Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I want to make a general thanks for *everything* you've done and then shared with us over the years. There is no damned way any of us have earned your generosity. So, please, accept my deep gratitude. I can't imagine many other music communities enjoy this kind of effort.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 3:20pm
I want to make a general thanks for *everything* you've done and then shared with us over the years. There is no damned way any of us have earned your generosity. So, please, accept my deep gratitude. I can't imagine many other music communities enjoy this kind of effort.
Excellently put Dr. I would like to second this statement.
Once again thank you Marky.
Joining the Street Parade

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's appreciated mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

deny wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 4:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Cheers mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello Marky,

I just finished running stairs listening to the recent All the Peacemakers. You really mashed the More Better button on this! Thanks so much for your time and effort.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

deny wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 4:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'll go thirdie's on this. I don't think my original Thank You did you justice Marky.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Thanks peoples very much appreciated. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

I can't add anything to what the others have already said, only echo their comments. Thanks Marky.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
22 Feb 2020, 2:53pm
I can't add anything to what the others have already said, only echo their comments. Thanks Marky.
Cheers Dave.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

The varispeed used on Cut the Crap does Joe no favors. He sounds better at the right pitch. The rationale must have been like early Chuck Berry singles in the fifties - to make him sound younger. I wonder what Mickey Foote thought when he heard it.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
02 Mar 2020, 10:07pm
The varispeed used on Cut the Crap does Joe no favors. He sounds better at the right pitch. The rationale must have been like early Chuck Berry singles in the fifties - to make him sound younger. I wonder what Mickey Foote thought when he heard it.
Ha yeah that was my first thought. It also made me wonder if it was a cruel revenge by Bernie. I wonder if Joe even knew. It's never been mentioned in any interviews I've read. I would have thought he wouldn't of been happy when he heard a playback. Perhaps Joe just gave up caring about the album once he got to Spain.

I can't believe I never noticed until just a few days ago. Thinking it was just "This Is England" that was sped up due to being the single. But everything from the whole project has been varispeeded even the B-side tracks.

At the correct speed the album is a better listen. It will never be "The Clash" to me but it exists and does carry at least 3 decent tracks.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 5:05am
Ha yeah that was my first thought. It also made me wonder if it was a cruel revenge by Bernie. I wonder if Joe even knew. It's never been mentioned in any interviews I've read. I would have thought he wouldn't of been happy when he heard a playback. Perhaps Joe just gave up caring about the album once he got to Spain.

I can't believe I never noticed until just a few days ago. Thinking it was just "This Is England" that was sped up due to being the single. But everything from the whole project has been varispeeded even the B-side tracks.

At the correct speed the album is a better listen. It will never be "The Clash" to me but it exists and does carry at least 3 decent tracks.
How much have you been adjusting everything? I brought TIE down a half step to get it to "normal."
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

It kinda made sense on CCR. It was an uptempo rocker. It made sense on Hungry Heart as that was a bit of an homage to that 50's/early 60's youthful sound. But TIE is basically a ballad (in punk form). It was a baffling decision beyond just the general "it's a single" mentality that Marky mentioned below.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 11:56am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 5:05am

How much have you been adjusting everything? I brought TIE down a half step to get it to "normal."
I'll post the whole album plus as soon as possible. But I've slowed the majority from 120 bpm. to 17.5 bpm.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 12:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia