Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46158
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 3:37pm
This is a great version of the album. The band obviously wanted to mix and match and sprawl the story, which was very cool, but this probably would have gone over better, saving the dubs for album three.
In hindsight I think you are correct Teddy. But wow attempting 36 tracks or 38 really if you count the Crooked Beat dub and the kids cover version attached to the end of Broadway. Unbelievable to think they got away with it and turned out some stunning music. If you think of other contemporary bands like The Jam releasing Sound Affects at a similar time with only 11 tracks and some consider at least two of those 11 to be filler it's a massive achievement on the part of The Clash. And to keep it's price down to a single album how could anyone complain? In a word it's AMAZING.
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46158
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:18pm
RADIO ONE IS AMAZING!

MD is God.
The Clash & Mikey maybe. MD not fit to wear those shoes.
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21491
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by 101Walterton »

deny wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:54pm
101Walterton wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:25pm
deny wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:24pm
I would love to listen to a copy of this before my impending doom.
Everything alright mate?
Got another operation a week on Thursday. That will be five in two and a half years. :meh:

Funnily enough it is the same day that Endgame is released here in the UK! X(
All the best mate you’ll be good, enjoy the drugs 😉

deny
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 637
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by deny »

101Walterton wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 5:56pm
deny wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:54pm
101Walterton wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:25pm
deny wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:24pm
I would love to listen to a copy of this before my impending doom.
Everything alright mate?
Got another operation a week on Thursday. That will be five in two and a half years. :meh:

Funnily enough it is the same day that Endgame is released here in the UK! X(
All the best mate you’ll be good, enjoy the drugs 😉
Thanks fella
Joining the Street Parade

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46158
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Marky Dread »

deny wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 6:31pm
101Walterton wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 5:56pm
deny wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:54pm
101Walterton wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:25pm
deny wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:24pm
I would love to listen to a copy of this before my impending doom.
Everything alright mate?
Got another operation a week on Thursday. That will be five in two and a half years. :meh:

Funnily enough it is the same day that Endgame is released here in the UK! X(
All the best mate you’ll be good, enjoy the drugs 😉
Thanks fella
What time are you in hospital? As there's some posters I need to steal.😊

Seriously my brother I wish you every success and the very best of luck.
Image

deny
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 637
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by deny »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 6:56pm
deny wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 6:31pm
101Walterton wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 5:56pm
deny wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:54pm
101Walterton wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 4:25pm


Everything alright mate?
Got another operation a week on Thursday. That will be five in two and a half years. :meh:

Funnily enough it is the same day that Endgame is released here in the UK! X(
All the best mate you’ll be good, enjoy the drugs 😉
Thanks fella

What time are you in hospital? As there's some posters I need to steal.😊

Seriously my brother I wish you every success and the very best of luck.
I have to be there at 7.00am on 25th.

Thanks for your kind words mate.
Joining the Street Parade

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1962
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by gkbill »

Hello Marky,

Thanks again for your work! Great stuff! Veilen Dank! Kea leboha!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Heston »

Best of luck with the op, Deny. You're a top man and we need you around for a good while yet.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46158
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 8:58pm
Hello Marky,

Thanks again for your work! Great stuff! Veilen Dank! Kea leboha!
Ha thank you too.
Image

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1737
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Heston wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 11:18pm
Best of luck with the op, Deny. You're a top man and we need you around for a good while yet.
This. Get through it and get well, man! All the best...

Red Angel
User avatar
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 244
Joined: 26 Sep 2013, 11:40am

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Red Angel »

@Deny:

All the best for you, try to be strong and positive
Music is the only thing that matters

deny
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 637
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by deny »

Thank you all for the positive vibes!
Joining the Street Parade

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18991
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by JennyB »

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Deny.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3680
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by WestwayKid »

deny wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 10:00am
Thank you all for the positive vibes!
Positive vibes coming at you all the way from Milwaukee, Wisconsin!!
"Geoff who takes kids camping is dead all the boys except Rusty are missing." - revbob
"Tom checks the ingredients on "Uncle Pusher's Old Timey Cocaine Filled Cider" - Silent Majority

deny
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 637
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by deny »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 10:42am
deny wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 10:00am
Thank you all for the positive vibes!
Positive vibes coming at you all the way from Milwaukee, Wisconsin!!
Thanks WWK - I now have a centre parting! :mrgreen:
Joining the Street Parade

Post Reply