Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 4:29am
Agree with all of the above, but we need to remember that some people are freely sharing stuff out there without the slightest knowledge of where it has come from or how much time and money has been put into it by someone else.
However, those that are doing so in full knowledge should at the very least ask permission and acknowledge the owner.
And for those that are selling it :naughty:
Speaking of Ebay. This is being sold by a record shop
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mick-Jones-S ... SwTfFbN1xK
Haha that cassette. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Cheers for the kind words peoples. The reason for me to remaster this stuff in the first place was to give back to you guys. Improve the sound of old live recordings / bootlegs etc. Hopefully engage in more discussion of the band we all enjoy.

I don't own these recordings in the first place and they are out there in various states of play. However when I've remastered something I put my name on it so people know they are getting something that sounds better than what has gone previously. A lot of time goes into each project and I get enjoyment doing it.

I make no profit and I happily buy new software and upgrades to improve stuff. The reward for me is the comments from you guys.

I like the idea of this stuff being out there in as best condition as possible in the best format.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 4:19am
I am glad you are doing what works for you. It is an amazing labour of love on your part, and if other people's actions undermine that and ruin your enjoyment then clearly that's no good, so fair play to you.

On a completely separate subject, could someone tell me how to set up a Youtube account? ;)
I thought you used to enjoy running. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 8:01am
laxman wrote:
I am glad you are doing what works for you. It is an amazing labour of love on your part, and if other people's actions undermine that and ruin your enjoyment then clearly that's no good, so fair play to you.

On a completely separate subject, could someone tell me how to set up a Youtube account? ;)
LOL. Maybe I won't set one up after all.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 8:15am
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

Yeah maybe there are enough Kajagoogoo YouTube accounts already. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 10:10am
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

Limahl is playing at an 80s festival just down the road from us next Summer. I think we'll be going, it was a good laugh this year. I'd ask him for his autograph but I'm ... ...

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky - you have given us so much. You do what is best for you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 10:49am
Marky - you have given us so much. You do what is best for you.
Cheers JB.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

GotGameGreggy
Dirty Punk

Post by GotGameGreggy »

I totally respect your decision Marky, I just hope that me sharing some of your remasters on my YouTube channel didn't have much to do with it. Like I've said before, I wasn't trying to sell anything or rip anyone off, I just like sharing some good Clash-content on my channel so more fans can have easy access to it. This site is really cool and interesting and you all seem like really nice guys, but it's not like every Clash fan knows this site exist. It's 2019, almost 2020, and putting content on YouTube makes it reach a much larger audience and lets more fans enjoy this stuff, as-well as allowing more people to discover it and become fans. The whole reason I started uploading stuff on my channel back in 2015 was to give fans easy and convenient access to rare, unreleased and live Clash stuff. A lot of fans don't know to go to sites like this, it's much easier and convenient to just look stuff on up on YouTube nowadays, like it or not. But all that being said, I'm a big fan of this site and like I said, you guys all seem super nice and genuine. I really appreciate all your hard work and dedication to your craft, Marky. Whenever I posted one of your remasters on my channel, I always made sure to give you credit and link this website in the video description. Like I said, I was never trying to rip anyone off, just wanted to share some good music on YouTube channel and I hope that didn't impact your decision in any way. I very much respect all of you.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

GotGameGreggy wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 9:38pm
I totally respect your decision Marky, I just hope that me sharing some of your remasters on my YouTube channel didn't have much to do with it. Like I've said before, I wasn't trying to sell anything or rip anyone off, I just like sharing some good Clash-content on my channel so more fans can have easy access to it. This site is really cool and interesting and you all seem like really nice guys, but it's not like every Clash fan knows this site exist. It's 2019, almost 2020, and putting content on YouTube makes it reach a much larger audience and lets more fans enjoy this stuff, as-well as allowing more people to discover it and become fans. The whole reason I started uploading stuff on my channel back in 2015 was to give fans easy and convenient access to rare, unreleased and live Clash stuff. A lot of fans don't know to go to sites like this, it's much easier and convenient to just look stuff on up on YouTube nowadays, like it or not. But all that being said, I'm a big fan of this site and like I said, you guys all seem super nice and genuine. I really appreciate all your hard work and dedication to your craft, Marky. Whenever I posted one of your remasters on my channel, I always made sure to give you credit and link this website in the video description. Like I said, I was never trying to rip anyone off, just wanted to share some good music on YouTube channel and I hope that didn't impact your decision in any way. I very much respect all of you.
Job done. I appreciate this post very much mate. It will be business as usual and all will be posted here and if you give it a week or so before posting to YouTube please. I am going to be posting up some remasters of official stuff along with demos outtakes etc. Post all.the live and demos but don't use anything that's been released officially please. If in doubt please feel free to ask.

I post some official stuff here because everyone here has bought the stuff over and over and continue to do so. But it's not for YouTube.

Cheers and good luck with your channel.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 6:46am
GotGameGreggy wrote:
Job done. I appreciate this post very much mate. It will be business as usual and all will be posted here and if you give it a week or so before posting to YouTube please. I am going to be posting up some remasters of official stuff along with demos outtakes etc. Post all.the live and demos but don't use anything that's been released officially please. If in doubt please feel free to ask.

I post some official stuff here because everyone here has bought the stuff over and over and continue to do so. But it's not for YouTube.

:approve:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

GotGameGreggy
Dirty Punk

Post by GotGameGreggy »

Yeah, I totally understand not to post officially released stuff on YouTube. YouTube would probably just take it down anyway, they can be really strict and picky about what they decide to copyright and take down, especially recently.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
GotGameGreggy wrote:

Hello,

Top class. (That goes for the remixes as well!)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 2:34pm
Marky Dread wrote:
GotGameGreggy wrote:

Hello,

Top class. (That goes for the remixes as well!)
Nice one gk. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

laxman wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 10:26am
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 10:10am
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

Limahl is playing at an 80s festival just down the road from us next Summer. I think we'll be going, it was a good laugh this year. I'd ask him for his autograph but I'm ... ...
When I was doing my sums degree at the Dundee Institute of Technology, as it was then, the big rumour in the city was that ex-pop star Limahl was studying game development there (something it's good at ever since Lemmings). My wee lad had got to hear this rumour and was almost demanding that I get his autograph. Trying to talk reason when I told him he wasn't really at the Uni, Rob replied, "It's because you don't like Kajagoogoo, isn't it? If Joe Strummer was there you'd get his autograph." There was a certain element of truth in his words, even though based on a falacy.