Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 59114
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Post by Marky Dread »

So after all these years the truth about the Sex Pistols split has finally been revealed. Was it Malcolm's manipulations? ...nope. was it Sid's wild antics and drug use? ...nope. Was it Cook and Jones's womanising behaviour? ...nope. Was John's ego getting out of control? ...nope.

It was that the band were afraid of Olaf and his raccoon army. Here is the proof.
Attachments
Pistols Germany '78.jpg
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty


We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 38374
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Post by Heston »

This is fantastic, cheers Marky.

Johnny sounds amazing in the soundcheck.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 116752
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Straight Banana, Idaho

Re: Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 2:14pm
So after all these years the truth about the Sex Pistols split has finally been revealed. Was it Malcolm's manipulations? ...nope. was it Sid's wild antics and drug use? ...nope. Was it Cook and Jones's womanising behaviour? ...nope. Was John's ego getting out of control? ...nope.

It was that the band were afraid of Olaf and his raccoon army. Here is the proof.
Image
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JohnS
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1260
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 6:18pm

Re: Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Post by JohnS »

Heston wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 7:28pm
This is fantastic, cheers Marky.

Johnny sounds amazing in the soundcheck.
That soundcheck is brilliant - I remember when it first surfaced, on blogs and then youtube, but this is the first time I've listened to it properly, in its entirety (and in such superb quality) since then. A real fly on the wall glimpse into the band's mindset by this stage of the tour (and their career)
Johnny seems surprisingly professional and conscientious about getting the sound right, at least before he loses patience and resorts to his petulant persona; even in soundcheck mode his voice and vocalising is totally unique - all those weird 'whistles' and stuff and the way he (very co-operatively) does the 'hello..o..o..o.' - No-one else sounds like him.
And other surprises are how adept Sid's bass playing is at times, when he's doing his random riffs and phrases from other tunes - far better than he shows in any live performances I've heard - plus Steve Jones's equally surprising guitar licks when he's also messing about - some trad bluesy riffs here and there.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 59114
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 7:28pm
This is fantastic, cheers Marky.

Johnny sounds amazing in the soundcheck.
Cheers mate. He does sound good but boy all those "ello's" would've driven me mad. Poor Boogie (John Tiberi) doing the sound.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty


We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 59114
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 7:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 2:14pm
So after all these years the truth about the Sex Pistols split has finally been revealed. Was it Malcolm's manipulations? ...nope. was it Sid's wild antics and drug use? ...nope. Was it Cook and Jones's womanising behaviour? ...nope. Was John's ego getting out of control? ...nope.

It was that the band were afraid of Olaf and his raccoon army. Here is the proof.
Image
:mrgreen:
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty


We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 59114
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 10:35pm
Heston wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 7:28pm
This is fantastic, cheers Marky.

Johnny sounds amazing in the soundcheck.
That soundcheck is brilliant - I remember when it first surfaced, on blogs and then youtube, but this is the first time I've listened to it properly, in its entirety (and in such superb quality) since then. A real fly on the wall glimpse into the band's mindset by this stage of the tour (and their career)
Johnny seems surprisingly professional and conscientious about getting the sound right, at least before he loses patience and resorts to his petulant persona; even in soundcheck mode his voice and vocalising is totally unique - all those weird 'whistles' and stuff and the way he (very co-operatively) does the 'hello..o..o..o.' - No-one else sounds like him.
And other surprises are how adept Sid's bass playing is at times, when he's doing his random riffs and phrases from other tunes - far better than he shows in any live performances I've heard - plus Steve Jones's equally surprising guitar licks when he's also messing about - some trad bluesy riffs here and there.
I think what John had was incredible diction. This helped keep songs together even when the playing was going out of tune.

Those whistle sounds is John sucking his lips backwards. Dave Goodman used to call them Dolphin sounds.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty


We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 17443
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Post by Kory »

JohnS wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 10:35pm
Heston wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 7:28pm
This is fantastic, cheers Marky.

Johnny sounds amazing in the soundcheck.
That soundcheck is brilliant - I remember when it first surfaced, on blogs and then youtube, but this is the first time I've listened to it properly, in its entirety (and in such superb quality) since then. A real fly on the wall glimpse into the band's mindset by this stage of the tour (and their career)
Johnny seems surprisingly professional and conscientious about getting the sound right, at least before he loses patience and resorts to his petulant persona; even in soundcheck mode his voice and vocalising is totally unique - all those weird 'whistles' and stuff and the way he (very co-operatively) does the 'hello..o..o..o.' - No-one else sounds like him.
And other surprises are how adept Sid's bass playing is at times, when he's doing his random riffs and phrases from other tunes - far better than he shows in any live performances I've heard - plus Steve Jones's equally surprising guitar licks when he's also messing about - some trad bluesy riffs here and there.
I wasn't super interested in this show, but this review just sold me.

Thanks Marky! Looking forward to it!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 59114
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 3:58pm
JohnS wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 10:35pm
Heston wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 7:28pm
This is fantastic, cheers Marky.

Johnny sounds amazing in the soundcheck.
That soundcheck is brilliant - I remember when it first surfaced, on blogs and then youtube, but this is the first time I've listened to it properly, in its entirety (and in such superb quality) since then. A real fly on the wall glimpse into the band's mindset by this stage of the tour (and their career)
Johnny seems surprisingly professional and conscientious about getting the sound right, at least before he loses patience and resorts to his petulant persona; even in soundcheck mode his voice and vocalising is totally unique - all those weird 'whistles' and stuff and the way he (very co-operatively) does the 'hello..o..o..o.' - No-one else sounds like him.
And other surprises are how adept Sid's bass playing is at times, when he's doing his random riffs and phrases from other tunes - far better than he shows in any live performances I've heard - plus Steve Jones's equally surprising guitar licks when he's also messing about - some trad bluesy riffs here and there.
I wasn't super interested in this show, but this review just sold me.

Thanks Marky! Looking forward to it!
Cheers mate.👍
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty


We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat1962
Corner Soul
Posts: 1
Joined: 13 Apr 2024, 6:20pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Post by Rat1962 »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 4:21pm
Kory wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 3:58pm
JohnS wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 10:35pm
Heston wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 7:28pm
This is fantastic, cheers Marky.

Johnny sounds amazing in the soundcheck.
That soundcheck is brilliant - I remember when it first surfaced, on blogs and then youtube, but this is the first time I've listened to it properly, in its entirety (and in such superb quality) since then. A real fly on the wall glimpse into the band's mindset by this stage of the tour (and their career)
Johnny seems surprisingly professional and conscientious about getting the sound right, at least before he loses patience and resorts to his petulant persona; even in soundcheck mode his voice and vocalising is totally unique - all those weird 'whistles' and stuff and the way he (very co-operatively) does the 'hello..o..o..o.' - No-one else sounds like him.
And other surprises are how adept Sid's bass playing is at times, when he's doing his random riffs and phrases from other tunes - far better than he shows in any live performances I've heard - plus Steve Jones's equally surprising guitar licks when he's also messing about - some trad bluesy riffs here and there.
I wasn't super interested in this show, but this review just sold me.

Thanks Marky! Looking forward to it!
Cheers mate.👍
Hi Marky,
I'm new to this board, but I'm very much interested in your Sex Pistols remasters.
I'm a big fan from the Netherlands since 1977 and collect Pistols audio and video since.

From a friend I got your version of the Zebra Club show weeks ago, and I loved the great artwork you made for it (much better than the original)
Is there a way to get the other ones you made somehow ?

Thanx in advance ;-)

Post Reply