Dec 14, 2019: WTTW Screening w/ MJ, Simmo, Topper, and Don Letts

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Dec 14, 2019: WTTW Screening w/ MJ, Simmo, Topper, and Don Letts

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 9:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 8:56am
Heston wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 8:48am
Hammy wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 7:22am
Heston wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 3:07pm
If there's a q&a, ask them why they never made videos for Hitsville, Mag 7 and SISOSIG.
The Shea Stadium footage was the original video for SISOSIG;
originally the track was kind of a weird pace (off performance)
I'm not convinced that video was available at the time the song was released.
Pretty sure I didn't see a video for SISOSIG until it was re-released in the early 90s.
It was on the Tube but not until 1983. Also on Video Clash which came out in 1985.
Huh. Offhand, the videos I remember from the old days were for London Calling, Train in Vain, Clampdown, Rock the Casbah, The Call Up, and Radio Clash. In the late 80s (in connection with The Story of …), videos were cobbled together for Bankrobber and I Fought the Law. I really don't recall seeing one for SISOSIG in the 80s.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 9:24am
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Hammy wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 7:22am

The Shea Stadium footage was the original video for SISOSIG;
originally the track was kind of a weird pace (off performance)
Pretty sure I didn't see a video for SISOSIG until it was re-released in the early 90s.
It was on the Tube but not until 1983. Also on Video Clash which came out in 1985.
Huh. Offhand, the videos I remember from the old days were for London Calling, Train in Vain, Clampdown, Rock the Casbah, The Call Up, and Radio Clash. In the late 80s (in connection with The Story of …), videos were cobbled together for Bankrobber and I Fought the Law. I really don't recall seeing one for SISOSIG in the 80s.
The Shea SISOSIG video that came out in 1991 in the wake of the Levi's ad was redubbed with single audio. The live version (which was weirdly sped up) definitely aired on the Tube in autumn 1983. Whether it aired anywhere before that, I'm not sure.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 9:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

The Shea SISOSIG video that came out in 1991 in the wake of the Levi's ad was redubbed with single audio. The live version (which was weirdly sped up) definitely aired on the Tube in autumn 1983. Whether it aired anywhere before that, I'm not sure.
North America held up its hand and defiantly said no to your sped-up barbarity!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Heston wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 9:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

I dont remember if thats where i got it but i did have SISOSIG and KYR taped off the telly on our old betamax recorder and played it over and over until the machine eventually chewed it up.

plexi
Corner Soul

Post by plexi »

[url]
""REBEL'S WITH A BEAT !!""
http://www.iplexi.com

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

plexi wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 6:29pm
[url]
Don Letts doing a good job!!

Heston

Post by Heston »

I sometimes get bored with Paul's "you gotta move on and not look back" schtick. Ffs, just enjoy the fact you were part of one of the greatest albums ever. You certainly ain't gonna better it with TGTBATQ!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

Thanks for the footage though Plexi, I'm assuming someone rumbled the filmer at the end there.

Hammy
Dirty Punk

Post by Hammy »

Aye...BFI like to record these things – for themselves!
Should see them put something official up on YouTube, eventuallY?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 6:56pm
I sometimes get bored with Paul's "you gotta move on and not look back" schtick. Ffs, just enjoy the fact you were part of one of the greatest albums ever. You certainly ain't gonna better it with TGTBATQ!
Still, imagine having to tell that same story as many times as he has.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 2:10pm
Heston wrote:
Still, imagine having to tell that same story as many times as he has.
Couldn't be as boring as being in TGTBATQ.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Heston wrote:
I couldn't agree more with you Heston. Its a bit of a bug bear of mine as it only works if you do write something better or on a par. In my opinion and I always feel its a little up your own arse but to be fair so many bands say and think it that its not just the clash. I always feel its around about way of making an apology of not being able to better it and a way of giving an excuse of why you couldn't better it. Yeah those 5 albums are just legendary and something that they should be making as a bench mark to reach not to feel they need to move on. Sometimes bands don't see their own genius and try to strive to be something they are not in the name of art.

I will put a caveat here though that Big Audio dynamite was a fantastic example of moving on.