Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Happy birthday!

Played the album in full. Now on to the Marky Dread New Testament version. The Man in Me sounds like it had the potential to have been a really good track, given how well some of the album tracks scrubbed up compared to the Vanilla Tapes versions.

p.s. the album really is brilliant. Too easy to take it for granted after all these years, but just wow.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: 40

Post by dave202 »

laxman wrote:
14 Dec 2019, 8:16am
Happy birthday!

Played the album in full. Now on to the Marky Dread New Testament version. The Man in Me sounds like it had the potential to have been a really good track, given how well some of the album tracks scrubbed up compared to the Vanilla Tapes versions.

p.s. the album really is brilliant. Too easy to take it for granted after all these years, but just wow.
I couldn't agree more with your p.s., although I have never taken it for granted. My favourite memory was seeing a copy in my son's bedroom and asking why he'd bought it when my copy was downstairs and he could play it any time he wanted to. "You have to own it, it's a classic," he replied. It survives generations.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

dave202 wrote:
14 Dec 2019, 11:29am
laxman wrote:
14 Dec 2019, 8:16am
Happy birthday!

I couldn't agree more with your p.s., although I have never taken it for granted. My favourite memory was seeing a copy in my son's bedroom and asking why he'd bought it when my copy was downstairs and he could play it any time he wanted to. "You have to own it, it's a classic," he replied. It survives generations.
Fantastic! My daughter wore her Joe Strummer beanie on her Duke of Edinburgh awards trek and she said one of her teachers was very impressed!

southsideryan
Corner Soul

Post by southsideryan »

Happy 40th anniversary to the record that's been there for me through good and bad times and has helped me understand life and myself a little better. Gonna raise a toast to Joe tonite. He should be here but we can take solace in the fact that his voice and words will never leave us.

Cuz "Everybody smash up your seats and rock to this
Brand new beat
This here music mash up nations
This here music cause a sensation
Tell your mama, forgive your papa, everything's gonna be all right
Can't you feel it? Don't ignore it
Gonna be alright"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I just read Rolling Stone’s 10 Things You Didn’t Know about London Calling!!
I knew all 10 things.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I almost died.
Attachments
E66BA097-482C-4E7E-8BDB-FC063C16501A.png
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I desperately want to learn to make those my default lyrics.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Dec 2019, 4:55pm
Outside of me, I figured you might be the target audience.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
14 Dec 2019, 5:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Dec 2019, 4:55pm
Outside of me, I figured you might be the target audience.
You know my specific taste in awful.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
14 Dec 2019, 4:01pm
I almost died.
DEAD