Rat Patrol From Hell W10

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
marxwallace
Corner Soul

Re: Rat Patrol From Hell W10

Post by marxwallace »

This is a great mix, love it. Thanks so much.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

F-Punk '79 wrote:I love record store day. Joe would have loved record store day. I was fortunate enough to purchase the 101ers re-visited LP back in April as part of RSD 2015. The MC5 seem to always participate with a release of some sort each year. The Black Market Clash 10" practically spawned the idea for record store day way before it was a thing. I wish Mick would do something (anything) to support this event annually with a 7", 10" or 12" or even double 12" (wink wink). Specifically stuff from Rat Patrol or unreleased dub versions from S! Its not as if his dance card is terribly full these days. So c'mon man set your alarm, get behind the mixing desk & let's go. If he needs an idea of where to begin, I'd suggest a 7" with Inoculated City (the full Rat Patrol version) b/w Red Angel Dragnet (Ranking Roger version)
Dang, I didn't know that about BMC/the RSD connexion. I was just watching a comedic podcast, one that belong's to one Tom Green, and a Bow Wow Wow cassingle[?] was brought out and it was then mentioned that the punk rock movement and, namely, M. McLaren, helped inspire the bootleg cassette taping of vinyl records. So much influence that came from that musical era..

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

marxwallace wrote:This is a great mix, love it. Thanks so much.
:approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Chuck Mangione wrote:
F-Punk '79 wrote:I love record store day. Joe would have loved record store day. I was fortunate enough to purchase the 101ers re-visited LP back in April as part of RSD 2015. The MC5 seem to always participate with a release of some sort each year. The Black Market Clash 10" practically spawned the idea for record store day way before it was a thing. I wish Mick would do something (anything) to support this event annually with a 7", 10" or 12" or even double 12" (wink wink). Specifically stuff from Rat Patrol or unreleased dub versions from S! Its not as if his dance card is terribly full these days. So c'mon man set your alarm, get behind the mixing desk & let's go. If he needs an idea of where to begin, I'd suggest a 7" with Inoculated City (the full Rat Patrol version) b/w Red Angel Dragnet (Ranking Roger version)
Dang, I didn't know that about BMC/the RSD connexion. I was just watching a comedic podcast, one that belong's to one Tom Green, and a Bow Wow Wow cassingle[?] was brought out and it was then mentioned that the punk rock movement and, namely, M. McLaren, helped inspire the bootleg cassette taping of vinyl records. So much influence that came from that musical era..
Malcolm may have played record company games with his pet cassette idea. However while he was advocating home taping because of all the "home taping is illegal" messages appearing on the back of vinyl in the 80's. he certainly didn't inspire anyone to do what they had already been doing since year dot. The rise of the cheap cassette recorder and easily affordable cassette blanks were the culprits of a greedy industry. If you don't want people to be able to home tape then don't sell them the ammunition.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

The idea behind record store day is fine but it only really serves the need of greedy fuckers who wish to buy up the stock and sell for inflated prices on Ebay and such like.

How did the Black Market Clash 10" spawn the idea for record store day?

As to Mick he is always busy involved with a ton of stuff producing others stuff and playing etc.

The Clash have released a couple of RSD things in the past.

Personally I would love to see a full Rat Patrol release.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

Marky Dread wrote:
The idea behind record store day is fine but it only really serves the need of greedy fuckers who wish to buy up the stock and sell for inflated prices on Ebay and such like.

As to Mick he is always busy involved with a ton of stuff producing others stuff and playing etc.

Personally, re-releasing the Sandinista! and Combat Rock era junk are a good way to kill off RSD, and I don't want that. :naughty:
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

biopunk wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Personally, re-releasing the Sandinista! and Combat Rock era junk are a good way to kill off RSD, and I don't want that. :naughty:
Thankfully not everybody subscribes to this point of view. You got your Oi! music to keep you happy so why would it bother you about S! and CR reissues. No one is forcing you to buy or listen so stop being a grouchy old git!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

Marky Dread wrote:
biopunk wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Thankfully not everybody subscribes to this point of view. You got your Oi! music to keep you happy so why would it bother you about S! and CR reissues. No one is forcing you to buy or listen so stop being a grouchy old git!
I'm a grouchy old git because I'm sick of people, who live in or near big cities, or towns with actual independent record stores, telling me that selling these collectable RSD pressings on e-bay at inflated prices is a bad thing. Check yer privilege mate.

(I'm also more of a grouchy old git today than usual because can't connect with the iTunes store to even peruse music, let alone buy it! :angry: )
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

biopunk wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
biopunk wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I'm a grouchy old git because I'm sick of people, who live in or near big cities, or towns with actual independent record stores, telling me that selling these collectable RSD pressings on e-bay at inflated prices is a bad thing. Check yer privilege mate.

