'All The Peacemakers' book

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: 'All The Peacemakers' book

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 10:40pm
Why is a book about GEER called All The Peacemakers :huh:
That's why my remaster with all the demos etc was called "All the Peacemakers" as it was the working title for GEER. Also a lyric from "Police & Thieves" of course.

London Calling was originally titled The New Testament.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Toppers Boppers wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 12:11pm
101Walterton wrote:
It was the title until they switched it to GEER. I didn't know that at the time, but it's in one of the Clash or Strummer biogs. Pretty neat alt title for the music IMHO.

In August, Pearlman invited Joe and Mick to San Francisco’s Automat Studios on downtown Folsom Street for final overdubs on the album now called All The Peacemakers (after a line in Police And Thieves).

https://recordcollectormag.com/articles/hang-high
Thanks. Seems odd to me name an album after a significant lyric in a song (that is a cover) on your previous album.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 5:36pm
Toppers Boppers wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
It was the title until they switched it to GEER. I didn't know that at the time, but it's in one of the Clash or Strummer biogs. Pretty neat alt title for the music IMHO.

In August, Pearlman invited Joe and Mick to San Francisco’s Automat Studios on downtown Folsom Street for final overdubs on the album now called All The Peacemakers (after a line in Police And Thieves).

Thanks. Seems odd to me name an album after a significant lyric in a song (that is a cover) on your previous album.
Well a peacemaker is also a gun. So maybe that fitted well with some of the song titles on the album.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Heston wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 6:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 5:37pm
I got this and I'm completely enjoying it. Excellent stuff!!!!
Where did you buy it mate and does anyone know if there's a way to still get his Combat Rock book?
He's just posted on the Facebook page that he's doing a small rerun of combat ready

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

white man wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 5:18pm
Heston wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 6:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 5:37pm
I got this and I'm completely enjoying it. Excellent stuff!!!!
Where did you buy it mate and does anyone know if there's a way to still get his Combat Rock book?
He's just posted on the Facebook page that he's doing a small rerun of combat ready
Thanks!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

For anyone who's read it, how does Combat Ready compare with Route 19 revisited? I'm on the point of splashing out but £30 is pricey.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Heston wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 5:58pm
For anyone who's read it, how does Combat Ready compare with Route 19 revisited? I'm on the point of splashing out but £30 is pricey.
Well, they cover different albums - Combat Ready is all about Combat Rock not London Calling.
And it's a similar style to the Peacemakers book, i.e. lots of brief chapters/essays, and lots of pictures of ads, various record covers etc, more suitable for dipping into at various chapters; unlike Route 19 which is a more traditional 'biography' type book.
So... it doesn't really compare at all :mrgreen:
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Heston

Post by Heston »

JohnS wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:58pm
Heston wrote:
Well, they cover different albums - Combat Ready is all about Combat Rock not London Calling.
And it's a similar style to the Peacemakers book, i.e. lots of brief chapters/essays, and lots of pictures of ads, various record covers etc, more suitable for dipping into at various chapters; unlike Route 19 which is a more traditional 'biography' type book.
See, I like the in-depth biog type stuff but I'll probably give it a go.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 7:03pm
JohnS wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:58pm
Heston wrote:
See, I like the in-depth biog type stuff but I'll probably give it a go.
Same, route 19 one of my fave Clash books.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Marky Dread wrote: That's why my remaster with all the demos etc was called "All the Peacemakers" as it was the working title for GEER.
Interesting, I never knew that.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 5:36pm
Toppers Boppers wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Generation X third album was called Kiss Me Deadly and it was the best track on their debut

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

It sneaked under the radar a bit, but Tim Satchwell's done a third book, this time covering the first album!
It's £30 plus £10 postage, but is bigger than the other books (got mine today, it's like an old fashioned phone directory and weighs a ton)

https://tims08.wixsite.com/all-the-peac ... up-starsky
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

JohnS wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 11:41am
It sneaked under the radar a bit, but Tim Satchwell's done a third book, this time covering the first album!
It's £30 plus £10 postage, but is bigger than the other books (got mine today, it's like an old fashioned phone directory and weighs a ton)

Got it today too, he definitely hasn't skimped on the contents! Lots of badges, flyers etc with it too, like the first two.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

My copy arrived yesterday. But then I'm special. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

laxman wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 11:50am
JohnS wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 11:41am

Got it today too, he definitely hasn't skimped on the contents! Lots of badges, flyers etc with it too, like the first two.
I'm interested but I hope it makes its way over to the US for distribution because the shipping alone from his website is about $50 US.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung