Clash City Rockers pitch correction

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Clash City Rockers pitch correction

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 10:11am
Heston wrote:
19 Jan 2020, 12:25pm
Just checked the alt take of Clash City Rockers and noticed the drums are different, especially at the end, so is definitely an alternate take rather than a rough mix.
Yeah, different backing, no overdubbed lead guitar fills here and there and a different lead vocal - lots of Joe's phrasing/diction sounds subtly different and of course no 'yeah, yeah' just before the guitar solo.
I'd forgotten all about this!
Yep all the above. I'm convinced Mick just re-did The tracks from the late '77 session and added to them. The thing that really bugs me is how great they sound and by the time of mixing the Marquee session they really had no need for a named producer such as Pearlman. Those 3 b-sides are The Clash sound to me. Only with Bill Price do they hit their stride soundwise again.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 11:15am
The thing that really bugs me is how great they sound and by the time of mixing the Marquee session they really had no need for a named producer such as Pearlman. Those 3 b-sides are The Clash sound to me. Only with Bill Price do they hit their stride soundwise again.
100% agree. I LOVED the guitar sound on 1-2 Crush On You. The record label says 'From the Marquee Tapes, recorded at Marquee Studio June 1978' which fascinated me at the time - what else was on these 'tapes' ? What would be released?
Not much, as it happened. It looks like it was just a one-off exercise to bash out some covers and old band faves for possible B-sides and/or to look busy for CBS. The Prisoner being a great song, mind.
I didn't know that the other B-sides were from there too, they weren't described as such on the record label.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 3:02pm
Marky Dread wrote:
The thing that really bugs me is how great they sound and by the time of mixing the Marquee session they really had no need for a named producer such as Pearlman. Those 3 b-sides are The Clash sound to me. Only with Bill Price do they hit their stride soundwise again.
100% agree. I LOVED the guitar sound on 1-2 Crush On You. The record label says 'From the Marquee Tapes, recorded at Marquee Studio June 1978' which fascinated me at the time - what else was on these 'tapes' ? What would be released?
Not much, as it happened. It looks like it was just a one-off exercise to bash out some covers and old band faves for possible B-sides and/or to look busy for CBS. The Prisoner being a great song, mind.
I didn't know that the other B-sides were from there too, they weren't described as such on the record label.
Yeah I always found that strange "from the Marquee tapes" wasn't applied to the other B-sides. The Marquee studio part of the Marquee Club, Wardour St. a great venue.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 3:13pm
JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Yeah I always found that strange "from the Marquee tapes" wasn't applied to the other B-sides. The Marquee studio part of the Marquee Club, Wardour St. a great venue.
Which is the 1-2 mix that is on the Italian boot that came with the Clash Story book? I really that one, pianner features.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 3:28pm
Marky Dread wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Which is the 1-2 mix that is on the Italian boot that came with the Clash Story book? I really that one, pianner features.
That's the early version from the CBS outtakes Oct/Nov '77.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 4:09pm
101Walterton wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 3:28pm
Marky Dread wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
That's the early version from the CBS outtakes Oct/Nov '77.
That is my favourite version of 1-2, agree with you about The Prisoner

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 4:46pm
laxman wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 4:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 4:28pm
laxman wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 4:17pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 2:31pm

It's on the "Guttersnipes from Garageland" comp of the first album and all the outtakes etc that I put together. Does anybody actually listen to anything I upload. :rolleyes:
We just like the artwork ;)
Too colourful for my tastes. ;)
Can we expect more monochrome in 2020?
First 3 Buzzcocks albums and demos/outtakes etc all remastered and sounding great as per Kory's request. Just checking all recording info so I can add an info sheet with the upload.

Remastered the "All The Peacemakers" Set with some additions. Sounds great also.

The Dread stick will be on its way to you next week sometime all being well.
Hello,

The Dread Stick is my new favorite phrase..."When I messed up around the house, my Dad was quick to break out the Dread Stick!"; "Don't make me get the Dread Stick!"; "I want to get a new Dread Stick for Christmas!"; "Hit me with your Dread Stick, hit me, hit me!" - well, maybe not that one.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 6:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 4:46pm
laxman wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 4:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 4:28pm
laxman wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 4:17pm

We just like the artwork ;)
Too colourful for my tastes. ;)
Can we expect more monochrome in 2020?
First 3 Buzzcocks albums and demos/outtakes etc all remastered and sounding great as per Kory's request. Just checking all recording info so I can add an info sheet with the upload.

Remastered the "All The Peacemakers" Set with some additions. Sounds great also.

The Dread stick will be on its way to you next week sometime all being well.
Hello,

The Dread Stick is my new favorite phrase..."When I messed up around the house, my Dad was quick to break out the Dread Stick!"; "Don't make me get the Dread Stick!"; "I want to get a new Dread Stick for Christmas!"; "Hit me with your Dread Stick, hit me, hit me!" - well, maybe not that one.
:lol:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia