Rat Patrol From Hell W10

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: Rat Patrol From Hell W10

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote: Maybe you have a good point with judging the album on it's opening track. It sure would've been brave to open the album with a slow burning brooding 7 min epic. However that's where the albums only flaw lays for me in the fact that it's very serious one minute and then hey it's party time. Although SISOSIG really has a serious side on a personal level.

I think KYR rights works better as an opener with Car Jamming following than STH followed by KYR and then yet another single track RtC following that. Looking at the proposed 4 sides of vinyl this leaves Side D looking week in fact I would replace Side D with Side B and have Sean Flyn as the albums closer.

I would've gone with 16 tracks and this would've been my favored track list.

Side A :
1. Know Your Rights
2. Car Jamming
3. Atom Tan
4. Red Angel Dragnet

Side B :
1. Should I Stay Or Should I Go?
2. Idle in Kangaroo Court
3. Overpowered By Funk
4. First Night Back in London

Side C :
1. Rock the Casbah
2. Cool Confusion (7'' remix)
3. The Beautiful People Are Ugly Too
4. Death is a Star

Side D :
1. Straight to Hell
2. Ghetto Defendant
3. Inoculated City
4. Sean Flynn
I really like that, only I would have StH much more forward, end of Side A and maybe move Atom Tan to D.
I only have it that way because I feel StH and SF are linked and I like the close proximity. But hey it's all good. ;)
Absolutely and I also agree KYR is by far the most plausible opener. Not the best song by any means, but it's got that solid chopped chord intro which lends it nice dramatic effect and is more in line with previous album openers than most of the other tracks.
That's kinda my feeling towards KYR also. It's sets out a statement of intent that rockabilly beat and that "This is a public service announcement With guitar" opening line telling you right from the off you have no real rights.
Hello,

Know Your Rights is a great opener. It's second only behind Safe European Home. The intensity and straight-forwardness works well - but hard to beat that cymbal crash! Given the production, it fits the rest of the album. The rockabilly sound was of the era but timeless nonetheless.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

4th behind SEH, no?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Cheers for the feedback mate and always welcome. Of course the dream will always be for a Sony deluxe set reissue with loads of Mick input. I'm also crossing my fingers for a No. 10, Upping St. reissue soon.
Marky, is there any way you can send me a copy -- either the old-fashioned way, or a different upload site (like Mediafire, or Sendspace)? I'm not able to open RAR stuff, so I'd hate to miss out hearing what you've done with it. Let me know!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:4th behind SEH, no?
5th behind everything except Dictator.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Chairman Ralph wrote:
Cheers for the feedback mate and always welcome. Of course the dream will always be for a Sony deluxe set reissue with loads of Mick input. I'm also crossing my fingers for a No. 10, Upping St. reissue soon.
Marky, is there any way you can send me a copy -- either the old-fashioned way, or a different upload site (like Mediafire, or Sendspace)? I'm not able to open RAR stuff, so I'd hate to miss out hearing what you've done with it. Let me know!
Last edited by Marky Dread on 30 Nov 2015, 7:28am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:4th behind SEH, no?
5th behind everything except Dictator.
Wolston.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Hi, Marky, thanks for your response...it's still an RAR file -- for which I lack the key to say "open sesame." I had a trial version of that on my desktop for awhile, but had to get rid of it...so I need a different alternative, if you can do it. If not, then not. Let me know!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Chairman Ralph wrote:Hi, Marky, thanks for your response...it's still an RAR file -- for which I lack the key to say "open sesame." I had a trial version of that on my desktop for awhile, but had to get rid of it...so I need a different alternative, if you can do it. If not, then not. Let me know!
Ahh OK CR. I only opened a Sendspace account this morning to upload as per your request mate. Should I have used the email link? I'm happy to try again no problem just let me know how I can make it easier for you.

Can you not download a free RAR opener? I've never paid for mine, maybe someone here with a bit more suss about these things could help. Ratty is really cool with this stuff I'm sure he could advise you best.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Ahh OK CR. I only opened a Sendspace account this morning to upload as per your request mate. Should I have used the email link? I'm happy to try again no problem just let me know how I can make it easier for you.

Can you not download a free RAR opener? I've never paid for mine, maybe someone here with a bit more suss about these things could help. Ratty is really cool with this stuff I'm sure he could advise you best.
Hey, Marky, not a problem -- I should have myself a bit clearer, but guess I didn't. It might be easier to send the actual discs to my postbox -- though let me look and see if I can find an RAR opener first. If anybody can point me in a direction, that would be appreciated, too.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Chairman Ralph wrote:

Hey, Marky, not a problem -- I should have myself a bit clearer, but guess I didn't. It might be easier to send the actual discs to my postbox -- though let me look and see if I can find an RAR opener first. If anybody can point me in a direction, that would be appreciated, too.[/qu
Last edited by Marky Dread on 30 Nov 2015, 7:28am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I'm sure there are a few programs out there, I use WinRar which is free and, if a technical nincompoop like me has no problems with it, then I think it's safe to say it's easy to use as well.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:I'm sure there are a few programs out there, I use WinRar which is free and, if a technical nincompoop like me has no problems with it, then I think it's safe to say it's easy to use as well.
Yeah that's what I use and always have. Why couldn't I remember the name. :disshame:

My head is full of cool confusion.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:I'm sure there are a few programs out there, I use WinRar which is free and, if a technical nincompoop like me has no problems with it, then I think it's safe to say it's easy to use as well.
Yeah that's what I use and always have. Why couldn't I remember the name. :disshame:

My head is full of cool confusion.
:mrgreen:

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Thanks, Marky! That IS the one I had on my desktop...so we'll give that a whirl.