Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by dave202 »

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 2:36pm
dave202 wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 11:42am
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 5:28am
white man wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 5:20am
Thanks for your efforts once again Marky. I'll give it a listen. To be honest, I can't ever remember listening to this album digitally.
I got the vinyl as a xmas present in 85 off the first wife and think I only played it once. I only really know the songs from a few 84/85 boots. Good evening ;)
Good evening to you. :mrgreen:

The whole point of this was to correct Joe's vocals. Can't improve on the songs themselves as they are what they are. Good morning.
I don't like most of the album, and the songs I do think are half decent weren't best served on the release. I have enjoyed listening to this at a speed that now seems correct, I always thought Joe didn't sound right but never realised why. As for most of the songs, I agree that you can't improve on what they are, but you've helped me hear them differently. Oh, and good afternoon Marky.
Cheers Dave. I wish "In the Pouring Rain" and "Jericho"(Ammunition) had made the cut instead of "We Are The Clash" and "Play to Win". Some of the choices of songs from what they had is plain nuts.
I agree on both counts. They are better songs, but what would we have thought if they'd been 'Crapped' up?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 11:47am
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 2:36pm
dave202 wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 11:42am
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 5:28am
white man wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 5:20am
Thanks for your efforts once again Marky. I'll give it a listen. To be honest, I can't ever remember listening to this album digitally.
I got the vinyl as a xmas present in 85 off the first wife and think I only played it once. I only really know the songs from a few 84/85 boots. Good evening ;)
Good evening to you. :mrgreen:

The whole point of this was to correct Joe's vocals. Can't improve on the songs themselves as they are what they are. Good morning.
I don't like most of the album, and the songs I do think are half decent weren't best served on the release. I have enjoyed listening to this at a speed that now seems correct, I always thought Joe didn't sound right but never realised why. As for most of the songs, I agree that you can't improve on what they are, but you've helped me hear them differently. Oh, and good afternoon Marky.
Cheers Dave. I wish "In the Pouring Rain" and "Jericho"(Ammunition) had made the cut instead of "We Are The Clash" and "Play to Win". Some of the choices of songs from what they had is plain nuts.
I agree on both counts. They are better songs, but what would we have thought if they'd been 'Crapped' up?
Ruined like the others I expect so yeah good point mate.

This always occurs to me. Bernie managed the Black Arabs and Mickey Foote produced their track for the Swindle album. Now that track had synth and horns on it. So take those Out of Control demos and mix it with horns and synths and bang you've got Cut the Crap.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Hi Marky, as usual really great work, you have just about fixed everything that can be done without the multitracks.

Is this speed adjusted to your remix? I really enjoy the remix version.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 2:09pm
Hi Marky, as usual really great work, you have just about fixed everything that can be done without the multitracks.

Is this speed adjusted to your remix? I really enjoy the remix version.
Cheers mate. Are you referring to the previous mix of the album I did or a specific track?

The previous mix I did was at the released varispeeded album. Maybe I should slow that down to correct the vocal.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I'm referring to your remix and you new running order that was done a while ago, starts with Are You Ready, I really like that version....You keep giving me reasons to listen to this album! I also never really given it enough thought about the pitch. I think there are some really good songs on this album and the live versions support that.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 2:38pm
I'm referring to your remix and you new running order that was done a while ago, starts with Are You Ready, I really like that version....You keep giving me reasons to listen to this album! I also never really given it enough thought about the pitch. I think there are some really good songs on this album and the live versions support that.
Yeah the Redux edition. That has not been speed adjusted but I think I will now.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gobshyte
Corner Soul

Post by gobshyte »

hi marky,long time no speak.ill be getting these over the next few days looking forward to them.cheers old bean
Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Broadsword calling Danny Boy"

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 3:55pm
coffeepotman wrote:
Yeah the Redux edition. That has not been speed adjusted but I think I will now.
I just saw this and it looks like I’m downloading YET ANOTHER Cut the Crap. Thanks!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gobshyte wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 8:46pm
hi marky,long time no speak.ill be getting these over the next few days looking forward to them.cheers old bean
Hello mate hope you are well. Hope you enjoy them. Cheers.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 12:25am
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 3:55pm
coffeepotman wrote:
I just saw this and it looks like I’m downloading YET ANOTHER Cut the Crap. Thanks!
No household is complete without at least 3 copies of CtC. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 1:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 1:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Thanks for these Marky, into the lab I go...
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Thanks so much Marky, really looking forward to hearing the Manchester Academy one. I was there! I am going to send the link to someone who claims to have a complete recording of the show and video footage, in case it tempts him to hunt it out for sharing.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 11:37am
Thanks so much Marky, really looking forward to hearing the Manchester Academy one. I was there! I am going to send the link to someone who claims to have a complete recording of the show and video footage, in case it tempts him to hunt it out for sharing.
Excellent mate lers hope so. Is that the same ticket you put up the other day? I had already done the artwork for this one.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia