2023, 7:26pm
JChampion wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
JChampion wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
LOL
Now, if we could get your Box Sets on Vinyl ...
We'd be talking about some epic amounts of vinyl.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JChampion wrote:
03 May 2023, 7:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
03 May 2023, 7:26pm
JChampion wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
JChampion wrote:

LOL
Now, if we could get your Box Sets on Vinyl ...
We'd be talking about some epic amounts of vinyl.
If only.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia