new complete February 25, 1982, Hong Kong

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

new complete February 25, 1982, Hong Kong

Post by muppet hi fi »

Our latest member, poet351, is a mate of mine from Melbourne, and taped the full broadcast of this gig in '82.

London Calling
Washington Bullets
Tommy Gun
Guns Of Brixton
Train in Vain
Know Your Rights
Magnificent 7
Ivan Meets Gi Joe
Wrong Em Boyo
Koka Kola
Broadway
I Fought The Law
Career Opportunities
Janie Jones
Call Up
Brand New Cadilac
Someone Got Murderd
Clampdown
Charlie Dont Surf
Police And Thieves
Stay Free
Armagideon Time
Safe European Home

Not on the circulating boot are the final nine songs:

Complete Control
Jimmy Jazz
Janie Jones
English Civil War
Police on My back
Garageland
Clash City Rockers
This Is Radio Clash
Londons Burning

He wants someone to do the digital transfer from cassette, and I told him about Marky's magic touch (possible remix/remaster too?), so hopefully the lads can get it together and bring out a complete FM broadcast show to share with the world.

Dread at the controls, Dread at the controls. Come in Marky, come in Marky... :cool:
Last edited by muppet hi fi on 28 Apr 2017, 9:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

poet351
Corner Soul

Re: new complete February 25, 1983, Hong Kong

Post by poet351 »

It's 1982, not 1983, you muppet!

poet351
Corner Soul

Post by poet351 »

Setlist also has "White Man in Hammersmith Palais" after "Ivan Meets G.I. Joe".

And the final nine songs not on the circulating boot are:

Jimmy Jazz
Complete Control
English Civil War
Police on My back
Garageland
Clash City Rockers
Spanish Bombs
I'm So Bored with the U.S.A.
Bankrobber

Also included is a Clash interview which I think was recorded backstage after the concert (I can't remember as I haven't played the tape in years as I don't have a working cassette player anymore).

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

This is exciting news. Hopefully an upgrade.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

poet351 wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 9:07pm
It's 1982, not 1983, you muppet!
I, erm, stand corrected. ;)

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

poet351 wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 9:11pm
Setlist also has "White Man in Hammersmith Palais" after "Ivan Meets G.I. Joe".

And the final nine songs not on the circulating boot are:

Jimmy Jazz
Complete Control
English Civil War
Police on My back
Garageland
Clash City Rockers
Spanish Bombs
I'm So Bored with the U.S.A.
Bankrobber

Also included is a Clash interview which I think was recorded backstage after the concert (I can't remember as I haven't played the tape in years as I don't have a working cassette player anymore).
Huh, I got my info from BlackMarketClash. They're usually very reliable, but I'd guess you know cuz you got the full show, ya bastid! :mrgreen:

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Re: new complete February 25, 1982, Hong Kong

Post by appleseed1 »

Woah! This is exciting news. I can't wait to hear this. Very cool.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Oh, this is great news! The Rat Patrol tour has been my favorite tour of the band for awhile now so its great to here theres some more from this. Especially from a gig that I really like. I'm hoping that Washington Bullets, Tommy Gun, and White Man are complete on this, would be nice to hear those in full. Either way, glad to hear theres still this stuff out there, hopefully someone can come up with some recordings from the Sydney residency. Hope to hear this soon!

poet351
Corner Soul

Post by poet351 »

River wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 11:21pm
Oh, this is great news! The Rat Patrol tour has been my favorite tour of the band for awhile now so its great to here theres some more from this. Especially from a gig that I really like. I'm hoping that Washington Bullets, Tommy Gun, and White Man are complete on this, would be nice to hear those in full. Either way, glad to hear theres still this stuff out there, hopefully someone can come up with some recordings from the Sydney residency. Hope to hear this soon!
Unfortunately, those three songs aren't complete. I taped it straight off Commercial Radio Hong Kong and the reason they are incomplete/edited in the circulating bootleg was that the damn dj talked over the songs (this is on my tape, but has been edited out on the bootleg) and/or they went to a commercial break. The dj/commercials happened early on in the broadcast, so most of the show is uninterrupted after that. I'm sure there are better Clash shows than this one, but this one is my favourite, purely because it's the one I've played the most.

I've had the tapes for 35 years, and my cassette player broke down years ago, so I've long wanted to digitise it, but without the equipment or knowledge of how to do it, I'm hoping someone here can do it for me, and then share it to anyone else who wants a copy.

poet351
Corner Soul

Post by poet351 »

To familiarise myself with this board, I read the Lewisham Odeon 80 Tapes thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7078&hilit=lewisham#p244677. Unfortunately, things didn't go so well there! But I can assure you this is the real deal. I actually do have the tapes and I don't want anything for them except for someone to digitise them and then make them available for everyone else.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

poet351 wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 11:28pm
River wrote:
Unfortunately, those three songs aren't complete. I taped it straight off Commercial Radio Hong Kong and the reason they are incomplete/edited in the circulating bootleg was that the damn dj talked over the songs (this is on my tape, but has been edited out on the bootleg) and/or they went to a commercial break. The dj/commercials happened early on in the broadcast, so most of the show is uninterrupted after that. I'm sure there are better Clash shows than this one, but this one is my favourite, purely because it's the one I've played the most.

I've had the tapes for 35 years, and my cassette player broke down years ago, so I've long wanted to digitise it, but without the equipment or knowledge of how to do it, I'm hoping someone here can do it for me, and then share it to anyone else who wants a copy.
Ah, shame to hear that its the DJ talking over. That always seems to happen. And, I must agree with you on this being your favorite show. Its not my favorite per se, but its definitely up there. Like I said, this tour is my favorite. I love it because of the set lengths (33 songs with this one), the arrangements they were doing for the songs, and just how tight the band is. I'm glad that this show is getting some more love.

poet351
Corner Soul

Post by poet351 »

River wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 11:59pm
poet351 wrote:
River wrote:

Ah, shame to hear that its the DJ talking over. That always seems to happen. And, I must agree with you on this being your favorite show. Its not my favorite per se, but its definitely up there. Like I said, this tour is my favorite. I love it because of the set lengths (33 songs with this one), the arrangements they were doing for the songs, and just how tight the band is. I'm glad that this show is getting some more love.
What are your other favourite shows?

And the HK show has 34 songs, not 33!

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

poet351 wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 12:02am
River wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 11:59pm
poet351 wrote:
River wrote:

What are your other favourite shows?

And the HK show has 34 songs, not 33!
Oh, whoops, my bad!

And my other favorite shows are a few from this tour, one of them being a few days prior when they played in Melbourne. (Still really hoping someone has something from Sydney haha.) Theres a few great shows in Japan, the first Osaka show being really good. Then theres the 2 shows in Boston later on in 82 with Terry on the drums.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

OK, unfortunately, Marky doesn't have the time to commit just now; Matey, Hes, Sonnyburnit? Anyone?

The idea, I think, is just to get it transferred to digital and get it on the Mega List, initially - by someone with not only a deep appreciation of the band but the skill and gear (read poet351's descriptions of the tape up-thread). Then, later, if anyone wants to have a crack at a remix/remaster, it's all yours.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

muppet hi fi wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 2:31am
OK, unfortunately, Marky doesn't have the time to commit just now; Matey, Hes, Sonnyburnit? Anyone?

The idea, I think, is just to get it transferred to digital and get it on the Mega List, initially - by someone with not only a deep appreciation of the band but the skill and gear (read poet351's descriptions of the tape up-thread). Then, later, if anyone wants to have a crack at a remix/remaster, it's all yours.
Unfortunately i'm tape machine-less now after my Sony gave up the ghost and started chewing tapes. :scared:
Started reading Combat Ready last week so i'm Ready For This :disshame: