New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Post Reply
BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3381
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 24 Oct 2018, 12:28am

TGTBATQ's sophomore album, titled Merrie Land, will be released on November 16th:
https://shop.thegoodthebadandthequeen.com

UK tour dates in early December:



101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17521
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by 101Walterton » 24 Oct 2018, 12:52am

Had a listen earlier, not my cup of tea :twitch:

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20909
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by matedog » 24 Oct 2018, 1:03am

Love the Dead of Night reference on the cover.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 9057
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by BostonBeaneater » 24 Oct 2018, 1:22am

No one had the balls to stand up and say, “This just isn’t any good.”
Image

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 14307
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by Silent Majority » 24 Oct 2018, 1:56am

Damon must have accumulated enough songs without any hooks in the time since the last one. "Can't use this for Gorilla's, hasn't got a melody. It'll wait till Paul's free."
Kool Moe Dee was in the Treacherous Three

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1866
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by laxman » 24 Oct 2018, 5:08am

I must be in the minority, because I like them, plus 12.5p for a concert is pretty rare these days.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17521
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by 101Walterton » 24 Oct 2018, 5:17am

laxman wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 5:08am
I must be in the minority, because I like them, plus 12.5p for a concert is pretty rare these days.
:mrgreen:

deny
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 535
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by deny » 24 Oct 2018, 9:11am

laxman wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 5:08am
I must be in the minority, because I like them, plus 12.5p for a concert is pretty rare these days.
Are you going to a show Phil?
Joining the Street Parade

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79760
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Oct 2018, 9:33am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 1:22am
No one had the balls to stand up and say, “This just isn’t any good.”
Commenting on the band's poorly received (including by the band itself) album Manscape, Wire's Bruce Gilbert said, “You'd think somebody would have listened to it first before deciding to release it.”
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79760
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Oct 2018, 9:34am

Silent Majority wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 1:56am
Damon must have accumulated enough songs without any hooks in the time since the last one. "Can't use this for Gorilla's, hasn't got a melody. It'll wait till Paul's free."
*snort* Nice smackdown of two people in one barb.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1866
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by laxman » 24 Oct 2018, 9:39am

deny wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 9:11am
laxman wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 5:08am
I must be in the minority, because I like them, plus 12.5p for a concert is pretty rare these days.
Are you going to a show Phil?
For 12.5p definitely ;)

Might try for the Blackpool show, will depend upon what else I have on that weekend. You interested?

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 17419
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by JennyB » 24 Oct 2018, 9:48am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 9:34am
Silent Majority wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 1:56am
Damon must have accumulated enough songs without any hooks in the time since the last one. "Can't use this for Gorilla's, hasn't got a melody. It'll wait till Paul's free."
*snort* Nice smackdown of two people in one barb.
Agreed. The first album was...fine. For playing at night if you were having trouble sleeping.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

deny
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 535
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by deny » 24 Oct 2018, 11:39am

laxman wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 9:39am
deny wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 9:11am
laxman wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 5:08am
I must be in the minority, because I like them, plus 12.5p for a concert is pretty rare these days.
Are you going to a show Phil?
For 12.5p definitely ;)

Might try for the Blackpool show, will depend upon what else I have on that weekend. You interested?
If you fancy it yes why not?
Joining the Street Parade

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 51262
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by Wolter » 24 Oct 2018, 12:23pm

JennyB wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 9:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 9:34am
Silent Majority wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 1:56am
Damon must have accumulated enough songs without any hooks in the time since the last one. "Can't use this for Gorilla's, hasn't got a melody. It'll wait till Paul's free."
*snort* Nice smackdown of two people in one barb.
Agreed. The first album was...fine. For playing at night if you were having trouble sleeping.
It literally has less hooks than Brian Eno’s Music For Airports.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28939
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: New The Good, The Bad & The Queen Album Out Nov 16, 2018

Post by Heston » 24 Oct 2018, 1:18pm

Simonon is wasted on this. I'd rather he made a solo album in the vein of his Clash songs. Even the Crooked Beat has more melody than TGTBATQ.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests