Bringing out the Dead

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
msza2
Junco Partner

Bringing out the Dead

Post by msza2 »

I had no idea this movie existed until a few days ago. A 1999 Martin Scorsese flick staring Nicholas Cage as a late night ambulance driver in NYC. Soundtrack features two early Clash songs (Janie Jones, I'm So Bored with the USA) and a smattering of reggae and Motown. Definitely my kind of music.

Given the setting, Career Opportunities would seem to have been an obvious choice (too obvious?), and sure enough, within 15 minutes someone referred to Cage as an 'ambulance man.' I almost think Scorsese intended Career Opps to be the unspoken theme of the whole movie.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Bringing out the Dead

Post by Kory »

msza2 wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 10:00am
I had no idea this movie existed until a few days ago. A 1999 Martin Scorsese flick staring Nicholas Cage as a late night ambulance driver in NYC. Soundtrack features two early Clash songs (Janie Jones, I'm So Bored with the USA) and a smattering of reggae and Motown. Definitely my kind of music.

Given the setting, Career Opportunities would seem to have been an obvious choice (too obvious?), and sure enough, within 15 minutes someone referred to Cage as an 'ambulance man.' I almost think Scorsese intended Career Opps to be the unspoken theme of the whole movie.
Funny coincidence, the guitarist in my band also just watched this for the first time. I saw it when it first came out on VHS!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Bringing out the Dead

Post by Flex »

Loved this move when it came out (I was also a proud owner of it on VHS) and the soundtrack is great. Haven't seen it in years, maybe I should give it a spin.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!