Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 5:07am
In the future, when you have time, I'd like to hear the remaster of Harlesden Coliseum , March 11, 1977, the concert-presentation of the first album. An important historical document. :mrgreen:
Not a very PC show with all the references to the owners.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

As promised here is the "All The Peacemakers" compilation remastered. Made for those of you here who have bought the album over and over. A labour of love with care and respect. Don't post this elsewhere please. Just enjoy.

Thanks to Laxman for help with the upload.
Attachments
The Clash - All The Peacemakers [1] (Booklet).jpg
The Clash - All The Peacemakers [3] (Rear).jpg
Last edited by Marky Dread on 17 Feb 2020, 11:55am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Enjoy!
Last edited by laxman on 19 Jan 2021, 3:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks for this.

blureu
Dirty Punk

Post by blureu »

Thanks!

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Thanks again for all the great work, Meister Dread!
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 2:00pm
Thanks again for all the great work, Meister Dread!
:cool:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm on the road with just an iPad and will snag this when I get home, but an early thank you all the same.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 2:13pm
I'm on the road with just an iPad and will snag this when I get home, but an early thank you all the same.
Cheers. Grab the Buzzcocks remasters in the other thread as well.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 2:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 2:13pm
Cheers. Grab the Buzzcocks remasters in the other thread as well.
Didn't see that! Thanks—will do.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

ic1960
Dirty Punk

Post by ic1960 »

Thanks Marky (and laxman)…...superb stuff as ever!

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Thanks Marky - and laxman. I can't believe it - according to the date of my old file, your original Peacemakers set was from 2015!
I still can't bring myself to delete the old one though, even if for things like the original artwork for CD3.
Talking of that EP, can you remind me where the 2 takes of Tommy Gun from the TV show appeared? Have they both been screened? I know the BBC dusts down lots of its old music archives for retrospective documentaries these days
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 9:46pm
Thanks Marky - and laxman. I can't believe it - according to the date of my old file, your original Peacemakers set was from 2015!
I still can't bring myself to delete the old one though, even if for things like the original artwork for CD3.
Talking of that EP, can you remind me where the 2 takes of Tommy Gun from the TV show appeared? Have they both been screened? I know the BBC dusts down lots of its old music archives for retrospective documentaries these days
Yes the the versions of Tommy Gun have both been aired over the years. Obviously on the original Something Else program and then Sounds of the 70s. It was a few years ago now when I realised that the track I was listening to was a different take to what I had previously heard. I had both versions on a bootleg VHS tape.

The sound on those tracks has been much improved since my 2015 version. Remastered slightly speed adjusted as the old tape ran too fast. The two Heartbreak Hotels are now at the correct speed as far as I'm concerned. Previously thought to be a pitch correction but it was just speed related (wasn't everything back then ;) ). I'm also now convinced that these are the tracks recorded in Germany for the "Grutzi Elvis" soundtrack as you can hear Joe sing about Shalke, Germany in the "terrorist version". So not as thought by some to be 101ers rehearsals.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 6:18am
Yes the the versions of Tommy Gun have both been aired over the years. Obviously on the original Something Else program and then Sounds of the 70s. It was a few years ago now when I realised that the track I was listening to was a different take to what I had previously heard. I had both versions on a bootleg VHS tape.

The sound on those tracks has been much improved since my 2015 version. Remastered slightly speed adjusted as the old tape ran too fast. The two Heartbreak Hotels are now at the correct speed as far as I'm concerned. Previously thought to be a pitch correction but it was just speed related (wasn't everything back then ;) ). I'm also now convinced that these are the tracks recorded in Germany for the "Grutzi Elvis" soundtrack as you can hear Joe sing about Shalke, Germany in the "terrorist version". So not as thought by some to be 101ers rehearsals.
Excellent info Marky, thanks. I know you'd compiled them before but having both those TV takes is, well, something else :mrgreen:
And the speed issue on the Heartbreak Hotel tracks has bugged me for years. So glaringly at the wrong speed with Joe sounding like a chipmunk on helium, I couldn't believe they'd been circulated like that repeatedly on various bootlegs. I have it on an LP (Golden Bullets) and used to slow my turntable down with the pitch control til it sounded more natural - good old Technics technology.
This whole collection sounds fantastic - many thanks.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 6:56am
Marky Dread wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 6:18am

Excellent info Marky, thanks. I know you'd compiled them before but having both those TV takes is, well, something else :mrgreen:
And the speed issue on the Heartbreak Hotel tracks has bugged me for years. So glaringly at the wrong speed with Joe sounding like a chipmunk on helium, I couldn't believe they'd been circulated like that repeatedly on various bootlegs. I have it on an LP (Golden Bullets) and used to slow my turntable down with the pitch control til it sounded more natural - good old Technics technology.
This whole collection sounds fantastic - many thanks.
Cheers John. I also wanted to put Joe further up in the mix on the GEER tracks. Sandy Pearlman apparently disliked Joe's voice so mixed him lower in the mix on the original album. Everything was remixed as best I could and some new info on the artwork etc. I redid the artwork slightly so it wasn't the same as the previous version. Plus I added the Rude Boy dub of White Man and the vocal mix from the stems of SEH to show how great those harmonies are.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia