Joe and The Mescaleros Vive le Rock

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
gobshyte
Corner Soul

Joe and The Mescaleros Vive le Rock

Post by gobshyte »

Morning all.Just got around to opening issue 106 of Vive le Rock that I bought about 2 months ago at Charing Cross station’s branch of WH Smith’s.Anyway it came with a 32 page supplement of “previously unpublished photos” according to the cover blurb.I think it’s unused photos from a book by Anthony Davie.it also comes with a few Clash and Joe related flyers as you can hopefully see in the photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Broadsword calling Danny Boy"

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: Joe and The Mescaleros Vive le Rock

Post by laxman »

It is a supplement that came with one of Ant’s books. Ant told me that he still had a supply, so struck a deal with VLR for it to be included with the magazine at railway station outlets. Hopefully it will be a useful promo to encourage some more book sales.

gobshyte
Corner Soul

Post by gobshyte »

Thanks for that info.it looks like a great book,plus the other Clash books advertised look a worthwhile purchase.Cheers
Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Broadsword calling Danny Boy"

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

gobshyte wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 7:14am
Thanks for that info.it looks like a great book,plus the other Clash books advertised look a worthwhile purchase.Cheers
Definitely. The Vision of a Homeland and the History of the Mescaleros are a great read. And not just because Ant kindly put me in the list of people he thanked at the end of them!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

laxman wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 3:13pm
gobshyte wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 7:14am
Definitely. The Vision of a Homeland and the History of the Mescaleros are a great read. And not just because Ant kindly put me in the list of people he thanked at the end of them!
I've not heard of these books, going to look for them now.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc