Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Heston »

ic1960 wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 11:16am
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 10:43am
So Sandinista ! is my favourite Clash album. Such an amazing diverse range of styles etc.

A double a single an EP?
Fuck all that crap it's a brilliant record. I've decided to remix it and make this new ''Strike Out'' version. Keeping all The Clash songs on board and adding a couple that were recorded at Pluto studio for the Sandinista ! sessions.

Some edits have taken place the kids songs are gone. I've included Tymon Dogg's excellent ''Lose This Skin'' as a stand alone single in the file.

Also I've rounded up all of Mikey Dread's dubs for a separate album as a proposed giveaway/freebie as in keeping with the spirit of the times.

Please do not share outside of the forum as the people here will have bought this album many times over the years. Those that haven't do so!

https://mega.nz/#!boFQhKjY!1Egiq4wWkAiQ ... LCnbJrtN7Y
After a bit of a hectic period I have just dived back into bits of the forum I hadn't got round to checking out and found this......and what a nugget this is. This really does put some clear definition on what a great album this is without some of the unnecessary distractions. Once more thanks to Marky for a great piece of work on this as well as the bonus dub album which complements it perfectly. You know so many appreciate the time you give to all this stuff. This one is testing the durability of my car windows to the max.......just turn it up!! Brilliant!
Fully agree with this post, had the two discs on again today. Outstanding tracklisting and the mastering is superb. Hope the move goes well Marky and you're back soon with the uploads.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

chocolatejesus
Dirty Punk

Post by chocolatejesus »

The mastering indeed ist brilliant!

I did some Home recording back in the day but i have No Idea how you get results like that without Access to the stems. Bloody great Work!

Theres so much Music i Wish you'd do your take on. Like the entire Wire discography?

The running Order is good - Strange to hear a record you know that Well when different songs start that you would Not expect.
Stop the world and bankrobber are nice additions that Work very Well in the context.
On my Player i Only Made one adjustment: i switched the Leader and omt - thats a nicer flow at least to my ears!

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

I was recently sent a copy of S! from Laxman (thanks again Phil).
After a little play at home I have waited until I could drive again & it has been blasting out in my car. The quality of the sound is fantastic!
It's very interesting to hear the different sequencing of the tracks too & has thrown me off after nearly forty years of being used to the same song order.
Thank you Marky for all your hard work & dedication. It is very much appreciated.
Cheers
Mike
Joining the Street Parade

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

deny wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 11:52am
After a little play at home I have waited until I could drive again & it has been blasting out in my car. The quality of the sound is fantastic!
It's very interesting to hear the different sequencing of the tracks too & has thrown me off after nearly forty years of being used to the same song order.
Thank you Marky for all your hard work & dedication. It is very much appreciated.
Cheers
Mike
Always a pleasure mate. Glad you enjoyed it. Nice one Phil for sorting out our man.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I had it on again today, superb.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

I think this might be the remaster that I've listened to the most
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

oliver wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 3:16pm
I think this might be the remaster that I've listened to the most
Easily for me, keep going back to it.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 12:35pm
deny wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 11:52am
Cheers
Mike
Always a pleasure mate. Glad you enjoyed it. Nice one Phil for sorting out our man.
No problem at all gents.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Got this on now. Neighbours are out. Superb. Hearing even more stuff i hadn't before. :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
05 Jul 2019, 7:55am
Got this on now. Neighbours are out. Superb. Hearing even more stuff i hadn't before. :mrgreen:
:cool:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

southsideryan
Corner Soul

Post by southsideryan »

JESUS CHRIST! Putting Junco Partner after Stop the World and Charlie Don't Surf was FUCKING GENIUS

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

Sorry if I repeat myself, but the "Dubwise Version" is really fantastic. Thanks again..... :cool:
Music is the only thing that matters

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
28 Oct 2019, 1:58pm
Sorry if I repeat myself, but the "Dubwise Version" is really fantastic. Thanks again..... :cool:
Thanks mate appreciated. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia