London Calling exhibition @ Museum Of London

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: London Calling exhibition @ Museum Of London

Post by Silent Majority »

Plus, aside from the Strummer/Jones hoarder special, Simonon's art background would see the value in a smashed instrument.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Because i've lost most of my old tat and knick knacks for one reason or another over the years, i'm always insanely jealous of those who have hoarded their stuff and can enjoy the memories they bring. I went to see that Mick display when it went up all those years ago and remember being absolutely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of stuff he'd hoarded. I actually made a list of all the books and records i could see but, naturally, i lost it likely very soon after.

crashtheparty
Dirty Punk

Post by crashtheparty »

Does anyone think there’ll be some sort of launch event like the Black Market Clash pop up?

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Low Down Low wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 1:31pm
Because i've lost most of my old tat and knick knacks for one reason or another over the years, i'm always insanely jealous of those who have hoarded their stuff and can enjoy the memories they bring. I went to see that Mick display when it went up all those years ago and remember being absolutely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of stuff he'd hoarded. I actually made a list of all the books and records i could see but, naturally, i lost it likely very soon after.
Do you mean Mick's 'Rock & Roll Library' exhibitions, or the pop-up shop to plug the Sound System box set/ remasters?
There's still a pretty good archive of the shop online. It seems a bit slow now, but you can navigate around and go downstairs where the memorabilia is/was:

http://visualise.s3.amazonaws.com/black ... index.html#
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

JohnS wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 7:19pm
Low Down Low wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 1:31pm
Do you mean Mick's 'Rock & Roll Library' exhibitions, or the pop-up shop to plug the Sound System box set/ remasters?
There's still a pretty good archive of the shop online. It seems a bit slow now, but you can navigate around and go downstairs where the memorabilia is/was:

http://visualise.s3.amazonaws.com/black ... index.html#
Thanks John, was talkin bout Micks rock & roll one, was down by the river somewhere, near the old vanilla studios if i recall correctly. That shop one is pretty neat, but micks one had at least 10 times the volume. I had a good hour to spend there and could have easily spent a couple more.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Low Down Low wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 4:37pm
Thanks John, was talkin bout Micks rock & roll one, was down by the river somewhere, near the old vanilla studios if i recall correctly. That shop one is pretty neat, but micks one had at least 10 times the volume. I had a good hour to spend there and could have easily spent a couple more.
Yeah I remember that one, it was near the Tate Gallery. 'Chelsea Space' part of Chelsea College of Arts. You're right, it had loads of stuff. And yes, a stone's throw from the site of Vanilla Studios.

http://www.chelseaspace.org/archive/jones-pr.html

The same place hosted an equally impressive exhibition of Barney Bubbles' graphic design work a year or so later.

http://www.chelseaspace.org/archive/bubbles-pr.html
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres