EET Week is coming...6/10/19-6/14/19

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: EET Week is coming...6/10/19-6/14/19

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 1:18pm
it just occurred to me that our Big Dumb Wet President is, not politically at all, but very much aesthetically the apotheosis of the BERNIETIME aesthetic. He's like if the fingerpoppin' aor mix became a non-sentient human being elected to high office. It's repulsive and the only thing that can defeat him may be the opening 30 seconds of DICTATOR
Let's keep this thought in mind when people inevitably seek to find virtue and value in that album … Bitter Tomston.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Wolter wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 9:16am
BitterTom wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 5:41am
EET Week begins. CtC is in the CD player in the car. I swear with each listen, it gets slightly more bearable. So much so, I actually don't mind this album. Dictator wins the award for most improved song for me, it's a bit muddled but underneath there's a half decent song there.
Do you have Marky’s (I think it was his?) version?
Yeah just listened again to it. Have to admit I really enjoyed it. There's far worse on the album, noticeably my bottom 3, Cool Under Heat, Play to Win and Life is Wild.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

BitterTom wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 3:58pm
Wolter wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
EET Week begins. CtC is in the CD player in the car. I swear with each listen, it gets slightly more bearable. So much so, I actually don't mind this album. Dictator wins the award for most improved song for me, it's a bit muddled but underneath there's a half decent song there.
Yeah just listened again to it. Have to admit I really enjoyed it. There's far worse on the album, noticeably my bottom 3, Cool Under Heat, Play to Win and Life is Wild.
I unironically like Cool Under Heat, ironically like PTW, and yeah, Life Is Wild is pretty bad.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:23pm
BitterTom wrote:
Wolter wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I unironically like Cool Under Heat, ironically like PTW, and yeah, Life Is Wild is pretty bad.
I like Cool Under Heat as a song but it is an appalling mess on the album. The vocal is mixed too low to the point that it actually disappears at one point. The terrace chants on the chorus are horrible, and the guitar sounds like it's being played through the worst effects pedal in the world. The busking version was way cuter.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:30pm
Wolter wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Wolter wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I like Cool Under Heat as a song but it is an appalling mess on the album. The vocal is mixed too low to the point that it actually disappears at one point. The terrace chants on the chorus are horrible, and the guitar sounds like it's being played through the worst effects pedal in the world. The busking version was way cuter.
Oh yeah. Standard disclaimer that I’m ignoring production as much as I can.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston

Post by Heston »

Play To Win gets a lot of criticism but I really think the chorus is pretty decent, likewise the instrumental interlude. Obviously those two minutes of people talking in a noisy arcade don't help but there is worse out there.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:32pm
Play To Win gets a lot of criticism but I really think the chorus is pretty decent, likewise the instrumental interlude. Obviously those two minutes of people talking in a noisy arcade don't help but there is worse out there.
I hyped it up as "The Worst Clash Song Ever" to get my friend to play it on his radio show (college radio, not real commercial radio) and afterward felt like I should have chosen Dictator instead.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:43pm
Heston wrote:
I hyped it up as "The Worst Clash Song Ever" to get my friend to play it on his radio show (college radio, not real commercial radio) and afterward felt like I should have chosen Dictator instead.
Junkie Slip would have done the trick.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
That bass in the interlude is pretty nice to be fair.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:49pm
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:
No, he said worst. Slip is fairly solid, though a little pointless.

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:51pm
Heston wrote:
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:
Ok then, Sex Mad Roar. There is no worse Clash song, you will never convince me otherwise.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:56pm
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:
Ok then, Sex Mad Roar. There is no worse Clash song, you will never convince me otherwise.
I was going to pull out Death is a Star but think I've pressed you enough on worst songs.

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:58pm
Heston wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:56pm
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
matedog wrote:

I was going to pull out Death is a Star but think I've pressed you enough on worst songs.
Now I like the music on that one and the chorus is ok but Joe's talking bits just make me cringe.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:30pm
Wolter wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Wolter wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
EET WEEK: When cuteness is king.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

The Cut the Crap CD reissue (which must have been remastered because it doesn't sound like ass — I mean, it does sound like ass, but for different reasons) at maximum volume on a decent set of headphones is actually OK. Maybe Bernie's biggest mistake was not slapping a PLAY LOUD sticker on the front.