Paris 1981 TV footage

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Paris 1981 TV footage

Post by JohnS »

I don't think I've seen this before, a TV feature on the Mogador(?) gigs in 1981. Live footage of Safe European Home, and some chat in a bar.

https://www.ina.fr/video/CAB8101379401/ ... video.html

Found on the French Ina TV website, where I think you can pay for high res downloads. You can certainly stream them anyway - possible upgrades?

https://www.ina.fr/recherche/search?search=the+clash
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Paris 1981 TV footage

Post by matedog »

I thought the interview looked familiar. This was posted 7 years ago:

From BMC: French TV filmed one of the nights produced by Freddy Hausser for Midday News. It features Safte European Home and a short interview by Marc Zermati, a friend of the Clash and the promoter of the Les Nuites Punk in April 77 and the Monte De MArsen Festival that year as well.

French TV Antenne 2 recorded an early gig at Paris all of Safe European Home plus backstage Interview - edited in and out - but what circulates is in a low qulaity format. Also there are 2 minutes of Mick Jones with Futura 2000 from a French TV apperance
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

matedog wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 11:36am

From BMC: French TV filmed one of the nights produced by Freddy Hausser for Midday News. It features Safte European Home and a short interview by Marc Zermati, a friend of the Clash and the promoter of the Les Nuites Punk in April 77 and the Monte De MArsen Festival that year as well.

French TV Antenne 2 recorded an early gig at Paris all of Safe European Home plus backstage Interview - edited in and out - but what circulates is in a low qulaity format. Also there are 2 minutes of Mick Jones with Futura 2000 from a French TV apperance
Excellent detective work matedog. Nice to revisit this clip though
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JohnS wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 11:57am
matedog wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 11:36am

Excellent detective work matedog. Nice to revisit this clip though
Absolutely. Sad that single shot news footage of one partial song is all we got of that stand, but better than nothing.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.