Boris

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Hammy
Dirty Punk

Boris

Post by Hammy »

Should we not all be thankful that the freshly anointed Fuhrer of our country is a long-term Clash head?
Surely this is a good thing
...discuss?
(Obviously you yanks have nothing to say.)

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Boris

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Hammy wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 2:45pm

We just say, "You're welcome".

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 4:39pm
Hammy wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 2:45pm

We just say, "You're welcome".
I don't think our Fuhrer listens to music.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

No, he can fuck off the bumbling arsehole.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Hammy
Dirty Punk

Post by Hammy »

Yeah but he's 'one of us'
...we accept you – one of us, we accept you one of us...

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Fuck off.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Hammy
Dirty Punk

Post by Hammy »

Wolter?!
...Let's be friends?

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

I didn't take a great deal of notice at the time so I might not be totally accurate but wasn't this discussed on "have I got news for you" announcing that he was a clash fan only to be outed as not having a single clue about the clash later. I think Boris is just one big game player and knows exactly what hes doing and not one to fully trust imho

It could have been on a different programme I wasn't taking a great bit notice of it but that was the gist of it

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

I didn't take a great deal of notice at the time so I might not be totally accurate but wasn't this discussed on "have I got news for you" announcing that he was a clash fan only to be outed as not having a single clue about the clash later. I think Boris is just one big game player and knows exactly what hes doing and not one to fully trust imho

It could have been on a different programme I wasn't taking a great bit notice of it but that was the gist of it
There's also the report of Boris citing Sandinista! as his favorite Clash album, whose wide-ranging musical and lyrical outlook seems, shall we say, slightly at odds with he and his so-called party espouses now. But I've also known Regan lovers who couldn't get enough of the Dead Kennedys, so anything is possible, I guess.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I keep hoping this thread will become about Boris the Spider
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 10:28pm
I’d settle for Boris the Sprinkler.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
05 Jan 2020, 12:24am
Flex wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 10:28pm
I’d settle for Boris the Sprinkler.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Toppers Boppers
Long Time Jerk

Post by Toppers Boppers »

Chairman Ralph wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 9:39pm

There's also the report of Boris citing Sandinista! as his favorite Clash album, whose wide-ranging musical and lyrical outlook seems, shall we say, slightly at odds with he and his so-called party espouses now. But I've also known Regan lovers who couldn't get enough of the Dead Kennedys, so anything is possible, I guess.
He chose 'Pressure Drop' (Clash version) as one of his desert island discs.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00935b6
And Joe wrote to him when he was a journo at The Telegraph. At 33.40 from the link.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

As i recall joe was one of first to call blair out for the fraud he was but got a bit suckered by the bojo buffoonery. He wasnt the only one. The boys on have i got news for you got royally taken inas well. Nobodys perfect.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Low Down Low wrote:
05 Jan 2020, 9:30pm
As i recall joe was one of first to call blair out for the fraud he was but got a bit suckered by the bojo buffoonery. He wasnt the only one. The boys on have i got news for you got royally taken inas well. Nobodys perfect.
That buffoonery has got him where he is today. It’s used as a great distraction from his mess ups it’s a magician’s sleight of hand to take us away from the issues and failures. His trick is to enlighten the public to his foolishness and yes he plays the game very well and while we are all led along with this clown and entertainment by the circus we don’t notice how everyone else has to clean up his mess that he leaves behind him.
For example, take the cycle routes through London that was hailed as a massive success laughable really. Boris cleverly and foolishly fumbled and bumbled his way past the critics and doubters and when he is with his supports you see a change in himself a statesman who has a direct message and a self-publicist with a direct message to all his minions.
Different story if you ask the drivers that are stuck in standstill of traffic who sit there looking at the blocked off unused roads they want to use. Not a cyclist in sight but cyclist weaving through the stand still of cars and using the car routes themselves because it’s a direct route rather than the long distance routes the cyclists would otherwise have to use. He wins the cyclists over by allowing them to cycle where they like so of course they will always be in support of it but it would be a different story if they were restricted to cycle routes only. He’s not silly is he
Traffic with running engines at a standing still does not really reduce pollution. So, business takes longer adding to the cost to you and me all because of an idea that was bull dozed in to make one person look good and show his worth as a mayor.
Next time you walk through the city have a look at the cycles ports that you can rent out a bike to use well I had a look in the summer and not one rented bike was used on a lovely sunny day ,why because no one wants to use them.
So personally, I don’t think this smiling waving politician has succeeded any of what he calls victories and successes I see him a typical clockwork orange
Brexit will hopefully not turn out to be another bicycle crash