Red Angel Dragnet

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Mark^Bastard
Sightsee MC

Re: Red Angel Dragnet

Post by Mark^Bastard »

This is great. The first Travis Bickle sample feels flat in the song but the second one pumps!

Edit: True Force Mix is incredible. That one could easily be a lost B-Side to some obscure 12" release.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mark^Bastard wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 1:04am
This is great. The first Travis Bickle sample feels flat in the song but the second one pumps!

Edit: True Force Mix is incredible. That one could easily be a lost B-Side to some obscure 12" release.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I really like this song, I don't care what anyone says. Thanks Marky!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 5:05pm
Cheers Kory. I don't hate Paul's vocal at all. The Kosmo one is a bit forced but then hey he wasn't singing either.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 5:16am
Kory wrote:
Cheers Kory. I don't hate Paul's vocal at all. The Kosmo one is a bit forced but then hey he wasn't singing either.
It's a warts and all thing but I do dig RAD a great deal. There's so much that individually is wrong about it, but as a whole it succeeds.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:It's a warts and all thing but I do dig RAD a great deal. There's so much that individually is wrong about it, but as a whole it succeeds.
Musically, I think it's one of the best examples of this "narco funk" thing they were (maybe) unintentionally creating. And if the vocals were done any other way, I think it would sound even weirder. It gives me hope for my own upcoming vocal project since I can't sing.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 12:45pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:It's a warts and all thing but I do dig RAD a great deal. There's so much that individually is wrong about it, but as a whole it succeeds.
Musically, I think it's one of the best examples of this "narco funk" thing they were (maybe) unintentionally creating. And if the vocals were done any other way, I think it would sound even weirder. It gives me hope for my own upcoming vocal project since I can't sing.
Conviction can counter so much of a lack of conventional singing ability. Biafra, Lydon, Mark E. Smith, Dylan—none have/had conventionally pleasing voices, but there's conviction in what they're doing that allows it to work.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 12:50pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Conviction can counter so much of a lack of conventional singing ability. Biafra, Lydon, Mark E. Smith, Dylan—none have/had conventionally pleasing voices, but there's conviction in what they're doing that allows it to work.
Docs right. Being in tune comes second to passion.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Yeah, but would you have voted for Curtis Sliwa for mayor recently if you lived in New York? Not me. Whatever one thinks about Eric Adams.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

I wouldn't let Curtis Sliwa within 1000 feet of anything political.
His ex wife on the other hand ..... MAYBE 30 years ago.
The Sliwas are a joke. And not a very funny one at that.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Well hopefully I have some of that.

Charlie Dont Surf
Long Time Jerk

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Cheers Marky, great work AGAIN!!!!
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 12:23pm
Cheers Marky, great work AGAIN!!!!
Cheers CDS.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 7:43pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Well hopefully I have some of that.
If the passion you clearly put into your music is anything to go by then definitely.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mark^Bastard
Sightsee MC

Post by Mark^Bastard »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 7:13am
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
It's a warts and all thing but I do dig RAD a great deal. There's so much that individually is wrong about it, but as a whole it succeeds.
I love it and ghetto defendant. I only really got into Sandinista and Combat rock by having Clash on Broadway taking up half of my 6 CD stacker in my car and really starting to like the later Clash stuff. Ghetto Defendant, Red Angel Dragnet and Straight to Hell were from then on my favourite 3 tracks from Combat Rock, and I actually really really like Cool Confusion too for the same reason.

It took me much longer to like some of the deeper cuts on CR.