Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 12:34pm
york wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 12:18pm
Another big thank Marky!
Mick's guitar has a continuous clear high volume in this remaster, though different sources. This i like very much, you feel the power of his guitar and the genius of him (my opinion).
Cheers York
Mick was always a risk taker live. You get some inspired moments but a few Les Dawson notes in other places.
I think the spliff bunker was visited without fail prior to taking the stage.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

GotGameGreggy
Dirty Punk

Post by GotGameGreggy »

Thanks so much for the July 30 Brixton Fairdeal remaster, Marky. That is probably my all-time favorite Clash concert. The setlist is great, Joe is fired up, and Mick's guitar playing is top notch. I know Terry Chimes seems to get a lot of criticism on here, but I think he sounds good. He didn't have the finesse or creativity that Topper had, but not many drummers do. I think Terry's drumming is very solid.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

GotGameGreggy wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 3:53pm
Thanks so much for the July 30 Brixton Fairdeal remaster, Marky. That is probably my all-time favorite Clash concert. The setlist is great, Joe is fired up, and Mick's guitar playing is top notch. I know Terry Chimes seems to get a lot of criticism on here, but I think he sounds good. He didn't have the finesse or creativity that Topper had, but not many drummers do. I think Terry's drumming is very solid.
Nice one mate. It's a solid performance and I agree Terry does fine here.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 8:18am
This next one was a request from Topperville.

This is a hybrid of two sources. The first a clean but very sterile sounding soundboard and the second the audience recording.

I have made repairs to three tracks "The Guns of Brixton" which had some distortion and bizarrely contained a section of backwards guitar from who knows where. "Janie Jones" with mangled tape sound and also to "Clampdown". You will notice the different noise print but no less enjoyable.

This is a nice listen with more atmosphere now.

Heston wrote above "I still think it was utter madness opening with "Broadway"".

Well I like the slow build up of "Broadway" then "One More Time" it feels like the power is harnessed and ready to be unleashed.

Anyway this one starts with an old English folk song. ;)

https://mega.nz/file/xF53jbyR#58S1-D-oO ... UoBUACTXVM
Fantastic Marky! Thank you so much!!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

topperville wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 4:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 8:18am
This next one was a request from Topperville.

This is a hybrid of two sources. The first a clean but very sterile sounding soundboard and the second the audience recording.

I have made repairs to three tracks "The Guns of Brixton" which had some distortion and bizarrely contained a section of backwards guitar from who knows where. "Janie Jones" with mangled tape sound and also to "Clampdown". You will notice the different noise print but no less enjoyable.

This is a nice listen with more atmosphere now.

Heston wrote above "I still think it was utter madness opening with "Broadway"".

Well I like the slow build up of "Broadway" then "One More Time" it feels like the power is harnessed and ready to be unleashed.

Anyway this one starts with an old English folk song. ;)

https://mega.nz/file/xF53jbyR#58S1-D-oO ... UoBUACTXVM
Fantastic Marky! Thank you so much!!!
Cheers mate enjoy!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Love the artwork on this one, with the white background, and using Joe’s skinhead look.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 5:11pm
Love the artwork on this one, with the white background, and using Joe’s skinhead look.
Ha! It does look like Joe has a skinhead but it's his Mohawk on the black and white pic. I used them because they are from the actual gig.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Charlie Dont Surf
Long Time Jerk

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Thanks As Always For Your Work Marky.

I blink and two New Remasters appear.
Your workrate is amazing.

Looking Forward to listening to the Brixton Show (one of the many "I was there" shows)

Still working my way through the Bonds Series

Keep Up The Excellent Work :mrgreen:
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin

mcintyrepoet
Dirty Punk

Post by mcintyrepoet »

Re Brixton 30 July 82 remaster - Wow, Thanks, Apologies!
Let me explain I did the transfer from Dave Newson's soundboard tape combining Derek Lewis master audience tape I see back now in 2011 (details I posted at the time here). I had a rare chance to crank up the hifi and compare today with recording I circulated at the time. It is a very significant improvement in sound quality, don't know how you do it but a massive thanks Marky. Also an apology that I've never thanked you previously for all your remasters which I've downloaded but never got round to listening and comparing properly. If I'm honest I've heard in the past "remasters" of boots where they sound worse just a brickwalled sludge and over boosted bass so I never did anything audacity etc wise with the tapes I digitised over the years . BUT in your case I was wrong your "remasters" add not detract from the original analogue recordings almost all coming from old cheap quality cassette tapes.

In the review I wrote for blackmarketclash.co.uk I especially eulogise about this gig, I remember it best of the dozen gigs I saw from 80-84 and I think it was the most memorable. The metal barriers all got bent over I remember as the band started with White Riot causing a surge from the bars to the stage! I remember standing in the Tube at Brixton drenched in sweat, ears ringing and a great big smile on my face!

Please keep up the labour of love Marky it really is much appreciated even if like me we don't always get round to thanking you.

Peter

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 11:41am
Thanks As Always For Your Work Marky.

I blink and two New Remasters appear.
Your workrate is amazing.

Looking Forward to listening to the Brixton Show (one of the many "I was there" shows)

Still working my way through the Bonds Series

Keep Up The Excellent Work :mrgreen:
Thanks CDS enjoy mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

mcintyrepoet wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 12:55pm
Re Brixton 30 July 82 remaster - Wow, Thanks, Apologies!
Let me explain I did the transfer from Dave Newson's soundboard tape combining Derek Lewis master audience tape I see back now in 2011 (details I posted at the time here). I had a rare chance to crank up the hifi and compare today with recording I circulated at the time. It is a very significant improvement in sound quality, don't know how you do it but a massive thanks Marky. Also an apology that I've never thanked you previously for all your remasters which I've downloaded but never got round to listening and comparing properly. If I'm honest I've heard in the past "remasters" of boots where they sound worse just a brickwalled sludge and over boosted bass so I never did anything audacity etc wise with the tapes I digitised over the years . BUT in your case I was wrong your "remasters" add not detract from the original analogue recordings almost all coming from old cheap quality cassette tapes.

In the review I wrote for blackmarketclash.co.uk I especially eulogise about this gig, I remember it best of the dozen gigs I saw from 80-84 and I think it was the most memorable. The metal barriers all got bent over I remember as the band started with White Riot causing a surge from the bars to the stage! I remember standing in the Tube at Brixton drenched in sweat, ears ringing and a great big smile on my face!

Please keep up the labour of love Marky it really is much appreciated even if like me we don't always get round to thanking you.

Peter
Peter, thanks very much for the kind words I appreciate it. This always fuels me to keep doing these. I know exactly what you mean with people just boosting the bass or raising the volume until the thing is brickwalled. I spend a great deal of time and effort on these old recordings and wouldn't dream of uploading something I didn't personally feel was an improvement. Thanks again.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

mcintyrepoet
Dirty Punk

Post by mcintyrepoet »

Thanks again Marky, I took some B&W's on my Zenit SLR (pride of the USSR!) so not great quality at the 30th July 82 Brixton gig, best one below
Attachments
scan0042_Fotor.jpg
scan0042_Fotor.jpg (271.09 KiB) Viewed 1844 times

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

mcintyrepoet wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 2:48pm
Thanks again Marky, I took some B&W's on my Zenit SLR (pride of the USSR!) so not great quality at the 30th July 82 Brixton gig, best one below
Great stuff thanks mate. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Yes, i've got to admit your workrate is astounding mate. What are you like with Painting and Decorating :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 3:33am
Yes, i've got to admit your workrate is astounding mate. What are you like with Painting and Decorating :mrgreen:
Blink and I'll have painted your whole street. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia