Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 6:47pm
Listening now in the lab. I'm finding it hard to believe this is an audience recording unless Marky sprinkled some real magic on it.

Sounds fucking great!
Nice one mate. It's a real good listen.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

A pretty wild SISOSIG!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

Love that Clash City Rockers, maybe the best live version I've heard of it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 8:25am
Janie Jones almost sounds like they perform it at half speed!
Say what you like about Terry but he always did JJ the best. Topper is poor here, starts fast then quickly loses steam.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Joe's guitar playing doesn't get that much credit but he sounds like Nile fucking Rodgers on the middle eight of Clampdown.

Heston

Post by Heston »

What brand is Mick smoking in Stay Free? The "menthol" line is altered.

Edit: Fuck me, that guitar outro of Stay Free is something else. Is that Joe and Mick on duelling lead guitar or is it Mick's effects? Hard to tell.
Last edited by Heston on 01 Nov 2019, 7:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 7:33pm
Joe's guitar playing doesn't get that much credit but he sounds like Nile fucking Rodgers on the middle eight of Clampdown.
Yep you can here Joe's playing nice and clear on this. I love the heavy guitar sound on SISoSIG and KYR.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

laxman wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 8:38pm
white man wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 8:29pm
laxman wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 8:16pm
Marky Dread wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 8:05am
Coming very soon. Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo, Japan 27/01/82. I've remastered/remixed this one and sent it to Laxman as he is kindly going to upload it as soon as he receives it and gets chance to do so. A nod to Chris (xtopher) for kindly giving me the heads up.
https://mega.nz/#!94IxgQoY!eFCbFa0AjyYP ... xo1KnDd4EY

With a massive thank you to Marky Dread, here we are. Please can a downloader confirm that the link works OK? Thanks.
Working mate
Great thanks
Hello,

When I download, I get files that my machine cannot open/can't identify (even though it's an RAR). Can someone assist?

Thanks!

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

Thanks Marky for this new live document and the great cover, thanks also to laxman for his essential contribution. :approve:
Music is the only thing that matters

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 4:57am
Thanks Marky for this new live document and the great cover, thanks also to laxman for his essential contribution. :approve:
Cheers mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 11:03pm
laxman wrote:
white man wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 8:05am
Coming very soon. Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo, Japan 27/01/82. I've remastered/remixed this one and sent it to Laxman as he is kindly going to upload it as soon as he receives it and gets chance to do so. A nod to Chris (xtopher) for kindly giving me the heads up.

With a massive thank you to Marky Dread, here we are. Please can a downloader confirm that the link works OK? Thanks.
Working mate
Great thanks
Hello,

When I download, I get files that my machine cannot open/can't identify (even though it's an RAR). Can someone assist?

Thanks!
Not sure what's happening here for you mate. No one else has had problems. Can you try to delete the first download and then re download? I didn't upload it so you will have to wait for my pal Laxman to chip in.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 5:40am
gkbill wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 11:03pm
laxman wrote:
white man wrote:
laxman wrote:

Working mate
Great thanks
Hello,

Thanks!
Not sure what's happening here for you mate. No one else has had problems. Can you try to delete the first download and then re download? I didn't upload it so you will have to wait for my pal Laxman to chip in.
I'm not sure, it opens in WinRAR for me. has anyone else had a problem opening it?

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Your remaster sounds great, Marky, thank you very much. I'm in love with this show. I put it second to Hong Kong for best of the tour. Really wish more would come from this tour, especially that whole residency in Sydney. This is Radio Clash rocks on this one, really love the kind of free-form style they took with it while in Asia, makes each version of it they played way more exciting than the standard arrangement they were doing in 81, and again with Terry later on. I think this one might be the first and only time they end an encore with Stay Free, which I really like. Mick's solo is really inventive for it, his playing is a delight throughout. His heavier use of the Roland SPV-355 Synth in the beginning of the show is one of my favorite sounds he used. Sounds so good on Know Your Rights and One More Time.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

River wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 9:25am
Your remaster sounds great, Marky, thank you very much. I'm in love with this show. I put it second to Hong Kong for best of the tour. Really wish more would come from this tour, especially that whole residency in Sydney. This is Radio Clash rocks on this one, really love the kind of free-form style they took with it while in Asia, makes each version of it they played way more exciting than the standard arrangement they were doing in 81, and again with Terry later on. I think this one might be the first and only time they end an encore with Stay Free, which I really like. Mick's solo is really inventive for it, his playing is a delight throughout. His heavier use of the Roland SPV-355 Synth in the beginning of the show is one of my favorite sounds he used. Sounds so good on Know Your Rights and One More Time.
I agree and I love all of Joe's adlibs.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I've got all tracks downloaded and ready to listen! I want to send out a big thank you to laxman for his efforts in getting me the tracks. Thanks again as well, Marky!