Before We Go Forward

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
BigBernieDynamite
Corner Soul

Before We Go Forward

Post by BigBernieDynamite »

Hello fellow Clash-heads. I’m new here, and I’m wondering if the old system can be BEAT? I also wonder where I can get the song ”Before We Go Forward”, is it available to buy as a download somewhere? I can’t find it anywhere, can’t afford the boxset either. You guys know any options?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Before We Go Forward

Post by Heston »

BigBernieDynamite wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 12:46am
Hello fellow Clash-heads. I’m new here, and I’m wondering if the old system can be BEAT? I also wonder where I can get the song ”Before We Go Forward”, is it available to buy as a download somewhere? I can’t find it anywhere, can’t afford the boxset either. You guys know any options?
With an opening post like that I will sort it out for you later if no one gets in before me
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 3:28am
BigBernieDynamite wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 12:46am
With an opening post like that I will sort it out for you later if no one gets in before me
And that amazing username.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston

Post by Heston »

High rate mp3, let me know if you'd prefer FLAC...

http://www.filefactory.com/stream/1n9gu7m4ys3j
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BigBernieDynamite
Corner Soul

Heston wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 12:19pm

Thanks mate! My apologies for the very, very slow reply. I've been busy working for the Clampdown, getting a big, big, big ghetto blaster and blowing this town to plaster, pointing my finger at the best girl in sight etc, you all know how it is.

Very interesting track, it has historical importance within the Clash world as it solves a tiny bit of the Lucky 8 demos puzzle. "Backwoods Drive". I wonder if there's more tracks from that period hiding somewhere on some old tapes or whatever. Would be cool to hear "Galleani" with some decent quality, always liked that one.

I guess all these "what if's" related to the legend of The Clash are the things that drive me crazy, these are the things that make me bad. Bad.
Thanks once again, very interesting to hear!

matedog

Post by matedog »

BigBernieDynamite wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 9:38am
Heston wrote:

Thanks mate! My apologies for the very, very slow reply. I've been busy working for the Clampdown, getting a big, big, big ghetto blaster and blowing this town to plaster, pointing my finger at the best girl in sight etc, you all know how it is.

Very interesting track, it has historical importance within the Clash world as it solves a tiny bit of the Lucky 8 demos puzzle. "Backwoods Drive". I wonder if there's more tracks from that period hiding somewhere on some old tapes or whatever. Would be cool to hear "Galleani" with some decent quality, always liked that one.

I guess all these "what if's" related to the legend of The Clash are the things that drive me crazy, these are the things that make me bad. Bad.
BBD, are you aware of EET Week?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

BigBernieDynamite wrote:
Heston wrote:

I love National Powder, really fun track with Pete actually getting to loosen his chops for a bit. They're alright, those demos.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Heston wrote:

Any chance of putting that up again John?

Heston

Post by Heston »

dave202 wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 11:52am
Heston wrote:

Any chance of putting that up again John?
No problem mate...

http://www.filefactory.com/stream/6f15j88v33qv

BigBernieDynamite
Corner Soul

matedog wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 9:57am
BigBernieDynamite wrote:
Heston wrote:

EET week? Not really, no. But I'm curious about it! I've stumbled across some posts mentioning it on here but I'm not 100 % aware.

matedog

Post by matedog »

BigBernieDynamite wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 1:06pm
matedog wrote:
BigBernieDynamite wrote:
Heston wrote:

EET week? Not really, no. But I'm curious about it! I've stumbled across some posts mentioning it on here but I'm not 100 % aware.
It is our annual celebration of all things Cut the Crap usually the first or second week of June. We've even done two tribute albums.

ArmagideonTim
Dirty Punk

Post by ArmagideonTim »

[/quote]
It is our annual celebration of all things Cut the Crap usually the first or second week of June. We've even done two tribute albums.
[/quote]

Thanks for that, I've always wondered too but been too chicken to ask.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

ArmagideonTim wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 2:28pm
Don't be shy, we're all welcoming here and happy to answer any questions about our impenetrable in-jokes. Except Flex, he's a reallllll jerk.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

matedog wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 1:59pm
BigBernieDynamite wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 1:06pm
matedog wrote:
BigBernieDynamite wrote:
Heston wrote:

Looking forward already 👍

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

ArmagideonTim wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 2:28pm
[/quote]

[/quote]

It’s not compulsory!!!
I am a conscience objector after spending many years denying its existence.