Dec 14, 2019: WTTW Screening w/ MJ, Simmo, Topper, and Don Letts

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Dec 14, 2019: WTTW Screening w/ MJ, Simmo, Topper, and Don Letts

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

https://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/new ... on-calling

“The BFI today announce a special screening of The Clash: Westway to the World (Don Letts, 2000) to celebrate The Clash and their era-defining masterpiece London Calling, which was originally released on 14 December 1979. The screening, which will take on the same day London Calling was released, Saturday 14 December, will be followed by a discussion with The Clash’s Mick Jones, Paul Simonon and Topper Headon with the film’s director Don Letts, as well as an after party with a DJ set by Don Letts.”

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Dec 14, 2019: WTTW Screening w/ MJ, Simmo, Topper, and Don Letts

Post by Heston »

I wanted to go to this and I'm severely hacked off that it wasn't the Saturday before when I think I'm gonna be in London visiting family.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 6:58pm
I wanted to go to this and I'm severely hacked off that it wasn't the Saturday before when I think I'm gonna be in London visiting family.
Ditch the family and go the following week 😂

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 7:45pm
Heston wrote:
I can't, I have a gig commitment on the 14th and I'm royally pissed off about it!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

101Walterton wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 7:45pm
Heston wrote:
Yeah this is something you feign illness for. You gotta make it happen for the North Americans who can't go.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

ClashCityHammer.
Corner Soul

Post by ClashCityHammer. »

Went on sale to BFI members this morning and sold out very quickly. I paid forty eight quid for a membership to get priority booking but didn't get one. So that went well.

crashtheparty
Dirty Punk

Post by crashtheparty »

ClashCityHammer. wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 11:43am
Went on sale to BFI members this morning and sold out very quickly. I paid forty eight quid for a membership to get priority booking but didn't get one. So that went well.
Sorry to hear that, I also got a membership in order to access presale. I managed to get a couple of tickets (thankfully as I’ve already booked travel from Scotland) but it was sold out in about 7 minutes. Try again next Tuesday for the general sale, they must have held some back for it (you would hope).

ArmagideonTim
Dirty Punk

Post by ArmagideonTim »

I was lucky enough to get a couple through my brother in law's membership. Does anyone know if there will be a compere or is it just Don Letts?

Heston

Post by Heston »

If there's a q&a, ask them why they never made videos for Hitsville, Mag 7 and SISOSIG.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 3:07pm
If there's a q&a, ask them why they never made videos for Hitsville, Mag 7 and SISOSIG.
Because they don't like miming. :shifty:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Family will still be there in the new year, no? The opportunity to ask Paul which version of "Black Diamond" is best, and then be hauled out screaming by security when he contemptuously replies, "The Replacements, duh," is too important.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

ClashCityHammer. wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 11:43am
That is shit mate, sorry to hear.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 5:43pm
Heston wrote:
Family will still be there in the new year, no? The opportunity to ask Paul which version of "Black Diamond" is best, and then be hauled out screaming by security when he contemptuously replies, "The Replacements, duh," is too important.
I'm visiting family the week before, it's a gig commitment that stopped me from trying to get a ticket. Though reading above they are like gold dust anyway.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 6:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
I'm visiting family the week before, it's a gig commitment that stopped me from trying to get a ticket. Though reading above they are like gold dust anyway.
Whoops—misinterpreted. You're a good fucker for not bailing on the gig.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 6:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Sounds like the Madness gig at Electric Ballroom has had ‘issues’ as the only people who appear to have got the £2.50 tickets are the people selling them on EBay for £1.50