(I'm also more of a grouchy old git today than usual because can't connect with the iTunes store to even peruse music, let alone buy it! :angry: )
I can't be blamed for where you chose to live now can I. I do not feel privileged to live near a HMV and I haven't been in my local independent record store for around 10 years even though the owner is a friend of mine. I buy mostly privately or online. I can't remember the last time I went to a record fair, if I'm traveling around London I make an effort to visit a few old haunts and buy some vinyl but that's it. So just like you I have buy at inflated prices from Ebay or whoever. I think that you should only be allowed one copy of a particular RSD collectable. I know that plenty of people who work in store have taken care of themselves nicely when RSD comes around. That is not what it's about to line someone's pocket that is not in the spirit of the idea behind RSD.

Yes I do think it's a bad thing that they sell at inflated prices and I've only bought mine long after all the fuss has died down and some greedy fucker has realized he can't get rid of all the stock he has. I don't want to have to pay over the odds for something and I don't want you to have to either. I understand you are saying that may be your only avenue but buying is your choice and yours to say to yourself "is it worth it?".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Marky Dread wrote: How did the Black Market Clash 10" spawn the idea for record store day?
Well it was a record and it was sold in stores. Use your head!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Marky Dread wrote: How did the Black Market Clash 10" spawn the idea for record store day?
Well it was a record and it was sold in stores. Use your head!
And you could buy it on any day. Yeah silly me. :rolleyes: ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

F-Punk '79
Corner Soul

Post by F-Punk '79 »

Didn't know posters here had daddy issues. Also didn't know about the Mag 7 disc - nice pic! Despite the super clever commentary, I'm still thinking that there are enough CD/RP era oddities laying around to put out a sideways little disc every once in a while, since a full on major release of RP probably isn't ever gonna happen - like they did years ago with BMC (which was sold in record stores). Somebody said something about greedy bastards - so are we pretending sound system never happened? My copy is still on layaway - just five more payments to go!! I don't know or care what Mick does with his time - but I do know what its like to be a clash fan 36-years & counting

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

F-Punk '79 wrote:Didn't know posters here had daddy issues. Also didn't know about the Mag 7 disc - nice pic! Despite the super clever commentary, I'm still thinking that there are enough CD/RP era oddities laying around to put out a sideways little disc every once in a while, since a full on major release of RP probably isn't ever gonna happen - like they did years ago with BMC (which was sold in record stores). Somebody said something about greedy bastards - so are we pretending sound system never happened? My copy is still on layaway - just five more payments to go!! I don't know or care what Mick does with his time - but I do know what its like to be a clash fan 36-years & counting
Firstly don't take things so seriously mate a sense of humor and being able to take the piss is all par for the course 'round here. I'm 50 years old and I bought White Riot on it's day of release so I've been a long time fan but then again so what if I only heard about them yesterday it's not important.

I still don't know or see how the Black Market Clash 10'' "practically spawned the idea of RSD" can you elaborate further please.

"Daddy issues" what the fuck is that?

The issue of "greedy bastards" is not one of the group selling stuff via Sony but of others selling stuff at a higher price than it's current retail value. I happily bought the Sound System box even though like most it contained very little of what I didn't already own. If you knew that Sony had only made 100 copies of Sound System (think I bought mine on release for around £85.00 here) but then someone had bought say 75 of them then sold them for twice the price on eBay and that was now your only means of getting a copy you would feel a little less like buying a copy and somewhat cheated. As to what price they originally sell for is down to one's pocket for affordability and of course being fans to feeling that we have to have it 'though no one is twisting your arm.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
F-Punk '79 wrote:Didn't know posters here had daddy issues. Also didn't know about the Mag 7 disc - nice pic! Despite the super clever commentary, I'm still thinking that there are enough CD/RP era oddities laying around to put out a sideways little disc every once in a while, since a full on major release of RP probably isn't ever gonna happen - like they did years ago with BMC (which was sold in record stores). Somebody said something about greedy bastards - so are we pretending sound system never happened? My copy is still on layaway - just five more payments to go!! I don't know or care what Mick does with his time - but I do know what its like to be a clash fan 36-years & counting
Firstly don't take things so seriously mate a sense of humor and being able to take the piss is all par for the course 'round here. I'm 50 years old and I bought White Riot on it's day of release so I've been a long time fan but then again so what if I only heard about them yesterday it's not important.

I still don't know or see how the Black Market Clash 10'' "practically spawned the idea of RSD" can you elaborate further please.

The issue of "greedy bastards" is not one of the group selling stuff via Sony but of others selling stuff at a higher price than it's current retail value. I happily bought the Sound System box even though like most it contained very little of what I didn't already own. If you knew that Sony had only made 100 copies of Sound System (think I bought mine on release for around £85.00 here) but then someone had bought say 75 of them then sold them for twice the price on eBay and that was now your only means of getting a copy you would feel a little less like buying a copy and somewhat cheated. As to what price they originally sell for is down to one's pocket for affordability and of course being fans to feeling that we have to have it 'though no one is twisting your arm.
Wowza. At 12 years old. I'm impressed. I was fifteen and purchase it till late 77.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

white man wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Wowza. At 12 years old. I'm impressed. I was fifteen and purchase it till late 77.
I was eight and might have considered purchasing it if I'd been aware of its existence, but anyway I think Showaddywaddy were in the charts with Remember Then at the time and I'd blown all my pocket money on that.