Clash busking in Edinburgh

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: Clash busking in Edinburgh

Post by laxman »

Chuck Mangione wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 10:59pm
Love this
Me too, great to see Joe in particular having so much fun. I laughed aloud when Pete saved him from the gates swinging open.

vrouwenverwarmer
Dirty Punk

Post by vrouwenverwarmer »

I can't get enough, this is one of the best Clash performances I've ever seen. Everyone who commented on Clash mark-2 is now silent! :mrgreen:

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

laxman wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 4:31am
Chuck Mangione wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 10:59pm
Love this
Me too, great to see Joe in particular having so much fun. I laughed aloud when Pete saved him from the gates swinging open.
I'm guessing Pete is thinking i wouldn't trust that fucker Bernie with the life insurance.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Great stuff. Somewhat reminiscent of the '68 Comeback Special, conceptually and visually.
Attachments
20221002_103015.jpg
20221002_103015.jpg (55.86 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
B3-Elvis-Presley-performs-Love-Me-at-black-leather-sit-down-show.jpg
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Except for Joe's bright orange hair. That looks more like Elvis's hairpiece from Kissin' Cousins.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Low Down Low wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 5:18am
....Bernie.... could never make up for the bucket of shit he threw over so much else
I just love that line. It makes me laugh every time I read it :mrgreen:
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

JohnS wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 7:23am
Low Down Low wrote:
....Bernie.... could never make up for the bucket of shit he threw over so much else
I wasn't consciously thinking of it, but it's the old Kelvin McKenzie line in relation to John Major. Seems very appropriate as throwing buckets of shit over things is what creeps like Bernie and McKenzie so expertly do!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 7:49am
JohnS wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
I wasn't consciously thinking of it, but it's the old Kelvin McKenzie line in relation to John Major. Seems very appropriate as throwing buckets of shit over things is what creeps like Bernie and McKenzie so expertly do!
Did someone say throwing stuff? - Danbert Nobacon. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

The energy and positivity and the fun are great. But all that leather give me a break. :meh:

Plus it feels like they are a gang and that was anything but the case when it came to the recording of CtC.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 8:11am
Low Down Low wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Ha, yeah, he should really have patented that ice bucket challenge, but then again i don't suppose he was in it for the money!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 9:45am
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Ha, yeah, he should really have patented that ice bucket challenge, but then again i don't suppose he was in it for the money!
Turning rebellion into mockery.🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 11:24am
Low Down Low wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 9:45am
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
JohnS wrote:

Turning rebellion into mockery.🤣
:lol:

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

matedog wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 11:32am
dave202 wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 11:23am
white man wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 3:40pm
New to me
I went through to Edinburgh for the gig at La Sorbonne and earlier in the day saw them busking outside the HMV store at the entrance to the (now demolished) St. James Centre. After a few songs, the band all chatted with a few of us. For years after, anytime I went into that shop it I could feel a chill in my bones.
Very cool. Any idea where the footage was from? The description says "Gateway Exchange", but Google search wasn't helpful.
Sorry, I don't know. I'm only good for a couple of pubs in Edinburgh and not too good on street names. I should do better because I have been going through since I was a kid. If you're ever there, tell Kirsty on The Oxford that Dave from Dundee asks after her.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

That footage is so good i so enjoyed watching that.

I remember this so well and the Sun newspaper was reporting on there busking tour. One story they told was how the clash was busking outside in the streets in one town and there was The Alarm playing on tour in a local venue and the whole gig emptied so the fans could watch the clash instead. I don't know if that was true but i remember the story and i believed every word as well.
I know that no one knew when the next town was either that they would play at it was kept secret on purpose which i was disappointed about as i would have gone if i had known where they were back in the day as a youngster - i would never do anything like that now.

The sun would report on the mayhem that their busking tour brought in the streets with fans flocking to watch them but that video doesn't suggest that at all.

I saw them before the album came out and they were really good much better than any documentation or youtube clips we get to see or hear about today. So its really nice to see the band here giving a good representation of themselves.

I still remember the horror and the wtf response i had when i heard their album for the first time it was a long awaited album to hear those great songs that i heard live just to be confused and gutted at the final studio cut.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 3:58pm
That footage is so good i so enjoyed watching that.

I remember this so well and the Sun newspaper was reporting on there busking tour. One story they told was how the clash was busking outside in the streets in one town and there was The Alarm playing on tour in a local venue and the whole gig emptied so the fans could watch the clash instead. I don't know if that was true but i remember the story and i believed every word as well.
I know that no one knew when the next town was either that they would play at it was kept secret on purpose which i was disappointed about as i would have gone if i had known where they were back in the day as a youngster - i would never do anything like that now.

The sun would report on the mayhem that their busking tour brought in the streets with fans flocking to watch them but that video doesn't suggest that at all.

I saw them before the album came out and they were really good much better than any documentation or youtube clips we get to see or hear about today. So its really nice to see the band here giving a good representation of themselves.

I still remember the horror and the wtf response i had when i heard their album for the first time it was a long awaited album to hear those great songs that i heard live just to be confused and gutted at the final studio cut.
Yeah join the club. I saw them in Brixton and while without Mick they didn't sound as good they did have a few new tracks that showed promise ...then that album.

Re: The Alarm Joe said something like they were "a shadow of the former Clash".

But years later he admitted he was wrong and told Mike Peters just how great he thought they were and whenever he heard The Alarm on the radio he was surprised a what great songs they had.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia