Simmo in court

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
rudebhoy
Bang Ice Geezer

Simmo in court

Post by rudebhoy »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Clash.html

am somewhat staggered that Paul and his ex-missus' future royalties are valued at 10 million quid - makes you wonder how much Joe and Mick's cut is worth!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Simmo in court

Post by WestwayKid »

That's about $13,00,000 US...wow! My guess is that Mick and Joe's cut would be quite a bit higher considering they were the main song writers.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I've been saying for ages that people underestimate how much they must still make off the back of movies, adverts, tv soundtracks etc. You cannot live in Notting Hill without being quite wealthy.

They fully deserve it imo, the joy they've brought to the world via their music. Insane though to think those 5 years set you up for life.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Paul's partner - Serena Rees - is pretty well off, too.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Heston wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 12:22pm
I've been saying for ages that people underestimate how much they must still make off the back of movies, adverts, tv soundtracks etc. You cannot live in Notting Hill without being quite wealthy.

They fully deserve it imo, the joy they've brought to the world via their music. Insane though to think those 5 years set you up for life.
Yup. Definitely. They're some of the best guys in the history of rock, too.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Happy for them too but only a little surprised by the figures given they were in one of the most famous rock bands of all time. Shane MacGowan has probably earned as much as simmo on the royalties from one song.

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

Low Down Low wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 1:02pm
Happy for them too but only a little surprised by the figures given they were in one of the most famous rock bands of all time. Shane MacGowan has probably earned as much as simmo on the royalties from one song.
I completely agree LDL
Joining the Street Parade