Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28939
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Heston » 11 Feb 2019, 7:56pm

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 7:35pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:28pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:23pm
I think this is a very good for 1982 show, and contains one of my favourite versions of This Is Radio Clash. The problem I always had with this gig was the low crowd noise, I'm hoping Marky has dubbed on some "Shea-style" audience cheering. ;)

Looking forward to this one Marky, cheers.
Let me know your findings. I like this show a fair bit it doesn't have any of the danger of the earlier Clash but it's enjoyable and might even have one of the best live versions of RtC and TCU.
Yes, I recall the Call Up being very good on it, though I'm not sure a good live version of RtC exists. ;) I will post a report mate.

On a side note Marky, I don't think I've ever put a request on here, but somehere down the line, and there's no rush, would you consider remastering the 14/7/82 Newcastle City Hall gig? It was one of my first bootlegs and I think it's actually one of the best Terry-era performances.
What is it with you geordies? Do they put something in the water that makes you forget what flavour pot noodle you had yesterday? White Man did the same thing regards the Mayfair '80 gig.

http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... &start=855

Here's what you said not so long ago "Thanks for this Marky, I'll not badge-r you again".

Now you definitely owe me a badge.
Shit! It's easy to forget these things at my age. I've found it and I'm burning it for the lab on Thursday with Akron.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 11 Feb 2019, 8:02pm

Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 7:56pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 7:35pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:28pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:23pm
I think this is a very good for 1982 show, and contains one of my favourite versions of This Is Radio Clash. The problem I always had with this gig was the low crowd noise, I'm hoping Marky has dubbed on some "Shea-style" audience cheering. ;)

Looking forward to this one Marky, cheers.
Let me know your findings. I like this show a fair bit it doesn't have any of the danger of the earlier Clash but it's enjoyable and might even have one of the best live versions of RtC and TCU.
Yes, I recall the Call Up being very good on it, though I'm not sure a good live version of RtC exists. ;) I will post a report mate.

On a side note Marky, I don't think I've ever put a request on here, but somehere down the line, and there's no rush, would you consider remastering the 14/7/82 Newcastle City Hall gig? It was one of my first bootlegs and I think it's actually one of the best Terry-era performances.
What is it with you geordies? Do they put something in the water that makes you forget what flavour pot noodle you had yesterday? White Man did the same thing regards the Mayfair '80 gig.

http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... &start=855

Here's what you said not so long ago "Thanks for this Marky, I'll not badge-r you again".

Now you definitely owe me a badge.
Shit! It's easy to forget these things at my age. I've found it and I'm burning it for the lab on Thursday with Akron.
Don't pull that old ageism trick on me sonny boy. You're only 50 whereas I'm 54 and White Man is queing for his free bus pass. ;)
Image

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1349
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by gkbill » 11 Feb 2019, 9:38pm

Hello Marky,

Thanks too much for your work. As Heston mentioned previously, a good This is Radio Clash (the best Clash song). I don't think I have any other shows with Wrong "Em Boyo - another favorite track. Well done, young man!

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1643
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 12 Feb 2019, 3:33am

Akron sounding real good. Speed issues corrected, boom tamed. Nice job as always! Thank you, mate.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 12 Feb 2019, 3:35am

gkbill wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 9:38pm
Hello Marky,

Thanks too much for your work. As Heston mentioned previously, a good This is Radio Clash (the best Clash song). I don't think I have any other shows with Wrong "Em Boyo - another favorite track. Well done, young man!
Thanks gk.
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 12 Feb 2019, 3:36am

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 3:33am
Akron sounding real good. Speed issues corrected, boom tamed. Nice job as always! Thank you, mate.
Thanks Teddy.
Image

Red Angel
User avatar
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 159
Joined: 26 Sep 2013, 11:40am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Red Angel » 12 Feb 2019, 4:04am

A great job (as always), fantastic, thanks :mrgreen:
The Future is Badly Written and it is not Clear

white man
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 944
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by white man » 12 Feb 2019, 4:07am

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 7:35pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:28pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:23pm
I think this is a very good for 1982 show, and contains one of my favourite versions of This Is Radio Clash. The problem I always had with this gig was the low crowd noise, I'm hoping Marky has dubbed on some "Shea-style" audience cheering. ;)

Looking forward to this one Marky, cheers.
Let me know your findings. I like this show a fair bit it doesn't have any of the danger of the earlier Clash but it's enjoyable and might even have one of the best live versions of RtC and TCU.
Yes, I recall the Call Up being very good on it, though I'm not sure a good live version of RtC exists. ;) I will post a report mate.

On a side note Marky, I don't think I've ever put a request on here, but somehere down the line, and there's no rush, would you consider remastering the 14/7/82 Newcastle City Hall gig? It was one of my first bootlegs and I think it's actually one of the best Terry-era performances.
What is it with you geordies? Do they put something in the water that makes you forget what flavour pot noodle you had yesterday? White Man did the same thing regards the Mayfair '80 gig.

http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... &start=855

Here's what you said not so long ago "Thanks for this Marky, I'll not badge-r you again".

