Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49587
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

Gimmix wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 5:48am
Thanks for the Agora show Marky, great setlist. Cheers.
👍😎 Cheers I enjoyed that one.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

geraldmanns
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 84
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:34pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by geraldmanns »

Yeah! Great improvement! Thank you!
Re-invent the world before inventing time

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49587
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

geraldmanns wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 11:51am
Yeah! Great improvement! Thank you!
Cheers GM. :approve:
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

stuartreed
Corner Soul
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 7:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by stuartreed »

The Bob Gruen book is great....if you haven't seen it go over to the "Clash books" thread

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49587
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

This one is a request and is dedicated to gk bill.

Sound is a bit poor on the first few tracks due to PA problems but it has a great "This Is Radio Clash" & "The Magnificent Seven" with Kurtis Blow and some great guitar effects from Mick.

https://mega.nz/file/xUBHQIaT#LBK3h75yx ... rzYzPkQh7g
Attachments
The Clash - Pier 84, New York, NY, August 31, 1982 [Front].jpg
The Clash - Pier 84, New York, NY, August 31, 1982 [Rear].jpg
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49587
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

A little something for the weekend...enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/5JoSESxZ#w8D7_w8yG ... mP-TVxniHE
Attachments
The Clash - The O'keefe Centre, Toronto, September 26, 1979 [Front].jpg
The Clash - The O'keefe Centre, Toronto, September 26, 1979 [Rear].jpg
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

stuartreed
Corner Soul
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 7:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by stuartreed »

Cheers - looking forward to these

Charlie Dont Surf
User avatar
Junco Partner
Posts: 396
Joined: 28 Jun 2008, 3:40am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Bloody Hell Marky just logged in and three more shows to download.
At this rate you will be finished every known recording by the end of the month.
Can't thank you enough for the dedication you have in improving these recordings for everyone on the site. I owe you more than a couple of beers.
You have given me and everyone else hours of listening pleasure.

All The Best
CDS
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49587
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 5:56pm
Bloody Hell Marky just logged in and three more shows to download.
At this rate you will be finished every known recording by the end of the month.
Can't thank you enough for the dedication you have in improving these recordings for everyone on the site. I owe you more than a couple of beers.
You have given me and everyone else hours of listening pleasure.

All The Best
CDS
Cheers CDS much appreciated.👍
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Sparky
Sightsee MC
Posts: 263
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 4:02pm
A little something for the weekend...enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/5JoSESxZ#w8D7_w8yG ... mP-TVxniHE
Wow, jackpot on the remasters today. As always, thank you Marky for all you do. The O'Keefe show is a huge upgrade in quality from the older version I already had. Much appreciated.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2573
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 3:42pm
This one is a request and is dedicated to gk bill.

Sound is a bit poor on the first few tracks due to PA problems but it has a great "This Is Radio Clash" & "The Magnificent Seven" with Kurtis Blow and some great guitar effects from Mick.

https://mega.nz/file/xUBHQIaT#LBK3h75yx ... rzYzPkQh7g
Hello Marky,

Thank you too much! This is one of the four shows I saw. It was a great show with so many memorable moments...the crowd swaying at such extreme angles without falling over, Kurtis Blow waving thank you while discretely giving the finger to some of those booing him, the chants of Cincinnati (check out the Who's history for this, young kids), to Joe scolding the crowd for throwing bottles - and then there's the music and show itself - magic!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49587
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 9:51pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 3:42pm
This one is a request and is dedicated to gk bill.

Sound is a bit poor on the first few tracks due to PA problems but it has a great "This Is Radio Clash" & "The Magnificent Seven" with Kurtis Blow and some great guitar effects from Mick.

https://mega.nz/file/xUBHQIaT#LBK3h75yx ... rzYzPkQh7g
Hello Marky,

Thank you too much! This is one of the four shows I saw. It was a great show with so many memorable moments...the crowd swaying at such extreme angles without falling over, Kurtis Blow waving thank you while discretely giving the finger to some of those booing him, the chants of Cincinnati (check out the Who's history for this, young kids), to Joe scolding the crowd for throwing bottles - and then there's the music and show itself - magic!
Cheers gk it was worth doing it just because you attended. Always great to have a document of those that are personal.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

GotGameGreggy
User avatar
Corner Soul
Posts: 46
Joined: 07 Nov 2019, 8:21pm
Location: Earth

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by GotGameGreggy »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 4:02pm
A little something for the weekend...enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/5JoSESxZ#w8D7_w8yG ... mP-TVxniHE
Thanks for your great work and dedication, Marky. And by the way, I think the band's style and look around 1979/1980 was really cool.

GotGameGreggy
User avatar
Corner Soul
Posts: 46
Joined: 07 Nov 2019, 8:21pm
Location: Earth

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by GotGameGreggy »

gkbill wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 9:51pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 3:42pm
This one is a request and is dedicated to gk bill.

Sound is a bit poor on the first few tracks due to PA problems but it has a great "This Is Radio Clash" & "The Magnificent Seven" with Kurtis Blow and some great guitar effects from Mick.

https://mega.nz/file/xUBHQIaT#LBK3h75yx ... rzYzPkQh7g
Hello Marky,

Thank you too much! This is one of the four shows I saw. It was a great show with so many memorable moments...the crowd swaying at such extreme angles without falling over, Kurtis Blow waving thank you while discretely giving the finger to some of those booing him, the chants of Cincinnati (check out the Who's history for this, young kids), to Joe scolding the crowd for throwing bottles - and then there's the music and show itself - magic!
I'm 22 and my whole life, every time me and my Dad (who's in his 60's) go someplace that's really crowded, he will say "it's like a Who concert in here" and nobody knows what he's talking about. I guess a benefit of having older parents is that I understand these references.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2573
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by gkbill »

GotGameGreggy wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 1:40am
gkbill wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 9:51pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 3:42pm
This one is a request and is dedicated to gk bill.

Sound is a bit poor on the first few tracks due to PA problems but it has a great "This Is Radio Clash" & "The Magnificent Seven" with Kurtis Blow and some great guitar effects from Mick.

https://mega.nz/file/xUBHQIaT#LBK3h75yx ... rzYzPkQh7g
Hello Marky,

Thank you too much! This is one of the four shows I saw. It was a great show with so many memorable moments...the crowd swaying at such extreme angles without falling over, Kurtis Blow waving thank you while discretely giving the finger to some of those booing him, the chants of Cincinnati (check out the Who's history for this, young kids), to Joe scolding the crowd for throwing bottles - and then there's the music and show itself - magic!
I'm 22 and my whole life, every time me and my Dad (who's in his 60's) go someplace that's really crowded, he will say "it's like a Who concert in here" and nobody knows what he's talking about. I guess a benefit of having older parents is that I understand these references.
Hello,

RIP to those 11. It could've been me.

Post Reply