Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 11:54am
JohnS wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 11:38am
Marky Dread wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 12:44pm
JohnS wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 6:37am
Aaagh! More remasters... can't... keep... up
To paraphrase the Warren Zevon quote about buying books, I'm downloading these shows. And I hope, also the time to listen to them :mrgreen:
Thanks Marky.
I've yet to give the Atlanta show a spin - for some reason that one really interests me, I think cos it's one of the ones pictured on the London Calling sleeve. All those venues namechecked on there are just etched in my mind as part of Clash lore.
Atlanta is a good listen.
I've (finally) given Atlanta a blast. Fantastic stuff Marky, a really good sound and Joe's on great form with his adlibs - love the Capital Radio intro - and has the audience eating out of the palm of his hand at times (eg the 'vocal siren' singalong before Police & Thieves)
Nice to hear Mickey Gallagher up in the mix too.
But on BMC the write-up mentions Stay Free, and no mention of Clash City Rockers, after English Civil War. Was that left out of your remaster for some reason?
Umm no is the answer. I remastered the version I had. Mine doesn't include "Stay Free" it may well have been deliberately left out because as BMC states "an edit which loses the start of the song and then some tape problems continue for half a minute".

Whoever did the version I have may have removed the track because it was incomplete. Either way I don't have it and therefore neither do you. ;)
In which case, while you've got nothing better to do ( ;) ), you might to listen to this?

WAY OUT RADIO - RUTS DC SPECIAL! SEGS TALKS ABOUT NEW ELECTRACOUSTIC ALBUM!
PLUS NEW MUSIC FROM RUBELLA BALLET, MICK O'TOOL, GLEN MATLOCK, STILETTO FARM!

Hello! Hope all is well and you had a great St Paddy's Day! We certainly went for it in our 5 strong social bubble with lasers in the kitchen! Also enjoyed this week's Shane MacGowan film on BBC 4. Would recommend!

Great show for you this week. The incredible Segs of Ruts DC/The Ruts joins us for an in depth chat about the band's history, song lyrics and new ElectrAcoustic album!

LISTEN TO NEW RUTS DC SHOW:

NEW FAT MIKE PODCAST:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Dh60t ... E6tSpk9lrg

I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone listening to the show and sending me emails. It really feels great that we can carry on such a strong music community despite it being through a screen. I love getting feedback from you and it really makes all the hard work worthwhile. THANK YOU!

Big love and take care,

Paula
Way Out Radio

PS The fan club now has a secret Facebook group with free givaways every week so sign up! wayoutradio.com/product/fanclub

NEW SHOW: LISTEN NOW

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 12:04pm
Marky Dread wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 11:54am
JohnS wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 11:38am
Marky Dread wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 12:44pm
JohnS wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 6:37am
Aaagh! More remasters... can't... keep... up
To paraphrase the Warren Zevon quote about buying books, I'm downloading these shows. And I hope, also the time to listen to them :mrgreen:
Thanks Marky.
I've yet to give the Atlanta show a spin - for some reason that one really interests me, I think cos it's one of the ones pictured on the London Calling sleeve. All those venues namechecked on there are just etched in my mind as part of Clash lore.
Atlanta is a good listen.
I've (finally) given Atlanta a blast. Fantastic stuff Marky, a really good sound and Joe's on great form with his adlibs - love the Capital Radio intro - and has the audience eating out of the palm of his hand at times (eg the 'vocal siren' singalong before Police & Thieves)
Nice to hear Mickey Gallagher up in the mix too.
But on BMC the write-up mentions Stay Free, and no mention of Clash City Rockers, after English Civil War. Was that left out of your remaster for some reason?
Umm no is the answer. I remastered the version I had. Mine doesn't include "Stay Free" it may well have been deliberately left out because as BMC states "an edit which loses the start of the song and then some tape problems continue for half a minute".

Whoever did the version I have may have removed the track because it was incomplete. Either way I don't have it and therefore neither do you. ;)
In which case, while you've got nothing better to do ( ;) ), you might to listen to this?

WAY OUT RADIO - RUTS DC SPECIAL! SEGS TALKS ABOUT NEW ELECTRACOUSTIC ALBUM!
PLUS NEW MUSIC FROM RUBELLA BALLET, MICK O'TOOL, GLEN MATLOCK, STILETTO FARM!

Hello! Hope all is well and you had a great St Paddy's Day! We certainly went for it in our 5 strong social bubble with lasers in the kitchen! Also enjoyed this week's Shane MacGowan film on BBC 4. Would recommend!

Great show for you this week. The incredible Segs of Ruts DC/The Ruts joins us for an in depth chat about the band's history, song lyrics and new ElectrAcoustic album!

LISTEN TO NEW RUTS DC SHOW:

NEW FAT MIKE PODCAST:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Dh60t ... E6tSpk9lrg

I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone listening to the show and sending me emails. It really feels great that we can carry on such a strong music community despite it being through a screen. I love getting feedback from you and it really makes all the hard work worthwhile. THANK YOU!

Big love and take care,

Paula
Way Out Radio

PS The fan club now has a secret Facebook group with free givaways every week so sign up! wayoutradio.com/product/fanclub

NEW SHOW: LISTEN NOW
YOU THINK I HAVE TIME TO LISTEN TO STUFF? YOU CRAZY FOOL! But yeah thanks ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Ha ha, that wasn't me shouting! Enjoy.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 1:08pm
Ha ha, that wasn't me shouting! Enjoy.
I KNOW. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

Humandrummachine wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 11:29pm
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 5:51am
Humandrummachine wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 9:05pm
[youtube]

[/youtube]

This intro song like reggae is cool. What is this intro music?
Don't know for sure but it sonds like U-Roy to me. Possibly this ...
Thank you.
That's not the song lol. Kinda similar but not it. I tried to Shazam it but it couldn't pick it up

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

yetaca wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 4:30pm
Humandrummachine wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Humandrummachine wrote:
[youtube]

[/youtube]

Thank you.
That's not the song lol. Kinda similar but not it. I tried to Shazam it but it couldn't pick it up
So what is it then?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 4:45pm
yetaca wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 4:30pm
Humandrummachine wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Humandrummachine wrote:
[youtube]

[/youtube]

Thank you.
So what is it then?
I dunno. It's bugging me that I can't find it

babyboy22
Corner Soul

Post by babyboy22 »

I'm new here so if I'm out of line please let me know. Is there a remaster of the 09-02-82 Pier 84 NYC Show? If so can someone share the link.
Thank You

stuartreed
Corner Soul

Post by stuartreed »

babyboy22 wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 4:00am
I'm new here so if I'm out of line please let me know. Is there a remaster of the 09-02-82 Pier 84 NYC Show? If so can someone share the link.
Thank You
Its on page 147
https://mega.nz/file/xUBHQIaT#LBK3h75yx ... rzYzPkQh7g

:)

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

from http://www.blackmarketclash.co.uk
new recording surfaces... Detroit Theatre May 1984

Lineage is unknown. It might be the master. It's low-gen if not. This has not been in crculation before. Download here > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i9ge579fi5hl ... yhYVa?dl=0

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

babyboy22
Corner Soul

Post by babyboy22 »

Thanks so much. Do you know if anyone her share slinks to live shows not in this thread. I have tens of thousands of Lossless bootlegs to share.

babyboy22
Corner Soul

Post by babyboy22 »

Thank you for posting these shows here. Clash shows are not so easy to come by. I've been looking for several shows that I have yet to track down. If you're ever looking for any bootlegs of other bands let me know I have tens of thousands of lossless bootlegs and can easily upload and share links. I'm surprised there isn't a section in the forums dedicated to that.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 6:32pm

Lineage is unknown. It might be the master. It's low-gen if not. This has not been in crculation before. Download here > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i9ge579fi5hl ... yhYVa?dl=0
Stefano check here :
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11166&start=2025

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Thanks Marky!! I've missed it! ;)
Marky Dread wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 7:07pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 6:32pm

Stefano check here :
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11166&start=2025

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

york
Corner Soul

Post by york »

Hi Marky,

thank you very very much for the "bunch" of new remasters, was last in for Florenz, all great, Marky ... Clash!

Cheers to Reading
York