Clash City Showdown Revisited?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Clash City Showdown Revisited?

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 8:25pm
IkarisOne wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 7:47pm
Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 6:00pm
I'm on to the section about Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg and Chris mentions he doesn't think the version we all know was Mick's final mix. That it was a "work in progress" copy. I've always thought this too due to the sloppy vocals (I'm thinking especially Ghetto Defendant and Know your Rights) and wondered if it was ever confirmed this was what Mick presented to the record company as the finished article? TeddyB?
I've heard tell there's another Mick mix out there that is more finished than the circulated version but you have to know the handshake to hear it.
When Sound System came out I was expecting to hear better versions of Kill Time and Beautiful People but they were just the same mixes that we always had. And Joe's guide-like vocal was still present on the extended Ghetto Defendant. This made me wonder if it actually was the finished thing after all.
The tape Mick has is better sounding than those doing the rounds on boots. Some tracks are longer and different mixes like OBF.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia