Vanilla Tapes Question

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Red Angel
Junco Partner

Re: Vanilla Tapes Question

Post by Red Angel »

the heat makes bad jokes :meh:
Music is the only thing that matters

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 11:03am
the heat makes bad jokes :meh:
You gotta heat heat if you can't win.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Not sure where else to post this, but does anyone know the address to where the Vanilla studios were? Someone posted the place that they used to play soccer/football and I'm just curious relative to that playground.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

stuartreed
Corner Soul

Post by stuartreed »

from A Riot of Our Own -
"Then we struck lucky. It was called Vanilla, and it came from just another small-ad. It was in Causton Street, down by the river, near Vauxhall Bridge."

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

As I recall, it was above an auto shop that likely isn't there anymore, but I think I recall someone saying the field was right across the street didn't they?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

matedog wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 12:23pm
Not sure where else to post this, but does anyone know the address to where the Vanilla studios were? Someone posted the place that they used to play soccer/football and I'm just curious relative to that playground.
I once saw the address listed as 36 Causton Street (one of those musical landmarks of London type sites). I just punched it into Google Maps and a building with that address still exists. It's close to Vauxhall Bridge and another clue that this is the correct location is that the White Swan pub is nearby. The playground is right across Causton Street. It looks like the building that once housed Vanilla is not visible from the street.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (555.17 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
The building circled in red is 36 Causton and then the playground is circled in blue. It looks like the kind of building that could have housed a recording space on the top floor. The river is to the left of the screen. White Swan is just off the bottom of the frame.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

matedog

Post by matedog »

WestwayKid wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 1:11pm
Untitled-2.jpg

The building circled in red is 36 Causton and then the playground is circled in blue. It looks like the kind of building that could have housed a recording space on the top floor. The river is to the left of the screen. White Swan is just off the bottom of the frame.
Very helpful, thank you.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 1:15pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Untitled-2.jpg

Very helpful, thank you.
hmmmm, we're gonna find a basement full of brucelings here in a couple months aren't we
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 1:23pm
matedog wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 1:15pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Untitled-2.jpg

Very helpful, thank you.
hmmmm, we're gonna find a basement full of brucelings here in a couple months aren't we
:shifty: :cool: