Rat Patrol From Hell W10

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Rat Patrol From Hell W10

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:Holy fuck, Marky has met his pun match.
Don't be silly Good Timing is everything. ;)

Plus Low Down Low had a Teenage Love Affair with Showaddywaddy.

This is a side project from Showaddywaddy. Who the fuck thought up the name Burglar's Dog?

[youtube][/youtube]

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

Marky Dread wrote:Who the fuck thought up the name Burglar's Dog?
A burglar who hates cats & heights? :shifty:
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I am frankly stunned at how large an output Showaddywaddy actually had. I've probably heard two, maybe three of their songs on 70s glam/bubblegum compilations. They were a really huge cultural force over there, huh?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:

This is a side project from Showaddywaddy. Who the fuck thought up the name Burglar's Dog?

[youtube][/youtube]
Probably the same guy who thought it would be a good idea to wear leather caps!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:They were a really huge cultural force over there, huh?
That would be pushing it a bit. They were just a hit machine.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:They were a really huge cultural force over there, huh?
That would be pushing it a bit. They were just a hit machine.
But they also had those cards in the bubblegum packet that change picture when you tilt them.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:I am frankly stunned at how large an output Showaddywaddy actually had. I've probably heard two, maybe three of their songs on 70s glam/bubblegum compilations. They were a really huge cultural force over there, huh?
Yep as Heston says not a cultural force. Just another 70's pop group who covered old rock 'n' roll songs. I don't consider them to be anymore culturally significant than The Osmonds or David Cassidy.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

biopunk wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Who the fuck thought up the name Burglar's Dog?
A burglar who hates cats & heights? :shifty:
That had to be one quiet dog.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
Wolter wrote:I am frankly stunned at how large an output Showaddywaddy actually had. I've probably heard two, maybe three of their songs on 70s glam/bubblegum compilations. They were a really huge cultural force over there, huh?
Yep as Heston says not a cultural force. Just another 70's pop group who covered old rock 'n' roll songs. I don't consider them to be anymore culturally significant than The Osmonds or David Cassidy.
I would disagree slightly. Not because I was literally a paid-up member of their fan club, but because bands like Showaddywaddy and Darts were, in part at least, the forerunners of the boy band epidemic that was starting to emerge in the late 80s. I don't mean that those guys didn't have a bit of talent, Darts in particular were pretty decent at what they did, but the formula for producing hits was transferable and Stock and his buddies along with Louis Walsh just took it to another level. Walsh actually professes to be a huge Showaddywaddy fan and acknowledges the debt.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote: Cos its got what it takes!!
I remember then.
Well I'm going to savour it cos it is literally the kind of thing that happens only once in a Bloe Moon.
I think I saw you standing alone. That was you shouting "Hey Rock and Roll" at the Rock 'n' Roll Lady wasn't it.

Yes I was that man. Would you like to shake my hand? Because I think - and correct me if I'm wrong - I made your baby fall in love with you.
No, I thought she had Pretty Little Angel Eyes but When I got close up she was a bit smelly I think she could've done with A Little Bit of Soap.[/quote]

When I heard the bomp-da-bomp-da-bomp I knew straight away that was your Footsteps running away. So I told her she better go jump into the bath and have a dip-da-dip-da-dip-dip.[/quote]

Why Do Lovers Break Each Other's Heart?

So LDL will you be buying this? http://www.showaddywaddy.net/
Image[/quote]

Well as you are doubtless aware, there are three steps to Heaven. Just call them steps one, two and three.

Step one: ogle Showaddywaddy singles collection until eyes are nearly popping out of their sockets and screaming "Must have"
Step two: Sell entire Clash record collection including autographed Joe cds and posters.
Step three: Pre-order asap to make sure of acquiring signed Dave Bartram certificate.

Yep, that sure seems like heaven to me :cool:

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
Fuck me, they just look like a camp version of Judas Priest. And never realised how hardcore Teddy Boys Showaddywaddy were back in the mid-70s, think they dont look all that terribly uncool to be honest.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I know I'm IMCT's resident metalhead, but isn't a camp version of Judas Priest just...Judas Priest?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:I know I'm IMCT's resident metalhead, but isn't a camp version of Judas Priest just...Judas Priest?
I was thinking Rob Hlaford is still Rob Halford.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I would disagree slightly. Not because I was literally a paid-up member of their fan club, but because bands like Showaddywaddy and Darts were, in part at least, the forerunners of the boy band epidemic that was starting to emerge in the late 80s. I don't mean that those guys didn't have a bit of talent, Darts in particular were pretty decent at what they did, but the formula for producing hits was transferable and Stock and his buddies along with Louis Walsh just took it to another level. Walsh actually professes to be a huge Showaddywaddy fan and acknowledges the debt.
Well I think they had very stiff competition. The first Showaddywaddy hit was in '74 but don't forget the Bay City Rollers were having hits in '71 and they really were experiencing a Beatles like mania. So to me they were far more of a cultural force. Both groups had huge hits coveirng old 50's rock 'n' roll hits. I think the Rollers had a much greater teen appeal more in line with the boy bands you mentioned.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia