'Ignore Alien Orders/ On Parole With The Clash' (new book)

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

'Ignore Alien Orders/ On Parole With The Clash' (new book)

Post by JohnS »

Tony Beesley has written some great books about the mod scene/ punk/ new wave, and has teamed up with Ant Davie on a new one...
The first I've heard about this, c/o a workmate who got the info from Mr Beesley himself.

https://www.tonybeesleymodworld.co.uk/a ... 2eASDED8NA
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: 'Ignore Alien Orders/ On Parole With The Clash' (new book)

Post by laxman »

Thanks John. Looks like maybe the book that came out on Kindle already? Ordered it regardless!

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Cheers John. Ordered. How do you know if your in the first 50 or not. Lax ??

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

white man wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 7:28am
Cheers John. Ordered. How do you know if your in the first 50 or not. Lax ??

Not 100% sure, but my confirmation email said I have a signed pre-order, so I'm guessing that is good news.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

I’m told the book is still being worked on and not actually published til September. Pre orders are being offered cos they need the funding (although I’m not sure when they will charge your credit card.
But the author seems like a nice bloke- via our mutual friend he said he was very grateful for my interest and for flagging up the project here; in fact he’d welcome any anecdotes / input from Clash fans for possible inclusion. I think you can contact him via the website.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

JohnS wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 9:20am
I’m told the book is still being worked on and not actually published til September. Pre orders are being offered cos they need the funding (although I’m not sure when they will charge your credit card.
But the author seems like a nice bloke- via our mutual friend he said he was very grateful for my interest and for flagging up the project here; in fact he’d welcome any anecdotes / input from Clash fans for possible inclusion. I think you can contact him via the website.
Ant is great, I don’t know the other guy. Ant gave me a credit in his Vision of a Homeland book. I was reading it on holiday, got to the end, read the credits and was very pleasantly surprised to be in them. I think I had sent him some info or shows.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

I got Ant's book(signed) as well. Good read

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Yep I can vouch for Ant top bloke and reliable. He published a sort piece I contributed for his Joe Strummer book.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

I got an email from Ant, as I guess a few of you will have done. I checked with him and he was happy for me to share it on here;

"Me writing a book is like waiting for a bus, you wait ages for one and all of a sudden 3 come along at once!
So after completing "This is Joe Public Speaking" which I loved doing and is now available as a paperback

I was asked by top muso author Tony Beesley to contribute to his new book "Ignore Alien Orders - On Parole with The Clash"
https://www.tonybeesleymodworld.co.uk/a ... ow/7944912
Which I was delighted to do.
This is a really super book and has some great extra's for early orders.

10% of the books royalties will go to Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital, London

If you haven't heard it already: the 8 part podcasts on Spotify: "Stay Free The Story of The Clash"
https://open.spotify.com/show/51evn6HmX9KhCwJA2MAuYx

Ant"

He is at Strummercamp on Sunday, reading extracts from his book I believe, if anyone on here is going? Ruts DC are headlining that day.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

I tried to include a link to the Amazon page for Ant's book but it wasn't working in the post so I deleted it. Search on his name or This is Joe Public Speaking and you will get it.