Now you definitely owe me a badge.
Neither Me or H are Geordies like, just for the record. Oh and its Cheesy Chips and Blue pop that are the staple of Sunderland folk. :mrgreen:

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28939
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Heston » 12 Feb 2019, 5:31am

white man wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 4:07am
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 7:35pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:28pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:23pm
I think this is a very good for 1982 show, and contains one of my favourite versions of This Is Radio Clash. The problem I always had with this gig was the low crowd noise, I'm hoping Marky has dubbed on some "Shea-style" audience cheering. ;)

Looking forward to this one Marky, cheers.
Let me know your findings. I like this show a fair bit it doesn't have any of the danger of the earlier Clash but it's enjoyable and might even have one of the best live versions of RtC and TCU.
Yes, I recall the Call Up being very good on it, though I'm not sure a good live version of RtC exists. ;) I will post a report mate.

On a side note Marky, I don't think I've ever put a request on here, but somehere down the line, and there's no rush, would you consider remastering the 14/7/82 Newcastle City Hall gig? It was one of my first bootlegs and I think it's actually one of the best Terry-era performances.
What is it with you geordies? Do they put something in the water that makes you forget what flavour pot noodle you had yesterday? White Man did the same thing regards the Mayfair '80 gig.

http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... &start=855

Here's what you said not so long ago "Thanks for this Marky, I'll not badge-r you again".

Now you definitely owe me a badge.
Neither Me or H are Geordies like, just for the record. Oh and its Cheesy Chips and Blue pop that are the staple of Sunderland folk. :mrgreen:
Even though I support Sunderland I'm technically a Geordie in old money as born and bred on Tyneside, but I'm a subdivision known as a Sanddancer. I've certainly got no "Sunday For Sammy" DVDs.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 12 Feb 2019, 6:10am

white man wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 4:07am
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 7:35pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:28pm
Heston wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 6:23pm
I think this is a very good for 1982 show, and contains one of my favourite versions of This Is Radio Clash. The problem I always had with this gig was the low crowd noise, I'm hoping Marky has dubbed on some "Shea-style" audience cheering. ;)

Looking forward to this one Marky, cheers.
Let me know your findings. I like this show a fair bit it doesn't have any of the danger of the earlier Clash but it's enjoyable and might even have one of the best live versions of RtC and TCU.
Yes, I recall the Call Up being very good on it, though I'm not sure a good live version of RtC exists. ;) I will post a report mate.

On a side note Marky, I don't think I've ever put a request on here, but somehere down the line, and there's no rush, would you consider remastering the 14/7/82 Newcastle City Hall gig? It was one of my first bootlegs and I think it's actually one of the best Terry-era performances.
What is it with you geordies? Do they put something in the water that makes you forget what flavour pot noodle you had yesterday? White Man did the same thing regards the Mayfair '80 gig.

http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... &start=855

Here's what you said not so long ago "Thanks for this Marky, I'll not badge-r you again".

Now you definitely owe me a badge.
Neither Me or H are Geordies like, just for the record. Oh and its Cheesy Chips and Blue pop that are the staple of Sunderland folk. :mrgreen:
I was going to say that Heston is a Geordie but he beat me to it. Mackems it is then (or maybe Wearsiders) but either way you must have a Specsavers somewhere in that big city of yours. ;) ;)
Image

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2289
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by WestwayKid » 12 Feb 2019, 8:03am

You crazy Brits! I had to do a little research into what it meant to be a Geordie...

"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread » 12 Feb 2019, 8:29am

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 8:03am
You crazy Brits! I had to do a little research into what it meant to be a Geordie...

I can't understand either of them. Or is it neither of them. :disshame:
Image

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2289
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by WestwayKid » 12 Feb 2019, 9:02am

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 8:29am
WestwayKid wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 8:03am
You crazy Brits! I had to do a little research into what it meant to be a Geordie...
I can't understand either of them. Or is it neither of them. :disshame:
It's a tough accent to understand! I've always found it fascinating that we all speak the same language - yet there are dialects that sound foreign to us.

Thanks for the new live set, by the way. Can't wait to get home and check it out!! Crazy to think the Clash once played in Akron - which might be the Rubber Capital of the World - but is still a pretty small town.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

white man
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 944
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by white man » 12 Feb 2019, 9:11am

57 in April :meh: Never knew you were Tynesider by birth JH. Love how this thread veers off at times then comes back with a boom.
Well done Marky, once again.

white man
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 944
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by white man » 12 Feb 2019, 9:24am

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 8:29am
WestwayKid wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 8:03am
You crazy Brits! I had to do a little research into what it meant to be a Geordie...

I can't understand either of them. Or is it neither of them. :disshame:
Sometimes i struggle with broad Geordie's if they talk too fast. The Mackem accent is a lot more softer on the vowels. Some great alternate words as well.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?newwind ... 50&bih=640

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XommmrDViKA

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests