Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Post Reply
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 41499
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Marky Dread » 30 Apr 2019, 5:32pm

Kory wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 5:04pm
When listening to this in VLC, the first couple seconds of each track are getting cut off. Is this happening to anyone else?
I don't like too much space between tracks personally. Anything more than a two second gap does tend to get trimmed back. That said I've played it through a few times via VLC player and have not experienced this problem. Maybe you can adjust the settings mate. Are you using the latest version of VLC?
Image

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10255
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Kory » 30 Apr 2019, 6:02pm

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 5:32pm
Kory wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 5:04pm
When listening to this in VLC, the first couple seconds of each track are getting cut off. Is this happening to anyone else?
I don't like too much space between tracks personally. Anything more than a two second gap does tend to get trimmed back. That said I've played it through a few times via VLC player and have not experienced this problem. Maybe you can adjust the settings mate. Are you using the latest version of VLC?
An update seems to have fixed it, although the scuttlebutt online seems to be that the update HASN'T fixed it for some users. Weird stuff.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27904
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Flex » 30 Apr 2019, 6:03pm

Kory wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 6:02pm
An update seems to have fixed it, although the scuttlebutt online seems to be that the update HASN'T fixed it for some users. Weird stuff.
obama
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 41499
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Marky Dread » 30 Apr 2019, 6:04pm

Kory wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 6:02pm
Marky Dread wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 5:32pm
Kory wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 5:04pm
When listening to this in VLC, the first couple seconds of each track are getting cut off. Is this happening to anyone else?
I don't like too much space between tracks personally. Anything more than a two second gap does tend to get trimmed back. That said I've played it through a few times via VLC player and have not experienced this problem. Maybe you can adjust the settings mate. Are you using the latest version of VLC?
An update seems to have fixed it, although the scuttlebutt online seems to be that the update HASN'T fixed it for some users. Weird stuff.
Nice one Kory. Every now and again VLC has some minor glitches but over the years it's been a great platform.
Image

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10255
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Kory » 30 Apr 2019, 6:12pm

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 6:04pm
Kory wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 6:02pm
Marky Dread wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 5:32pm
Kory wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 5:04pm
When listening to this in VLC, the first couple seconds of each track are getting cut off. Is this happening to anyone else?
I don't like too much space between tracks personally. Anything more than a two second gap does tend to get trimmed back. That said I've played it through a few times via VLC player and have not experienced this problem. Maybe you can adjust the settings mate. Are you using the latest version of VLC?
An update seems to have fixed it, although the scuttlebutt online seems to be that the update HASN'T fixed it for some users. Weird stuff.
Nice one Kory. Every now and again VLC has some minor glitches but over the years it's been a great platform.
Yeah this was the first time I ever had a glitch, pretty good track record overall.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 52104
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Wolter » 30 Apr 2019, 6:48pm

Kory wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 5:14pm
Wolter wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 5:06pm
Kory wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 5:04pm
When listening to this in VLC, the first couple seconds of each track are getting cut off. Is this happening to anyone else?
That happens to me in VLC a lot.
Huh. First time for me. Looks like it's research time.
I can’t remember if I fixed it or not.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27904
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Flex » 30 Apr 2019, 10:36pm

I use mediamonkey (i paid for a lifetime license back in college) and I love it. Latest release integrates casting support to streaming devices which I'm loving.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 52104
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Wolter » 30 Apr 2019, 11:02pm

Sound of Sinners really works as an album closer.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 41499
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Marky Dread » 01 May 2019, 7:47am

Wolter wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 11:02pm
Sound of Sinners really works as an album closer.
Agreed my good man.
Image

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10255
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Kory » 01 May 2019, 12:37pm

Marky Dread wrote:
01 May 2019, 7:47am
Wolter wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 11:02pm
Sound of Sinners really works as an album closer.
Agreed my good man.
Marky, this sounds great and the running order is also very natural. Thanks!
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 41499
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Marky Dread » 01 May 2019, 12:42pm

Kory wrote:
01 May 2019, 12:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 May 2019, 7:47am
Wolter wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 11:02pm
Sound of Sinners really works as an album closer.
Agreed my good man.
Marky, this sounds great and the running order is also very natural. Thanks!
Cheers Kory glad you're enjoying it. I did lots of versions of the tracklist and felt this worked best.
Image

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10255
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Kory » 01 May 2019, 12:50pm

Marky Dread wrote:
01 May 2019, 12:42pm
Kory wrote:
01 May 2019, 12:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 May 2019, 7:47am
Wolter wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 11:02pm
Sound of Sinners really works as an album closer.
Agreed my good man.
Marky, this sounds great and the running order is also very natural. Thanks!
Cheers Kory glad you're enjoying it. I did lots of versions of the tracklist and felt this worked best.
As alluded to before, Hitsville works way better far from the beginning.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 52104
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Wolter » 01 May 2019, 12:56pm

Kory wrote:
01 May 2019, 12:50pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 May 2019, 12:42pm
Kory wrote:
01 May 2019, 12:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 May 2019, 7:47am
Wolter wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 11:02pm
Sound of Sinners really works as an album closer.
Agreed my good man.
Marky, this sounds great and the running order is also very natural. Thanks!
Cheers Kory glad you're enjoying it. I did lots of versions of the tracklist and felt this worked best.
As alluded to before, Hitsville works way better far from the beginning.
Definitely.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 41499
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Marky Dread » 01 May 2019, 1:10pm

Kory wrote:
01 May 2019, 12:50pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 May 2019, 12:42pm
Kory wrote:
01 May 2019, 12:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 May 2019, 7:47am
Wolter wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 11:02pm
Sound of Sinners really works as an album closer.
Agreed my good man.
Marky, this sounds great and the running order is also very natural. Thanks!
Cheers Kory glad you're enjoying it. I did lots of versions of the tracklist and felt this worked best.
As alluded to before, Hitsville works way better far from the beginning.
Yep that was Wolt who pointed that out. When listening back it was obvious that it didn't do the running order any favours being chucked in so early.
Image

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27904
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Sandinista ! Strike Out Edition.

Post by Flex » 01 May 2019, 1:27pm

Loaded this up on minidisc and listening at my desk now. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests