The Marky Dread Projects

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Red Angel
Junco Partner

The Marky Dread Projects

Post by Red Angel »

I am very impressed by Marky Dread's work on "Rat Patrol from Hell W10" and other projects, passion and competence, true labours of love. Too many compliments? I am a collector, with many items in the shelves and after "Sound System" I never thought of finding anything else interesting, yet I found these great collections with these excellent artwork. Of course my preference always goes to official releases, but these works are a good compendium.
All right nothing to say? Well I think that "The Cost Of Loving" is more homogeneous to GEER than LC, but this is only my opinion. Thanks Marky Dread.

:approve:
Music is the only thing that matters

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: The Marky Dread Projects

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 1:15pm
I am very impressed by Marky Dread's work on "Rat Patrol from Hell W10" and other projects, passion and competence, true labours of love. Too many compliments? I am a collector, with many items in the shelves and after "Sound System" I never thought of finding anything else interesting, yet I found these great collections with these excellent artwork. Of course my preference always goes to official releases, but these works are a good compendium.
All right nothing to say? Well I think that "The Cost Of Loving" is more homogeneous to GEER than LC, but this is only my opinion. Thanks Marky Dread.

:approve:
Now if only The Clash had recorded that and not The Style Council. ;) Thanks for the kind words appreciated. Regards the "CoL" EP I prefer it with LC as it shows a change in direction of musical style from GEER.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

Yes The Cost Of Living, lately I make a lot of mistakes, maybe I'm getting old...... :meh:

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

The projects are fantastic. I ‘vet said it before, but the band should get Marky on board for some official releases.

I’m personally not sure which album the CoL EP should be with, it just makes a great bridge between the two.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 2:33pm
Yes The Cost Of Living, lately I make a lot of mistakes, maybe I'm getting old...... :meh:
We all are mate. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 2:45pm
The projects are fantastic. I ‘vet said it before, but the band should get Marky on board for some official releases.

I’m personally not sure which album the CoL EP should be with, it just makes a great bridge between the two.
Only wish CoL was an album and not an EP.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

I think CoL belongs more to LC than GEER, the same way that the first singles/b-sides with Topper belonged more to GEER than s/t, laying the sonic template for the wide-screen, cinematic grandeur that became GEER. It's a close call, what with that vibe on I Fought the Law and even Capitol Radio II, but Gates of the West and Groovy Times have a much more earthy affect which is reflected in their mixes. Plus their love of musical humour and nuttiness and loose ends really started with CoL.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 4:54pm
I think CoL belongs more to LC than GEER, the same way that the first singles/b-sides with Topper belonged more to GEER than s/t, laying the sonic template for the wide-screen, cinematic grandeur that became GEER. It's a close call, what with that vibe on I Fought the Law and even Capitol Radio II, but Gates of the West and Groovy Times have a much more earthy affect which is reflected in their mixes. Plus their love of musical humour and nuttiness and loose ends really started with CoL.
Totally agree.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

It’s really a continuum between releases. The non-album singles between each album really bridge the gap.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Wolter wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 5:14pm
It’s really a continuum between releases. The non-album singles between each album really bridge the gap.
Good point. And appropos of whatever, my Aussie mate who recorded the complete Hong Kong '82 show and posted it here last year, used to ask me what my favorite Clash album is, and I'd tell him "it's all one big album to me". Whereas that would be an insubstantial or infuriating answer to many, he loves the concept.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Big up Marky!

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

muppet hi fi wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 5:33pm
Wolter wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 5:14pm
Good point. And appropos of whatever, my Aussie mate who recorded the complete Hong Kong '82 show and posted it here last year, used to ask me what my favorite Clash album is, and I'd tell him "it's all one big album to me". Whereas that would be an insubstantial or infuriating answer to many, he loves the concept.
It’s a great concept too.
Frank Zappa used to claim that all of his work - Decades worth of recordings - was one continuous project, and any track from any album could be compiled next to any others without bothering him in the slightest.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

Hi Marky in these last days I still listened to your absolutely fantastic "projects", do you have something new in mind? A work on FHTE?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 2:47pm
Hi Marky in these last days I still listened to your absolutely fantastic "projects", do you have something new in mind? A work on FHTE?
I doubt that could be improved. I have (slowly) been working on something else now my sight has been partially restored.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »