Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
JohnS
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 885
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 6:18pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by JohnS »

Aaagh! More remasters... can't... keep... up
To paraphrase the Warren Zevon quote about buying books, I'm downloading these shows. And I hope, also the time to listen to them :mrgreen:
Thanks Marky.
I've yet to give the Atlanta show a spin - for some reason that one really interests me, I think cos it's one of the ones pictured on the London Calling sleeve. All those venues namechecked on there are just etched in my mind as part of Clash lore.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49582
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 6:37am
Aaagh! More remasters... can't... keep... up
To paraphrase the Warren Zevon quote about buying books, I'm downloading these shows. And I hope, also the time to listen to them :mrgreen:
Thanks Marky.
I've yet to give the Atlanta show a spin - for some reason that one really interests me, I think cos it's one of the ones pictured on the London Calling sleeve. All those venues namechecked on there are just etched in my mind as part of Clash lore.
Atlanta is a good listen.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49582
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

GotGameGreggy wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 1:36am
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 4:02pm
A little something for the weekend...enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/5JoSESxZ#w8D7_w8yG ... mP-TVxniHE
Thanks for your great work and dedication, Marky. And by the way, I think the band's style and look around 1979/1980 was really cool.
Very cool.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

GrooveyTimesUK
Corner Soul
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Jan 2021, 2:24pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by GrooveyTimesUK »

Thanks Marky for your hard work.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49582
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

GrooveyTimesUK wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 12:27pm
Thanks Marky for your hard work.
Thanks GTUK.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Sparky
Sightsee MC
Posts: 261
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 4:02pm
A little something for the weekend...enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/5JoSESxZ#w8D7_w8yG ... mP-TVxniHE
Canadian TV interview from when they were in town for this show. Bonus points for the Undertones being in on it as well.


Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49582
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 3:06pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 4:02pm
A little something for the weekend...enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/5JoSESxZ#w8D7_w8yG ... mP-TVxniHE
Canadian TV interview from when they were in town for this show. Bonus points for the Undertones being in on it as well.

Yep that's great.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Humandrummachine
Corner Soul
Posts: 5
Joined: 22 Aug 2020, 10:55pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Humandrummachine »

[youtube]

[/youtube]

This intro song like reggae is cool. What is this intro music?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49582
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

Humandrummachine wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 9:05pm
[youtube]

[/youtube]

This intro song like reggae is cool. What is this intro music?
Don't know for sure but it sonds like U-Roy to me. Possibly this ...
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

appleseed1
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 96
Joined: 04 Jul 2016, 3:08pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by appleseed1 »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 4:02pm
A little something for the weekend...enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/5JoSESxZ#w8D7_w8yG ... mP-TVxniHE
Thanks so much! This was one of the very first shows I heard back in the tape-trading days. I can't wait to hear what you've done with this one. Testing my memory, I believe Joe mentioned mozzarella cheese during some of his stage banter? Odd the details that stick with you over the years.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49582
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

appleseed1 wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 11:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 4:02pm
A little something for the weekend...enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/5JoSESxZ#w8D7_w8yG ... mP-TVxniHE
Thanks so much! This was one of the very first shows I heard back in the tape-trading days. I can't wait to hear what you've done with this one. Testing my memory, I believe Joe mentioned mozzarella cheese during some of his stage banter? Odd the details that stick with you over the years.
Cheers mate.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Humandrummachine
Corner Soul
Posts: 5
Joined: 22 Aug 2020, 10:55pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Humandrummachine »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 5:51am
Humandrummachine wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 9:05pm
[youtube]

[/youtube]

This intro song like reggae is cool. What is this intro music?
Don't know for sure but it sonds like U-Roy to me. Possibly this ...
Thank you.

Stefano1972
User avatar
Corner Soul
Posts: 5
Joined: 29 Oct 2020, 6:55pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Stefano1972 »

Thanks Marky Dread!! But listen the old concerts you posted before it’s so pity it’s not more possible.

JohnS
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 885
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 6:18pm

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 12:44pm
JohnS wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 6:37am
Aaagh! More remasters... can't... keep... up
To paraphrase the Warren Zevon quote about buying books, I'm downloading these shows. And I hope, also the time to listen to them :mrgreen:
Thanks Marky.
I've yet to give the Atlanta show a spin - for some reason that one really interests me, I think cos it's one of the ones pictured on the London Calling sleeve. All those venues namechecked on there are just etched in my mind as part of Clash lore.
Atlanta is a good listen.
I've (finally) given Atlanta a blast. Fantastic stuff Marky, a really good sound and Joe's on great form with his adlibs - love the Capital Radio intro - and has the audience eating out of the palm of his hand at times (eg the 'vocal siren' singalong before Police & Thieves)
Nice to hear Mickey Gallagher up in the mix too.
But on BMC the write-up mentions Stay Free, and no mention of Clash City Rockers, after English Civil War. Was that left out of your remaster for some reason?
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49582
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 11:38am
Marky Dread wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 12:44pm
JohnS wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 6:37am
Aaagh! More remasters... can't... keep... up
To paraphrase the Warren Zevon quote about buying books, I'm downloading these shows. And I hope, also the time to listen to them :mrgreen:
Thanks Marky.
I've yet to give the Atlanta show a spin - for some reason that one really interests me, I think cos it's one of the ones pictured on the London Calling sleeve. All those venues namechecked on there are just etched in my mind as part of Clash lore.
Atlanta is a good listen.
I've (finally) given Atlanta a blast. Fantastic stuff Marky, a really good sound and Joe's on great form with his adlibs - love the Capital Radio intro - and has the audience eating out of the palm of his hand at times (eg the 'vocal siren' singalong before Police & Thieves)
Nice to hear Mickey Gallagher up in the mix too.
But on BMC the write-up mentions Stay Free, and no mention of Clash City Rockers, after English Civil War. Was that left out of your remaster for some reason?
Umm no is the answer. I remastered the version I had. Mine doesn't include "Stay Free" it may well have been deliberately left out because as BMC states "an edit which loses the start of the song and then some tape problems continue for half a minute".

Whoever did the version I have may have removed the track because it was incomplete. Either way I don't have it and therefore neither do you. ;)
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Post Reply